Forums: General TV Discussion: For the mature generation - What would you like to see on TV?

Leelylily

[1]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Hello

My name is Leanne and I'm a student who has been given a project where i have to create television advertisements for a new channel that is aimed at people who are 50 and over.

If you wouldn't mind answering some questions, Wether you are in that age band or know someone who is, I would really appreciate it.

Firstly, What Tv shows would you like to see on this channel? A few I came up with was shows like dispatches, coach trip and deal or no deal.

Secondly what would you like to see on this advertisement?

For example would you want it to be funny, lively, calm, stereotypical?

Thanks for reading, Hope to read your replies soon.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skippercollecto

[2]Feb 17, 2013
    • level: 15

Are you asking what reruns this channel should air?

For the record, in the past five years I have watched the following reruns on cable or on DVD sets:

Anne of Green Gables, the animated series

Bewitched

Bonanza

The Brady Bunch

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Dark Shadows

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Early Edition

Everwood

Family Affair

The Flintstones

Here Come the Brides

I Dream of Jeannie

Lost in Space

My Three Sons

The Partridge Family

Petticoat Junction

Simon & Simon

The Waltons

I am also addicted to the contemporary Canadian drama Heartland, which I watch on cable here in the US.

As you can see, I like to watch shows about large, pleasant families (okay, so Dark Shadows doesn't fit, but the family is certainly large!). Unfortunately, that today translates to "sappy" and "unrealistic."

I would also like to see a channel that shows reruns the way they used to be aired in syndication in the 1960s and 1970s. One episode every weeknight during primetime (6 p.m. to 12 a.m., give or take a few hours). In order, including episodes that have odd time lengths (such as the pilot of Everwood). None of this marathon airings of certain episodes on holidays (like Syfy does with The Twilight Zone), since holidays are quite often the days I'm not even home, with the rest of the time the channel airing obscure reality programs with unlikable people and often repeating them.

Oh, and showing closing credits and not editing episodes to make room for more commercials.

P.S. I am a 52-year-old white female.

Edited on 02/17/2013 10:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

fearlharbor

[3]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 1
    I won't elaborate but all I wanted is informational and educational program just like the Discovery Channel.