Holiday Specials, Edit your Reviews, and JT's Final Chat

Holiday Specials

It's December, which means that the networks are pulling out all the classic holiday specials. But when does Year Without a Santa Claus air? Or how about the Christmas-themed episode of The Office? And are there any new specials premiering this year which are worthy of your attention? We've got all that covered with our Holiday Guide! All of the specials listed on a single page. Tell us which shows you're dying to watch, and which ones won't be playing in your household this holiday season.

Holiday Specials Guide

And after you're done watching those shows, do you have a favorite one you look forward to every year? Then head on over to our Favorite Shows Poll to vote for the best holiday-themed shows of all time.

Voice Your Vote: 2009 Holiday Specials

There's also a Favorite Holiday Character poll, which is in its second week. See who made the cut from the first round of nominees, and vote to help determine the winner! Psst, Vote Grinch...

Favorite Holiday Character

Reviews now Editable

So you've posted a review of something you've watched last night, and then realized that, yes, you have something else to add to it. The only option users had before was to just post a new review, which would clear out the old review. But now the all-powerful Edit link has returned. Go ahead. Make changes to your heart's content on your reviews. We won't mind...as long as you still adhere to the guidelines, of course.

Survivor Chat

It's been a pretty exciting Survivor season in Samoa, and things are finally drawing to a close. The finale is just a couple of weeks away so that means that next week's chat (Dec. 15th at 12pm PT) is the last one we're going to have with Survivor: Tocantins winner James "JT" Thomas, Jr. He's been a fount of great insight and information over the past few weeks, and he's bound to have a lot of things to say about who he thinks might win it all. Don't forget to drop by next week Tuesday and chat directly with JT!

Survivor Chat

Quick Links

CBS Monday to the Max - CBS lords over comedy on Monday nights. Watch the shows and then play the trivia game!

And don't forget we're on Twitter and Facebook
Posted by nilla_chelle01 12/09/2009 12:17pm comments: 7

Comments

Type your comment below

• Thank you for adding back in the ability to edit reviews-- that should prevent a lot of confusion.

• Glad we can finally edit reviews [again, apparently].

• Thank you for bringing back the edit review button. Using that is a lot more convenient than posting a new review to edit.

• NCIS has been a favorite of mine, but when CBS and the writers decide it is more important to offend Christians with a fluff-piece on Islam, I will need to reassess my 'favorites' list. Tell me, why was the retired Colonel father figure described as 'turned-preacher' while the son was not described as 'turned-Muslim?' Too offensive? The horrible dialog put into the father's mouth is incredible: "What I did was wrong, but well intentioned." WHAT? The 'good-guy' of this episode was the Muslim Chaplin, who was given the opportunity to proselytize during Christmas, saying his job was to, "Open the minds of people to the beauty and strength of Islam." There was no such defense of Christianity or Christmas. Only offensive statements about a 'lame-ass Santa.' --- CBS's has tarred Christianity and Christmas with the brush that rightly is deserved for Islam. It is the NORM among Muslims to kill father, mother, sister and brother if they offend 'the prophet' and the family by leaving Islam. Honor Killing is Muslim, not Christian. But, according to the dialog of this episode on "Faith" - "The most immoral thing a (Muslim) person can do is to not accept someone who is living according to the pillars of their Islamic belief." Then to degenerate the message of Christ's salvation into fulfilling a childhood wish for a baby-doll or to see Mom again is truly offensive. CBS and NCIS have gone out of their way to offend in this episode. I, as a 'faithful' fan of the show DEMAND that CBS and NCIS provide a public apology to those of us who understand the difference between Islam and Christianity. The real HONOR KILLING here was done by CBS. Shame on you.

• NCIS has been a favorite of mine, but when CBS and the writers decide it is more important to offend Christians with a fluff-piece on Islam, I will need to reassess my 'favorites' list. Tell me, why was the retired Colonel father figure described as 'turned-preacher' while the son was not described as 'turned-Muslim?' Too offensive? The horrible dialog put into the father's mouth is incredible: "What I did was wrong, but well intentioned." WHAT? The 'good-guy' of this episode was the Muslim Chaplin, who was given the opportunity to proselytize during Christmas, saying his job was to, "Open the minds of people to the beauty and strength of Islam." There was no such defense of Christianity or Christmas. Only offensive statements about a 'lame-ass Santa.' --- CBS's has tarred Christianity and Christmas with the brush that rightly is deserved for Islam. It is the NORM among Muslims to kill father, mother, sister and brother if they offend 'the prophet' and the family by leaving Islam. Honor Killing is Muslim, not Christian. But, according to the dialog of this episode on "Faith" - "The most immoral thing a (Muslim) person can do is to not accept someone who is living according to the pillars of their Islamic belief." Then to degenerate the message of Christ's salvation into fulfilling a childhood wish for a baby-doll or to see Mom again is truly offensive. CBS and NCIS have gone out of their way to offend in this episode. I, as a 'faithful' fan of the show DEMAND that CBS and NCIS provide a public apology to those of us who understand the difference between Islam and Christianity. The real HONOR KILLING here was done by CBS. Shame on you.

TOTAL SUBMISSIONS

by tv.com members

community helpers

these users are here to help