Forums: General TV Discussion: Movies VS TV Shows......

KingAdms

[1]Sep 3, 2012
    • level: 1

Hi all... I'm recently joined this forum and little bit confused about the drama shows and Movies.According to me These are different from each other because both have own equality.Tv shows are showing the reality about our life and movies are amazing thing which make entertaining throw the actions,views,graphics and many more.. Share with me your response... ______________________________

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steveharper

[2]Sep 3, 2012

yes i'm also like to spend my time for entertainment like T.v. shows and movies but if i have to compare these two then i prefer T.v. Shows because T.v. Shows have more entertainment and suspense as compare to opposite one. T.v. Shows are the great source for providing the reality of our society.

cbbrown

[3]Sep 4, 2012

I think both are good at their places but movies are shot in time but left itsimpression and t.v shows having long series which make us bore some time, so i like movies more then that of t.v shows.

Archee

[4]Sep 12, 2012

I feel Movies are better than TV shows. TV shows lead for a long time, so I think an interest to watching them has been decreases,But movies are always in demanding and don't lose an interest of fans.

johny2

[5]Sep 12, 2012

According to me both are better because i Watch Both comedy Movies & TV shows. TV shows are good because if you have small time to Entertain yourself then TV shows are best.

benhilfenhus

[6]Sep 13, 2012
    I like to watch the movies and TV show in my leisure time. Movies and TV show is the best source of Entertainment. I like to watch the Hollywood Movies and Breaking Bad is my favorite TV show. I've really enjoy to watch the movies and TV show.

SamanthaWalker

[7]Sep 14, 2012
    • level: 2
    I would have to say I love movies better than TV shows. I could spend so much time looking for really exciting movies and it would get my full attention compared to watching TV series. Because most TV series are long-running, it would sometimes get boring at the mid-season of the show. Of course, I'm not talking generally.

bearfax

[8]Sep 28, 2012

Well you know it all depends on the show doesnt it. Some movies are vastly better than any TV show. But then many TV shows are superior to some of the 'average' movie dross that is produced and served with up sump oil. And then it depends on your particular interest. 'Tis a contentious issue this one. I'm a nostalgic...no no that isnt a new ethnic group...just like old films. For me The Big Sleep, Casablanca, Key Largo etc are vastly superior to any TV show. But then I also love Star Trek (especially the original version) and The Invaders. I'm just a movie/TV series tart I guess.

JohnAndersan

[9]Oct 3, 2012
    hello every one

I like a movies..

Zwingli4

[10]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 16

It seems to me the quality of movies has declined over time. I don't think "Cassablanca" would be made today--unless they made the Rick character a comic book superhero wearing tights. Yea, the empty suits that run the studios these days would definitely make Humphrey Bogart wear tights. The quality of TV shows, however, has gotten somewhat better over time, especially shows on cable. The quality of shows like "Lonesome Dove" and "Mad Men" hold up to any current movie. Of course TV has the advantage of having more time to develop its characters.

jimmycarry

[11]Oct 5, 2012

I think its quite nice topic to talk on.Becausei think everyone loves watching both tv shows and movies. and choosing between it is really a nice debate. So Guy's I'm really glad to talk here. As mine point of view i think movies are best than tv shows as the entertainment source. So Guy's I mostly prefer to watch movies rather than tv shows.

Marburg66

[13]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 6

There's not much of a difference between the two these days like there always used to be. With cable channels offering alot of R-rated, uncensored goodness & Moviestars regularly making the move back and forth between the two more & more each year, it really just comes down to preference. Mine is TV because when I find a story I like, I get alot more hours of it to like.

& when a movie sucks, you gotta either deal with it and write it off or wait for years hoping that it spawns a redeeming sequel.

When a show has a bad episode, the redemption wait time is significantly lower.

lillinda

[14]Oct 24, 2012

As for many, my decision is always made by time. I love to watch movies after work but I wouldn't find time for other acitivities, if I always watched movies.. which annoys my family . so during the week it's mainly TV shows I watch. and weekends are made for movies.

CasualAdventure

[15]Mar 5, 2013
    • level: 4

Movies usually have a large budget to tell a short story; TV shows usually have a smaller budget to tell a longer story, or multiple stories about the same characters. It's a huge difference.

Generally speaking, I prefer movies as they have a beginning, middle and end and high production value. But the right TV show (take Fringe, for example) can be so compelling as to keep me coming back each week.

I'd really like TV to adopt a shorter-story motif. Last year the TV show The River, I thought, was a great story, well told over 13 episodes. I don't know if the creators had planned on doing more, but I do not see how they could have continued. The quest was completed. I would love TV shows that are only intended to be 12 or 13 episodes long. If networks could write a good story with compelling characters that was intended to be a one-season run I think they might stop losing viewers to the cable channels.

What I hate is the cancelling of shows before they have an opportunity to tell their story. Zero hour is only the latest example. Either the network needs to be committed to airing all the episodes (even if they switch the time to late night) or they need to make the season available on DVD or some digital download. But the current method of leaving the viewers in the dark, or airing the remaining episodes months later during the summer when little else is on, doesn't work for me.

You think movies would last if they pulled that kind of crap? What if you went to the theater and the movie you went to see was only the first 20 minutes because the studio cancelled production. Theater-goers would stop trusting the studios and stop watching movies altogether. I think TV viewers are feeling the same way. They don't watch new shows because they fear it will be cancelled. They would rather wait to see if it makes it then catch up on the first season on Netflix if it does survive. Which means the current method for viewer ratings may not be providing valid information. Neilson and the networks need to make some changes.