Profile Pages Update

Update 5:46pm: New profile pages are up! Let us know what you think!

Hello,

Coming soon! Improved profile pages. We've focused on improving the profile image uploading process and organizing your favorite shows, ratings, reviews and more. Enjoy, and let us know what you think! We will update you when we have a firm launch date for these new features!

Overview page:

- A bold, new favorites module

- A preview module for your most recent Notifications

- Your own, personalized TV listings

- Lists

- Your followers and who is following you

- We've removed Emblems from the profile page and stats

About:

- A brand new system for updating your profile images. Drag and drop one in and edit it as you see fit!

- Our old Bio lines were quite hidden, so we're starting fresh - tell us about yourself!

Followers:

- We've simplified "Tracking" and "Friends" to "Following" and "Followers"

Notifications:

- Notifications used to be on a standalone page, but we've brought them into the profile.

-For new users: you will receive a notification for replies to comments on news articles and on episode page discussions.

Ratings:

- A better layout for all of your Ratings

- For new users: you will receive a notification for replies to comments on news articles and on episode page discussions.

- For new users: you will receive a notification for replies to comments on news articles and on episode page discussions.

Reviews:

- A better layout for all of your Reviews

- Click through to get to the Show, Movie, or Episode pages

Contributions & Forum Posts:

- A quick glance at your history of contributions and Forum Posts

- As before, users with extensive contributions history will have to wait a bit for the page to load

Settings:

- Update your email preferences here

- We'll be adding more settings options in the future

Posted by jessicakroeber 03/15/2013 12:21pm comments: 68

Comments

Type your comment below

• As before, users with extensive contributions history will have to wait a bit for the page to load

Quite a bit. I've been waiting months for my contributions history page to open…

• At least six months for me. Hopefully this means that Development might actually resolve the situation.

Jessica was thoughtful enough to respond to an inquiry I had on potentially outstanding submissions.

• @TheOldBill & @Gislef - We totally understand your frustrations! Y'all just make so many contributions! Which we're thankful for, but it does give your history pages quite a run for their money.

• Our pages don't work at all, as part of the bug a while back where everyone lost access to their history among other things. It was described to us as a function of our level, not the # of submissions we have made.

"For new users: you will receive a notification for replies to comments on news articles and on episode page discussions." Is there some reason old users won't receive notifications? :)

• @Gislef - everyone should receive notifications. Apologies for the confusing wording on that item!

• Why no list of shows/people edited anymore? I found that quite handy for quicker navigating, plus I just liked having it showing on my page. Is there any way we can get that back in some form?

• Oh, and since you asked, I really don't like the new layout at all. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I liked my emblems. As for those following me, there's not as much reason for me to focus on them, since we no longer have blogs, so I find their inclusion on my profile page pointless. It seems like this is just another site change made simply for the sake of change, with no actual improvements to form or functionality. But that's just my opinion. Gotta keep those website/IT guys busy earning their money, I guess.:(

• Hmmm. I don't know about this. One thing I noticed that I don't like is that my reviews history page doesn't show the agree/disagree icons. I used to scroll down the review page to see how many I got for each review. Now I have to go to the show/episode/person page to see my review there and how many thumbs up or down I got.

• I agree completely with gabfan31 about this: "Why no list of shows/people edited anymore? I found that quite handy for quicker navigating, plus I just liked having it showing on my page. Is there any way we can get that back in some form?"

• Can I my Emblems back please? I like looking at them and worked hard for those.

• actually i loved my emblems and seeing my levels rise up as the further i get into my posting. please bring those back. other than that it'll take me some time to get used to but i like it otherwise.

• Perhaps the question is: will editors have a way, on their profile page or otherwise, to get a list of who and what they edit?

• I have to agree with those who've already posted. I'd really like to see things like level, level percentage, emblems and editor info prominently on a profile. I feel like since blogs were removed, TV.com has become incredibly impersonal and this update only reinforces that feeling. The things that were removed made it so my page was just another page, and makes it very difficult for others to easily see what I've devoted to this site.

• And beyond those concerns, this profile is just drab. A whole lot of pointless. I know what my favorites are; they don't need to be the most prominent item on the page - especially not if they're site-generated rather than user-generated. My banner accomplished the same thing but was much more personal. I don't care about ratings I've given, I care about the reviews attached to those ratings and the thumbs up/down attached to those reviews. I don't care about following/followers regardless of whether they're online or not - TV.com is not a place to actively chat, it's a place to post and check back later, at least in my experience. The "About" page seems a much better choice for the default. If someone cares enough to visit my page to begin with, they want to know more about me than what they've already seen on the site. I watch things online, not on TV, so listings are useless. If I want to know if there's a new episode, I check the show page because I don't watch that much new material to begin with. There's just thing after thing that isn't useful in this profile.

• well i understand why things have to change but you took away some of the things people love. and also things i really hadn't thought of apparently. i can tell by comments on here.

• my lists page is not saving in my pincode and area settings.. and its showing me re-runs as well.. how do I try to save it..? Its just getting refreshed back to its original form...

• Really, Those-in-Charge-of-Changes, we need the list of shows we edit back on the Overview page. Or are we supposed to keep track of that ourselves on a piece of scrap paper?

TOTAL SUBMISSIONS

by tv.com members

community helpers

these users are here to help