Just a heads up, our office will be closed this coming Monday, January 21. Hope you all enjoy the three day weekend!
Welcome back from the holidays! Hope everyone had a wonderful time .
We have a small update for you guys today - autocomplete in site search now works everywhere across the site including the forums, news & people hub, and all edit pages (show, people, etc).
If you haven't seen it yet, here's our handy-dandy 2013 Midseason Premieres Calendar. Have your favorite shows come back to air? Join in the discussion of your favorite shows in the Episode Discussion Streams.
Which midseason premieres are you looking forward to most? I'm super excited for Shameless, Pretty Little Liars, and Game of Thrones!
Just want to give everyone a heads up that our offices will be closed next week (Dec 24th-28th), and on Monday and Tuesday the following week (Dec 31st and Jan 1st). We will be back in the office Wednesday, January 2nd.
We wish everyone Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
What are your plans for the holidays? I'm heading down to LA to spend time with my family!
Here are a few updates we have for you:
- When you sort episodes by ratings in the collapsed view, you will now see the season number along with the episode number.
User Blog Update
- We are removing the user blog download link Thursday, December 6, so if you haven't yet, download the blogs now!
UPDATE 12/6: User blog download links have been removed.
- We've improved the show hub, allowing you to browse by movies and web series.
- We've added more categories on the left side of the page to help you find your favorite shows, movies and web series faster.
- Threaded comments now go 5 levels deep
- We've added a new sorting feature to view the most popular comments, measured by the number of thumbs up.
Thanks, and please let us know what you think!
You will already see some of your favorite shows on the right hand column of our homepage if you've been marking them off in our daily What to Watch articles.
But now you can also add shows directly to your "Shows I'm Watching" list via the homepage module in the right hand column. If the show airs tonight (new or re-runs) you'll see the listing appear immediately.
You can always add or remove shows from your list by finding it in the site header dropdown - just look for the Star icon.
Bonus Poll: In honor of Movember, we want to know: whose famous TV mustache is your all-time favorite?
- We realized that 50 points for movie editorship is a bit steep. We've analyzed what info is missing from the guides and how many points someone can realistically get by filling in that information. With that, we've decided to decrease the points for movie editorship down to 20. Happy editing!
Episode Discussion/List Comments
- We're adding in a second level of comment threading. You will be able to reply to replies in the episode discussion stream and in lists.
FYI - Several shows are not airing new episodes this week due to the hurricane hitting the east coast. If your shows are affected, please change the air dates accordingly. Thanks and we hope all you east coasters are staying safe!
Are you dressing up as a TV character for Halloween? Send us your pics!
What are your plans for Halloween? Are you going to get dressed up?
Here's our very own JessicaKroeber dressed as Amy Pond from Doctor Who!
And here's our own TeddyWilkinsas Psy doing it Gangnam Style:
If you don't know what you're going to wear yet, here are a few quick and easy suggestions:
Have any extra Hazmat suits laying around? You can dress as Walt or Jesse from Breaking Bad!
Throw on a tie and jacket, find a fake mustache (or grow a real one) and you've got yourself Ron Swanson:
Take off the mustache and throw on a bow tie, now you're the Doctor!
Throw on a track suit, grab a megaphone or a whistle and you can be Sue Sylvester from Glee.
Have a tiara? Put it on with a pink dress and you can dress as Honey Boo Boo!
We want to see your Halloween pics! We'll post ours next week .
Simplified the show status field in the edit form.
- If a show is airing, it should be marked "In Season", if a show is between seasons or on hiatus, it should be marked "Between Seasons", and if a show hasn't started airing yet, it should be marked "Hasn't Aired". Please let me know if you have any questions on what to mark a show.
Notifications and New Icons
You'll see three icons at the top right of the site header:
--An envelope for PMs
--A pencil for Mod Queue alerts
--A flag for site notifications
What triggers site notifications:
--When someone replies to your Episode discussion comment
--When someone comments on your list
We're starting with a few cases and we plan to add more over time. What else would you like to get notified about?
Also, we've combined our existing Account + List dropdowns to make things simpler
You will be able to search for shows in the listings page.
Please let us know what you think!
PUBLICATION UPDATE: The issue has been fixed. All your submissions should be processing in normal time now. Thanks!
