User Blogs

Hi all,

As we improve TV.com we are focusing our engineering efforts on the features you are using the most. Because user profile blogging is a feature that gets very low usage we will be shutting it down over the next month. We are in the early stages of planning new profile pages and we're excited to share more with you soon.

Next week, posting and commenting will be disabled on user blogs. A downloadable file of all your blogs and blog comments will be available at a later date. The following messaging will be added to the top of all user blogs:

We will update you all with more specific dates soon. Thanks and please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Edlyn (etong87)

Posted by etong87 07/09/2012 10:31am comments: 112

Comments

Type your comment below

• On the one hand, not having used my own blog myself, I can't complain. I'm sure there are others who do use theirs, of course.

On the other hand, I think the lack of blog use is a symptom. Time might be well served examining why people think posting blogs on TV.com is no longer an effective way to reach out to their friends and fellow site members. Rather than link to Facebook and Tweet to give us the ease to post there instead, TV.com could take the lead in competing with them. Or not.

• I'm really sorry to see this feature go. I haven't blogged in quite a while, since many of my friends have left, but my blogs pretty much tell the story of 5 to 6 years of my life. I appreciate that you are letting us download the blogs and comments. There have been many times when I went through old blogs and comments remembering good friends and good times.

• Okay I just lost 98% of my reason for coming here. From what I've seen the forums are the ones lacking. Guess it's time to brush up on my tvrage profile sad and disappointing day.

• Ah, yet another "improvement"! Just how this is an improvement is a mystery. Very disappointing news. I don't kmow how many members do their own blogging, but many who don't blog at least comment on other's blogs. Thanks alot, guys (not)!

• What a ridiculous move on CNet's part. The reason why no blogs anymore is because the mods scared away half of the site's users and arbitrarily banned the others. You can't sum up all your thoughts in 140 characters.

• What the... This makes me a lose a big reason to visit this site too. Most of the users here, me, my friends uses those blogs. And you all tell that those blogs aren't used so much? Okay, my friends, and most users uses those blogs daily, and me, every 2 days. Blogs aren't supposed to be used that much. Probably CBS is only looking towards the admins. And the admins' blogs in here, I saw them rarely used. So it must be their reason. They're looking at their admins but not for the other users. CBS should look out more before doing stuff like this! That's just lazy. Before doing this stuff, make a poll.

• I can't edit my message. My edit: or if not polls, an option to disable/enable the blog instead.

• I've met some wonderful people on this site, this is a crap decision, there are plenty of things in life I don't use much, but I still want them. Lame, lame, lame!

• So, what are the new profile pages going to be like, if we can't blog? Will there be a place to leave a message, but no one can comment? Is that what the "New Story Pages" thing is above? If you can't share your thoughts and interact with others, why have a profile page?

• A bonehead decision! My latest blog was titled "Last Blog" because it would be the last on this computer as I await my new one to get connected, but I didn't know how right I was. Maybe I'll have time to write one more, but I don't know. I enjoyed offering quiz questions about TV. No more, says TV.com. I have stayed with TV.com because I like TV nostalgia, but they keep coming with reasons why I should leave. Are PMs next to go?

• This is the crappiest decision ever :/ I love to blog and I make it at least every few days BUT this... like wow!!! I love this website and my bar on me enjoying this website is gonna start to go down. :(

• Part of the "charm" of this site is the user blogs. I don't write them but I enjoy reading several of them. The blogs are part of the social connection on this site as are the forums. By removing the blogs, you're sanitizing the site. Is this site to become only a place to find information? I hope it's much more than that.

• pretty much the only reason I use this site anymore is for blogs... guess I'm out of here next month.

• Fewer blogs are a symptom of the disastrous approach taken with the site...rather than examine the root of the cause, the blogs are done away with and will no doubt be replaced by something untested and unwanted by those who remain here. Shame on the site management....

• Can't believe this feature is going to be taken away. Was one of the most endearing parts of the site, being able to see what others users do on a regular basis. There aren't many sites I've been a part of that offer such a rich suite of features that cater to social users and 'power' users and seeing them mix so freely. One by one these features have been taken away to the point where this site is no different to any of other TV listing and video site. Shame to see it head this way.

• This is a horrible decision. You do know without blogs many people wont be coming here

• This makes me very upset. I love to blog. That's the only reason I'm still on this site is making blogs and reading other people's blogs.

• I check in to tv.com several times a day and the main reason to do so are the blogs. Even though I haven't been as busy as I used to lately, I loved writing blogs and I loved to read other people's blogs. Why should I come here anymore? To communicate in the forums and being sworn at by some lunatics? The forums are such a great means of communicating and get to know people from all over the world. So many of my friends have left due to bad decisions and to some serious glitching, but I've been staying true for more than 6 years now. I guess, this might be the end of my time in here after all ...