pixiesusan

[1]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 1

As an avid aviation fan, I just discovered this show, which is now in it's 4th season. I've done everything I can think of to try and find the back episodes of it. If I lived in Canada I could just watch them on the History Channel website but sadly they block them from the USA. They are also only available for purchase on iTunes in every country but the USA!

There are only a few episodes on YouTube and they are not on Netflix or Hulu+. I have Comcast onDemand too but I can't get them there either. Does anyone have any idea where or how I can view them, I really want to catch up with the show. I did see on Amazon I can buy season 1 and 2 on DVD but they dont' even offer season 3.

Any ideas?

thanks, Susan

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 71
    I don't think season 3 is available on DVD as of yet. Season 4 is ending in the next week or two..good one and very touching for one episode.

I would suggest you also seek out the History Canada special "Dambusters" they filmed a few years ago where Buffalo Air pilots re-enact a WW II bombing mission that involved a major dam (and they recreate the dam for the reenactment).

The show has been agressively marketed here in Canada and around the world so I would imagine it'll show up eventually in the US.

pixiesusan

[3]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 1

actually I spoke to some guys at Buffalo and because History, Nat Geo or Weather Channel didn't pick up Ice Pilots in the US we can't get it. The Buffalo guys told me the show is really popular in the USA too so they have no idea why no one picked it up.

Huge bummer for me.