User Blogs

Hi all,

As we improve TV.com we are focusing our engineering efforts on the features you are using the most. Because user profile blogging is a feature that gets very low usage we will be shutting it down over the next month. We are in the early stages of planning new profile pages and we're excited to share more with you soon.

Next week, posting and commenting will be disabled on user blogs. A downloadable file of all your blogs and blog comments will be available at a later date. The following messaging will be added to the top of all user blogs:

We will update you all with more specific dates soon. Thanks and please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Edlyn (etong87)

Posted by etong87 07/09/2012 10:31am comments: 112

Comments

Type your comment below

• Sad to see it go. One question though: Will we be able to download our friends' blogs as well? Some friends of mine have left a long time ago and I don't have a way to get in contact with them in order for them to be able to send me a copy of their file. I think, if we're going to lose our blogs but keep our own in a file, we should also be able to keep those of our friends, because those are often just as important.

• @sesho2022 These new features will allow you to interact with other users in fun, new ways. We've built these off of features on the site you all use daily. In the latest site blog post (http://www.tv.com/forums/show_site_blog_entry.html?topic_id=3357955) we introduce a List feature where users can create custom lists of their favorite shows/people/web series. You can vote on lists and you can use another users' list to build off of. Please let me know if you have any questions!

• @basselope7 You will only be able to download your own blogs and comments.

• I don't see the yellow message at the top of the blogs, yet the blogs are disabled. Why is the message of what is happening missing? Not everyone reads this forum.

• Haven't blogged in a year, and I'm sad to see it go.

• Well, this could be the final nail in the coffin for me. I've slowly moved away from using TV.com. It hurts how badly the episode listings have been killed (I cannot easily copy names of episodes any more for one). Now blogging is gone. This shows how little I now use this site as I am only learning this 3 weeks after the fact. I'd blog about this, but ...

• Wow.. Hard to believe the blogs are going away. This makes me really sad. I didn't use them much, but I loved having the ability to come on and post a blog and comment on my friend's blogs. What's the point of bothering to become part of the community here if there's no where to express yourself? I really hope your page redesign includes a new blog-like feature, because if the loss of blogs is permanent, I'll be really disappointed.

• Haven't long found out about the changes with blogs on TV.com. For a long while I've felt TV.com has been on a downward slope, and this is a further example of that. Used to enjoy this TV show episode guide website, but now not so much.

• I was only using tv.com for my tv blog, I'll still keep my profile, but from now on I'll just have no use for the site, as there are better forums and more useful places to get information about all things TV. If they're going to get rid of anything, get rid of the moderators!

TOTAL SUBMISSIONS

by tv.com members

community helpers

these users are here to help