Forums: Gameshows: Game Show Network (GSN)

Water78

[1]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 47

Just wondering what do u thinkof how the station shows off only certain shows. Then all of sudden they disapear for other game shows to appear. What is ur take on GSN

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DoctorShade

[2]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 28
    I like GSN, they show a lot of my favorite game shows. And also have some original ones that I like too.

They recently had "Grand Slam" which pitted all the major game show winners against each other for a shot at a 100,000 dollar grand prize. It was awesome, Ken Jennings was there,
    ***SPOILER***
    John Carpenter was there too

Dirk4MVP

[3]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 41
    I love Gameshow Network!!! I had it when we were on Dish Network, but I don't know if we have it now that we've switched to DirectTV.

DoctorShade

[4]Jan 5, 2008
    I get it on with Cablevision, I'm sure if Dish Network had it you can get it with DirectTV too.

dude6363

[5]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 60

GSN is sort of the channel I watch but don't tell anyone I watch it. It's sort of a time-waster and atime-killer. Countless hours of reruns of old gameshows isn't exactly my idea of a good time, but i'll watch it anyway. My favorite gameshows that GSN airs are Lingo, Match Game, Family Feud (sometimes, othertimes it's just annoying), Card Sharks and Press Your Luck. I'll also watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Password if nothing else is on television at all (rare). So all in all i'll watch if I don't want to think too hard.

DoctorShade

[6]Jan 6, 2008
    If you really wanted it to be a secret you wouldn't of posted it on a public forum such as this, lol.

The shows I watch on GSN are: Who Wants to be A Millionaire (favorite), Family Feud, Twenty-One, Press Your Luck (when there's nothing else on), Match Game (rarely)

GATZ1000

[7]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 39
    This and food network are two channels I can't help but to watch because they show a variety of one type of shows. The only thing I don't like about the GSN is the newer type of gameshows but other than that its a great way to either pass the time or just watch it day and night, if your really dedicated to it.

agent_0042

[8]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 66
    I currently have Dish Network. I am switching to DirecTV tomorrow. Yes, DirecTV carries GSN.

I like the way GSN is going lately. My favorite show on there is What's My Line? I'm also a huge Twenty One fan, and I've enjoyed some of their originals in the past. GSN is definitely a network I watch a fair amount.

bulane_X

[9]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 11
    I've been watching some pretty good poker on GSN lately.

bulane_X

[10]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Nice, World Poker Tour is on GSN this spring.

Dirk4MVP

[11]Jan 18, 2008
    dude6363 wrote:

GSN is sort of the channel I watch but don't tell anyone I watch it. It's sort of a time-waster and atime-killer. Countless hours of reruns of old gameshows isn't exactly my idea of a good time, but i'll watch it anyway. My favorite gameshows that GSN airs are Lingo, Match Game, Family Feud (sometimes, othertimes it's just annoying), Card Sharks and Press Your Luck. I'll also watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Password if nothing else is on television at all (rare). So all in all i'll watch if I don't want to think too hard.

Why is it so secretive? The only embarassing show to watch, I would imagine, on GSN, if you were a guy, would probably be Love Connection. But all the other games are awesome. Who doesn't love games? Why would it be such a secret?

Dirk4MVP

[12]Jan 18, 2008

agent_0042 wrote:
    I currently have Dish Network. I am switching to DirecTV tomorrow. Yes, DirecTV carries GSN. I like the way GSN is going lately. My favorite show on there is What's My Line? I'm also a huge Twenty One fan, and I've enjoyed some of their originals in the past. GSN is definitely a network I watch a fair amount.
    Thank you. (about telling me if DirectTV has GSN or not) I will go search for it, now.

*comes back to computer* Ah, Channel 309!

Edited on 01/18/2008 6:44pm

matape

[13]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 1
    Can anyone tell me where I can find copies of The Dating game from November 1969.

bblakenoel

[14]Apr 4, 2008
    I am trying to find some Password episodes (the CBS version) and was wondering if anyone might know of someone who may have a "library" of them and would possibly be willing to sell me some copies. They no longer air on GSN and I have had some trouble getting on the GSN website to post anything on any forum to make my request. The episodes I am looking for are from Oct. 24 - 28, 1969 and the celebrity guests are Barbara Eden and Peter Lawford. If you have any information you can message back here and / or at my e-mail address: bblakenoel@aol.com . Thank you for any help and / or information you can give me!

bblakenoel

[15]Apr 4, 2008
    I am trying to find some Password episodes (the CBS version) and was wondering if anyone might know of someone who may have a "library" of them and would possibly be willing to sell me some copies. They no longer air on GSN and I have had some trouble getting on the GSN website to post anything on any forum to make my request. The episodes I am looking for are from Oct. 24 - 28, 1969 and the celebrity guests are Barbara Eden and Peter Lawford. If you have any information you can message back here and / or at my e-mail address: bblakenoel@aol.com . Thank you for any help and / or information you can give me!

bblakenoel

[16]Apr 4, 2008
    The dates I MEANT to put in my last post regarding the Barbara Eden / Peter Lawford episodes of Password were Oct. 24 - 28, 1966 - NOT 1969!!!!

TJSlipperman

[17]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 5

GSN has some good game show reruns (I especially enjoy the old episodes of Match Game)...

But I miss the late-night show they had 'PlayMania' when Mel Peachey was hosting...the 'GSN Live' thing they currently have going is dull and boring in comparison. We miss you Mel!!

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

woundedwindow

[18]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    What's My Line? is my favorite Show of all time. and I love anything with Bill Cullen or Steve Allen. I love the Match Game too.

Mlemlo

[19]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 6

I love watching the old school games shows.

Kinda wish they'd air those during prime time as well since I really don't care for newer ones.

WizardDuck

[20]May 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    I like watching GSN from time to time. However, due to Internet evidence, I find that the era when the name wasn't abbreviated was better. They didn't air blackjack crap. They didn't cut off the end credits of the shows. They didn't constantly air WWTBAM.