Forums: Gameshows: Do you think that Wheel of Fortune should be canceled?

LSUstinks11

[1]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    I think so,it's the most boring gameshow as of today,they rarely get the final puzzle right.The majority of the winners are women.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fangle

[2]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    It hasn't been on for years in England but can still be found on cable channel Challenge, as can loads of old quiz/competition shows.

jekyll

[3]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 86
    Regardless of the fact that they have to keep stretching to come up with phrases anymore, it's been the highest-rated syndicated program for near two decades; it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

dude6363

[4]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 60
    Is there something wrong with females winning cash and prizes? As Giself said, Wheel is still very popular and I believe it's been renewed into 2012-2013 season. The only way it will end is if Pat or Vanna want to quit, which is highly unlikely.

LSUstinks11

[5]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'm not sexist but I've seen more female contestants than male ciontestants.

gummiebear23

[6]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    The show does need to livin up some but there aer still a ton of people who watch this show so i don't think this show is going anywhere for awhile

DoctorShade

[7]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 28
    Wheel of Fortune is very boring, in my opinon I don't know why it continues to be VERY successful.

dude6363

[8]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 60

I agree a revamp of the series is in order and that's something since I find it hard to say goodbye to old formats. I'm not sure how, but they need to come up with something to get the under 80-year-old viewers, not a gimmick but a retooling while still respecting the original format. Hey Pat, pay me and i'll come up with something!

I'm actually editor for Pat and Vanna, you know?

gummiebear23 wrote:
    The show does need to livin up some but there aer still a ton of people who watch this show so i don't think this show is going anywhere for awhile

DoctorShade

[9]Mar 22, 2008
    Around me Jeopardy and Wheel always air right next to each, I like Jeopardy but not Wheel. Jeopardy is intresting because their is virtually unlimtied amount of things they can ask. If I were them I would cancle Wheel and then put Who Wants to be A Millionaire along with Jeopardy.

agent_0042

[10]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 66
    No, of course not. jekyll's absolutely right. They're not going to cancel a series that continues to draw such huge ratings. Obviously, Wheel is doing exactly what it need to be doing to continue appealing to those who watch it.

raygoshay

[11]May 14, 2008
    • level: 15

There are a few reasons why, despite the fact that I like the game, I have a hard time watching the show. To name just one: the incessant clapping. I've even seen people applaud after their spin landed on Bankrupt.

Should the show be cancelled? No. It is popular. Plus I guess if another successful show can consist entirely of people guessing prices (go to three stores and compare the cost of a simple can of beans), the premise of Wheel of Fortune isn't all that bad.

ACcountryFan

[12]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 1
    To echo what others have said, there is no way either game show will be canceled anytime soon. As one post indicated, both shows air back to back in a lot of places. Here Wheel airs at 7 followed by Jeopardy at 7:30. It's been that way for as long as i can remember. The show is too popular and a ratings powerhouse that affiliates and sponsors would be fools to not continue sponsoring the show. If a show is boring, then whoever may find it boring shouldn't watch it. I myself do not watch anything i don't want to. Some people watch TV shows they don't even like because there's nothing else on. I particulary did not like a lot of those overly dramatic game shows in the wake of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire with Regis Philbin...the hosts and contestants of those clone game shows being way too serious and that music that would play after every answer that was given i found as annoying as some find the applaus after every spin of the wheel on Wheel of Fortune annoying. It's a simple game show where people call out letters and whoever solves the puzzle whens whatever amount they've accumulated that round. The simple concept and the fact that it causes millions of TV viewers to tune in and try and solve the puzzle before the contestant does, is it's long standing appeal. TV shows don't have to challenge one's mind to merit their success. Jeopardy on the other hand i was never a real big watcher of. The material was too collegiate for me...i only did well if the category was "TV trivia", "cartoons from the 1970's", or "name that Mel Brooks film".

boarderchick624

[13]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    I happen to love WHEEL OF FORTUNE. I know two people that have been on the show, both male, but I do agree I have seen more female winners than male winners. I often get the puzzles correct within the first 3 - 4 letters guessed. I enjoy the show.

AndreaMSkate

[14]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 49
    LSUstinks11 wrote:
    I think so,it's the most boring gameshow as of today,they rarely get the final puzzle right.The majority of the winners are women.

What's wrong with women winning? I'd never want to see it cancelled, frankly. I don't watch it religiously, but if I ever happen to be flipping through the channels and see that it's on, I always watch it. I enjoy figuring out the puzzles before any of the contestants do. I also love playing the video game and dream of being a contestant one day myself..

xlovedust

[15]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 45
    No way. I actually love the show and it's better than other game shows that give contestants money based on their amount of luck.

AndreaMSkate

[16]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 49
    ^ Seriously. The day Wheel of Fortune is canceled will be a sad day indeed.

osdawaya16

[17]Sep 12, 2008
    I actually like Wheel, more or less. I don't think it should be canceled.

NYCz

[18]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    Yes, it's a spin of he wheel. Give me a break.

ZAPKVR

[19]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    It lasted less than two weeks in Australia in its latest incarnation. It was awful (although the host was great)

Antique22

[20]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 11

Why I think Wheel Of Fortune is a hit game show is because a lot of people love to solve puzzle and word games and if Wheel Of Fortune would be cancelled it would be a sad loss for the game show world. But if it wasn't for Pat Sajak or Vanna White Wheel Of Fortune would not have been a success since it's syndicated debut in 1983 and after all it made Vanna White the star of Home Shopping Network by selling Vanna White Fashion Dolls and other related items for Home Shopping Network. The only reasons I would think Wheel Of Fortune could be canceled is because:,

A. Pat Sajak Retires,

B. Vanna White gets replaced,

C. They bring in a new host,,

But all and all I think Wheel Of Fortune is fun and it's not going anywhere soon and I love to play Wheel Of Fortune each morning with my handheld version and it's loads of fun,

Tiki