TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: General TV Discussion: TV Show Segment Ideas

redsoxwsc07

[1]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 1

I am the producer of a local morning show (Similar to Regis and Kelly) which is a comedy and also informative show. We try to stick to the comedy routine more often. The show currently has some great segments, but I want to get other people involved (This is being done at a high school, so everything is student created). Does anyone have any segment ideas that we could throw out there and hopefully have others jump on the idea? Right now we havea somewhat funny how-to segment, a question and answer pirate, a write in segment, and occasionally a skit.

What I'm looking for is possibly more skits, but really some idea that could be ongoing and done weekly within school limits. Anyone have any ideas? All input is appreciated!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 17
    Are you saying this is broadcast the the entire community, or is the audience just within the school? If outside, what is the size of the audience? Are you a member of the school faculty?

redsoxwsc07

[3]Dec 25, 2007
    I am a student, but free to do whatever I want as the producer. This is broadcast to the school as well as the community (and can be viewed worldwide on the internet live). Our audience is small right now, as the show is new, but we are trying to expand (A city of about 100,000 give or take and two schools of 2500). It's probably aimed toward the students, but there are adults that find the show entertaining as well.

EJamison

[4]Dec 25, 2007
    I'd try to find something to spoof about the news coverage the night of the Iowa caucases and include nonsensical predictions on what that means for New Hampshire primary.

redsoxwsc07

[5]Dec 25, 2007
    That could be funny, making fun of politics...of course we would have to be careful with politics (Schools apparently don't believe in free speech and politics and that stuff) but I think it would be pretty funny to do something like that...

EJamison

[6]Dec 25, 2007
    ^^ The point would be to make fun of the broadcasters and polls. So the writers would have to watch the coverage and find things to exaggerate.

redsoxwsc07

[7]Dec 27, 2007
    The only other problem would be how many students follow politics enough to understand the jokes...I'm sure I'd be surprised by that answer though.

bouges13

[8]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 19

redsoxwsc07 wrote:
    The only other problem would be how many students follow politics enough to understand the jokes...I'm sure I'd be surprised by that answer though.

That idea can also be used for entertainment like mis-informed movie reviews, or use two people with wildly different outlooks debate or review anything: music, sports, books or anything else... And another idea would be skits on someone who has too much school spirit...

Edited on 12/27/2007 6:32pm

redsoxwsc07

[9]Jan 1, 2008
    We actually have misinformed movie reviews actually (along with other funny stuff) as we have a pirate hosting that segment...which is actually one of our most popular segments.

EJamison

[10]Jan 1, 2008
    redsoxwsc07 wrote:
    We actually have misinformed movie reviews actually (along with other funny stuff) as we have a pirate hosting that segment...which is actually one of our most popular segments.
    You blog about the details on your profile page.