Forums: General TV Discussion: Saddest Television Episode

triaminic

[122]Aug 25, 2011
    • level: 2

I love this question! I want to re-watch everything everyone has listed! My votes go to:

ER- Love's Labor Lost. The one where Mark botches a ceasarian and the woman dies. Oh. My. God.

NYPD Blue- A Death in the Family. When Andy Jr dies. Ack.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JessicaMonro

[123]Sep 6, 2011
    • level: 1

Gosh, I don't know the episode number, but the ER episode when Dr. Mark Greene died sticks out as memorable to me. No matter how many times I'd seen it before (I watched repeats for years on TNT), that one always made me cry.

becksdakex

[124]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 7

I cried so many times watching ER but the most memorable are: Dr. Greene dies, Lucy dies after she and Carter gets stabbed, The mother who dies in Love's labor lost, when Carol is reunited with Dr.Ross.

Buffy: When her mother dies, when Dawn finds out that she isn't real, when Buffy sacrifices herself to save Dawn, when Tara dies, when Xander brings the "good" Willow back, in the finale.

Alias: Whenever Jennifer Garner cries. In the pilot when she finds her fiancee dead in the tub.

Supernatural: Swan song, the fight scene in the end with all the flashbacks. When Jo is going to die and she says goodbye to everyone and Ellen decides to stay with her and they both die in the bomb.

Lost: When Boone die, when Shannon dies, when Charlie dies, when Libby dies, when Juliet dies, when Claire gives birth, the finale.

Baywatch: When Stephanie Holden dies on the ship in the arms of the Hoff. (I was like 12 then and it was really really sad)

Mad Men: When Don Draper cries after Annas death.

The Office: When Michael leaves.

True Blood: When Sookies granny dies.

This is all I can think of right now....It's so much more...

Edited on 09/09/2011 9:50am

KixMcGiggles

[127]Sep 14, 2011

The saddest moment in TV history was Heroes Season 2 to Finale: worst writing ever... Sorry, trying to lighten the mood. As an avid Angel watcher, I agree that "A Hole in the World" was indeed a very sad episode and not sad as in poor. Ah nostalgia... Does anyone know which channel on dish tv that reruns of Angel would be aired?

Jo_TvBuFf

[128]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 6

The Body - BtVS

Heroes (2) - Stargate SG-1

lrigD

[129]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 8
    Alright, well...

Various episodes of M*A*S*H. That show just had a wonderful way of making you laugh and cry in one episode. A few that I remember:
    * One time when BJ receives a letter from home and breaks down because he misses his wife and daughter so much. He drinks too much (together with Klinger) and ends up in Colonel Potter's office and then Hawkeye comes in and sits with him. They had a really special friendship, those two.
    * Abyssinia, Henry - mentioned here before. When Radar comes in and announces that Henry's plane got shot down... and then you see Radar just having a really hard time saying those words.
    * Goodbye, Radar part 1 and 2 - just very sad because he was really too young and naive (in a good way) to grow up in a war... perfectly symbolised when he leaves his teddy bear on Hawkeye's cot.
    * Goodbye, Farewell and Amen - yeah, I know it's a good thing they're going home, but it just makes me think about all the people who've lost their lives in a war and how it affects so many people... Family members, soldiers, doctors, nurses, whole societies... how different would our world look today if WW2 hadn't happened?

Other shows:
    * NCIS, SWAK - where Tony catches pneumonic (I believe) plague and Kate keeping him company even when they find out she isn't infected.
    * The French Prince of Bel-Air, Daddy's got a brand new excuse - you always (mostly, anyway) see Will as a big goofball, but in this episode you just see how his father's absence affects him, and then Uncle Phil, for all Will's 'bashing', is more like a father to him than his own biological father. That's just sad.
    * Friends, the final episodes - not so much because it was an episode with such sad things happening, just because you know it's the last one...
    * Criminal Minds, Profiler, Profiled - because it's terrible to see a man as strong as Morgan break down. Various other episodes of Criminal Minds too, by the way. They show (as other crime shows, of course) what humanity is capable of...

I just watched Band of Brothers, episode 9, after reading about it here, and I agree that it is a really, really sad episode. The fact that it's really happened makes it even more poignant.

mlauzon

[130]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 8
    The death of Roy Fokker in Macross.

SweetMissJaye

[131]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 21

becksdakex wrote:

Baywatch: When Stephanie Holden dies on the ship in the arms of the Hoff. (I was like 12 then and it was really really sad)

Oh my god, I'd totally forgotten about that episode of Baywatch. So sad! Stephanie's funeral!

pudgebyrd722

[132]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 51
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the episode of Full House when Jesse leaves the household to move in with Becky, and Michelle says, "Goodbye Uncle Jesse...", that was so sad. (even though he was only moving a few minutes away!)

Danah

[133]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 3

i've recently re-watched "robin hood" and from the first time i watched it i didn't think that i would cry as much as i did in the last episode. to my surprise, i even cried the second time i saw it!!

lroche101

[135]Feb 17, 2012

Danah wrote:

i've recently re-watched "robin hood" and from the first time i watched it i didn't think that i would cry as much as i did in the last episode. to my surprise, i even cried the second time i saw it!!

Oh my god, I know! i had to keep a box of issue in front of me.

eruult_14

[136]Feb 20, 2012

I'm surprised that only 3 person have mentioned Six feet under so far, I think there's so many great sad moments in the show.

During the show I tried to hold on to my tears so many times, but in the end of the finale I just let my tears bursted out like fountain(but manly way).

from other shows:

Monk - Monk and the baby episode was so sad, when he realized that he couldn't take care of the baby....

Lost - finale was great sad moment(no need to spoiled the end for others who haven't seen it yet)

Dexter - end of the season 4 was so sad,(I don't wanna spoil anything for others, so for those who have seen it, know what I'm talking about)

RonSKii006

[137]Apr 10, 2012
    bro I am so with you on the Futurama episode

galaxy710

[138]Apr 11, 2012

I like this forum, he solved my many problems, thank you

akingy90

[139]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 2

One Tree Hill - 3x13 The Wind That Blew My Heart Away (Peyton's last few scenes with Ellie)

New Tricks - 8x04 Setting Out Your Stall (the suicide note from a mother to her daughter)

Midsomer Murders - 4x02 Destroying Angel (it may seem strange, but the murderer's death brought a lump to my throat)

As The World Turns - Reid Oliver dies

I cried happy tears at:

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Series finale (Jordan gives her baby Danny's surname)

EastEnders - Tanya's cancer has gone

Waterloo Road - 6x10 (Bex Fisher returns)

storres27

[140]May 1, 2012
    DungeonDragon18 wrote:
    Supernatural's second season finale,"All Hell Breaks Loose". Sam dies, and Dean has to make the decision of whether or not to let his beloved little brother stay dead, or sell his soul to a demon in order to get it to resurrect Sam. I was bawling like a baby throughout the entire episode.

Indeed. Bromance!

JDH73

[141]May 29, 2012

Had to think long & hard about this... theres been a few, but the ones that are sticking out the most for me

- Dawsons Creek (series finale when Jen dies)

- How I Met Your Mother (Marshall's dad dies)

- 21 Jump Street (when Penhall goes to El Salvador to find his wife & learns she was killed)

- Supernatural (season 2 finale - Dean watches Sam sacrfice himself)

& I have to agree with the OP Futurama when Fry finds his dog.... easily the saddest cartoon moment ever.