TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

News Hub

UPDATE: Under the Most Popular tab, you will now see stories that are more recent (from the past month).

We've made several improvements to our news hub. You can now filter by episode reviews, TV news, and more! Check it out and let us know what you think!

Posted by etong87 02/26/2013 4:14pm comments: 18

Comments

Type your comment below

• Cool. :) Now how about using those fabulous filtering tools on the search engine? It'd be great to be able to filter between shows, movies, web series and person guides!

• Really, really like this. Most of the time I want reviews, and if I'm behind in viewing they were much harder to find.

• This is a great enhancement. Thanks!

• @deershadow That is a great suggestion, thanks! I will pass it along to the team.

• @layle1 Awesome - so glad you like it!

• @dhaworth No problem! Glad you like it :-)

• Very helpful tool for me cause I normally want to just look through the latest news articles or search for a specific feature. Thanks TV.com!

• Nice feature! Ha! The "Most Popular" features are three of Price's articles from last year. Maybe it should be limited to the last few weeks or months. If I click on that I'd want to know what's popular right now. Just a thought.

• @fweak No problem! Thanks!

• @IndianaMom Great feedback, thanks! I'll pass it along to the team.

• I noticed that with the changes we lost the link that goes straight to the comments. That's nice to have when you've already read the article and just want to see what comments have been added since then.

• @deershadow. That is a good point. I am right now answering the TV.com survey on how to improve the site experience, and the thing I am about to point out is that we should be able to filter the search results better. Sometimes I have a vague recollection of an article on TV.com, maybe even as long as one or two years ago, but if I want to read it, I have no way of finding it using the TV.com search function! I actually have to use Google for it. For example, for months now I've been waiting for the results to the Dead Pool 2012 competition, and every now and then I check that article to see if there are any updates on it. But I cannot find the article using TV.com, unless I browse backwards through months of articles. The way I find the article now is by writing "Dead Pool 2012 +TV.com" in Google. It's pretty nuts that I cannot find a TV.com article using the TV.com system itself.

• @IndianaMom Thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it along!

• One thing I've noted, now that I've had a little time to play around with it, is that it seems like the news filter should be on the home page, rather than the news page.

You go to the home page, you see a lot of news and reviews and stuff. Most of it (not all) is stuff that's on the news page. There are tabs for: Shows - Videos - News - Listings - People - Forums. And then you click on News and you basically see... a lot of the stuff that was on the home page, the "news." Then you click again to filter it.

I'm not saying that the "news page" should be the home page. Just that if you put the news-type (All - News - Episode Reviews - Filters - Features - What to Watch - Most Popular) buttons on the home page, it would save users having to click on another link (the News link). Put them above Most Popular News, maybe.

• Awesome

• @Gislef Great feedback, thank you!

TOTAL SUBMISSIONS

by tv.com members

community helpers

these users are here to help