We've been experiencing issues processing blurb (trivia, quotes, etc.) and people pages submissions. This issue has been fixed. Unfortunately, all of these types of submissions made between noon yesterday, October 18, till today around 1:30 PM today (PST) have been lost. You will need to resubmit the information. If you aren't sure whether or not your submission went through - please contact me.
Editors - You may have noticed submissions in your queue that have been showing up blank. This is a related issue. Please reject all blank submissions and PM the user letting them know what's happened. Feel free to link them to this post. Also, all blurb and people page submissions that editors have made to their shows during the same time frame have not been saved. You will have to resubmit that information as well.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Apologies for the inconvenience.
UPDATE: Editors - You will be noticing blank submissions in your queue. We are working on a fix for this - I will keep you all updated. Thank you for your patience.
What to Watch Tonight
- Some of you may have noticed our new What to Watch Tonight stories. You can select what shows you're watching, and they automatically auto-populate for you to add as a comment. These episodes go automatically to your watch history.
Have you been playing our re-casting games? We just created Modern Family and It's Always Sunny casting games for you guys to try out.
Episode Discussion Stream
Thanks for all of you that have participated in the episode discussion streams. Make sure to check out tonight's episodes and join in!
UPDATE:Blurb re-ordering is working now. Thank you for your patience.
New Listings Page
- Faster loading time
- Filter by favorite shows and networks
- Finds schedule using your zip code
- View episode summary straight from listings page
Cast & Crew Tool
- Crew role searchable via autocomplete
- Organized by department
- Many new roles added from your suggestions
Sort Episodes by Ratings
- In the episode guide view, you can sort episodes (per season) by their ratings
Thanks and please let us know what you think!
Now that we have movies on the site, we want to know: what are 5 shows you'd like to see on the big screen? Should it be a reboot or a sequel? Should it feature the same actors or would you prefer a complete recast? Send us your list and discuss in the comments!
UPDATE: Blurb reordering has been fixed. Thanks.
New Cast & Crew Search Tool
- Much faster
- People images included
- Able to search actor with character names and aliases
- Able to search single name actors (Iman, Madonna, etc.)
Episode Page Improvements
- Countdown clock added to all episodes prior to air date
- New Episode Discussion feature
--- Located under Episode Summary prior to episode airing and day of air
--- To prevent any spoilers, we are moving the feature further down the page after the episode has aired.
- Embedded video clips will be seen on episode pages when available.
Thanks and please let us know what you think!
1. Comments on Lists
- We've seen a ton of great lists from you all and now you'll have a chance to add your feedback via comments!
- You'll also be able to comment on completed re-casting games.
2. Favorites Fixes
- We've upped the limit of favorites viewable from the header dropdown menu to 250.
- There is no cap on your overall favorites list.
3. Improved Profile Stability
- Those of you that were having issues seeing your profile pages will see improvements. However, some subpages on your profile will still be difficult to load. We're going to continue to make improvements on this.
- We're in the process of planning our new profile pages and we hope to have more to share with you soon!
4. Coming Later This Month
- We're working on a new cast & crew search tool! It'll be significantly faster and more refined. You'll be able to search single names such as Char and Usher.
We've had reports that some users are having issues with missing or deleted shows on their Favorites list. Please know that we're aware of the issue and are looking into it right now.
UPDATE: A fix has been put into place. Those affected should check their Favorites lists again. Please comment or report to me (nilla_chelle01) if you're still missing any shows. Thanks!
UPDATE 9/5: You all should now be able to access PMs, the mod queue, post in forums, etc. You may still be seeing issues with your profile pages - we are still working on that. Thanks.
UPDATE 9/1: Several of you may be experiencing issues logging in/viewing various pages on the site. We are aware of these issues and are working on a fix. I will keep you all updated on our progress. Thank you for your patience.
Movies, re-casting game, and the watched button on episode pagesare now live! We are launching the re-casting game with these 10 shows and movies:
How I Met Your Mother
Sex and the City
The Breakfast Club
The re-casting game can be found in the cast & crew module:
We will be adding many more shows and movies in the near future! What shows or movies would you like to re-cast? Let us know in the comments! Also, please share your re-casts - we'd like to see them .