Forums: General TV Discussion: Tv shows like Friends?

laveeyeree

[1]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 1

Suggestions for TV shows like Friends?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 17

There was a British show, "Coupling". There was a US version but it didn't last long.

You could try "The Big Bang Theory". It's about 5 friends, but it's not quite the same. Still, it's a good show.

Edited on 03/11/2010 11:05am

SankaCafe

[3]Mar 11, 2010

It seems hard to build a large ensemble sitcom with a generic non-niche setting/story like Friends had. Other ensemble sitcoms seem to be filling well-defined holes like Big Bang Theory=nerdy, Office=work place, etc.

Rubber_Face

[4]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 14

- Boy Meets World: College Years-(Season 6 and Season 7)

- Saved by the Bell: College Years

- The Big Bang Theory

- Sanford

- Mad About You

- Frasier

- Will & Grace

I think this is about it, i can think ofother sitcoms similar to Friends having related friends circle into them and also having apartment buildings into them as well.

Do you want me list the sitcoms have families live on land into Houses not apartments buildings are related to Friends?

Here're afew meant fix right in here:

- Full House

- The King ofQueens

- The Three Stooges

Edited on 03/12/2010 12:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

One_winged_ange

[5]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 2

How i met your Mother is a great sitcom that reminds me of Friends. I also recommend Seinfeld, because it's a hilarious sitcom about a group of friends. It's a lot different though, and Friends is still the best

jmaloney79

[6]Apr 18, 2010

I guess that depends on what you liked about Friends. If you're looking for generic comedy, there's a lot of that out there, although most of it not written as well as Friends, in my opinion. Big Bang Theory is written well, as is Community. I can't watch many of today's comedies though, due to their idiotic characters. Why do they feel the need to make everyone look like morons? I miss the smart and honest character portrayals that they had on Friends. It was funny but still believable. In fact, it was funny because it was believable. We were laughing at them, we were laughing with them.

Anyway, one thing I really liked about Friends was it's theme of "hey we're 20-something and we don't know what the h-ll we're doing". I've seen that theme show up in several shows recently, such as Chuck, Grey's Anatomy, Being Erica. These aren't comedies, but the theme is still there, which is what intrigues me. There was an internet show awhile back, Quarterlife, tried to tackle this theme but was really poorly done.

I would love to find a new Friends-like show for this decade; that would be so amazing! Meanwhile, I'll just keep watching Friends re-runs.

jmaloney79

[7]Apr 18, 2010

I guess that depends on what you liked about Friends. If you're looking for generic comedy, there's a lot of that out there, although most of it not written as well as Friends, in my opinion. Big Bang Theory is written well, as is Community. I can't watch many of today's comedies though, due to their idiotic characters. Why do they feel the need to make everyone look like morons? I miss the smart and honest character portrayals that they had on Friends. It was funny but still believable. In fact, it was funny because it was believable. We weren't laughing at them, we were laughing with them.

Anyway, one thing I really liked about Friends was it's theme of "hey we're 20-something and we don't know what the h-ll we're doing". I've seen that theme show up in several shows recently, such as Chuck, Grey's Anatomy, Being Erica. These aren't comedies, but the theme is still there, which is what intrigues me. There was an internet show awhile back, Quarterlife, tried to tackle this theme but was really poorly done.

I would love to find a new Friends-like show for this decade; that would be so amazing! Meanwhile, I'll just keep watching Friends re-runs.

Rubber_Face

[8]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 14

I will repast here,

Friends, first 3 Seasons were about Rachel & Ross and then they broke-up soon after that reminding Seasons.

And Now, it's appears The Big Bang Theory is following Friends with Leonard & Penny into the same shose as Rachel & Ross from Friends and they show their based story also in the first 3 Seasons. It is yet known Leonard & Penny is broken-up! They may have a problem now with each other. But, They probably will fix things up with each other by Season 3 Finale. They better not break Leonard & Penny up, just because the idea give Sheldon a love mate himself. That what exactly happen with Friends. They broke-up Rachel & Ross after 3 Seasons and put Chandler & Monica together. break away from the first 3 Seasons, they had telling Rachel & Ross together. So, let me guess here! Season 4 of The Big Bang Theory will break away from Leonard & Penny story together after first 3 Seasons, they were together. Just slow down Sheldon by giving him his own girlfriend. He have to learn deal with having love mate and being like one of the guys. Wow! I see the picture here, they break-up Leonard & Penny. Just to start bring Sheldon interest into women. Or maybe there is a deep secret with Penny herself. She actually have feelings for Sheldon and dating Leonard at same time. That 's one of the reasons, she can't say I Love You to Leonard! Downline Penny have to think which guy be with, Leonard or Sheldon. That will be kinda like, what went on in Friends with Rachel choosing a guy be with, Joey or Ross. Well, it was actually taking out of her hands by Ross being the choosen one, and not Joey.

omaritoto

[9]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 18
    "Will & Grace".

billgoldberg1

[10]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 3
    "How I Met Your Mother", hands down.

TelevisionBun

[11]Jul 5, 2010

Check out this link, they have some ep. of friends! http://www.tvbunny.com/series/friendss1.html Hope this helps! Or you can check out Seinfelds at this link: http://www.tvbunny.com/series/s.html?st=1&init=S

Edited on 07/05/2010 5:37pm

MiLo-Raven

[12]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 26
    no tv series can compare to friends. however you can try:
    - Will & Grace
    - Miranda (UK)
    The big bang theory is miles away from friends. it won't even make you smile :/

chattenray

[13]Jul 17, 2010

The Big Bang Theory stays at the top of the list when it comes to "About friends/friendship" story. Its simply a superb show that i watch without missing even a single show.

http://us-tvshows.com