Forums: General TV Discussion: What are the greatest TV Theme Songs of all time?

alltimetopten

[1]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 1

We here at the All Time Top Ten Podcast have our opinions. Check it out here:

http://alltimetopten.podomatic.com/entry/2012-11-16T12_47_35-08_00

What do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zwingli4

[2]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 16

Hawaii 5-O theme song, Bonanza theme, "I'll be There for You"--Friends, "Who Can Turn the World on With a Smile"--The Mary Tyler Moore Show, "Secret Agent Man." My top five, but there are other good ones: Maverick theme, "Paladin"--Have Gun Will Travel, Happy Days Theme, Laverne and Shirley theme, The Andy Griffith Show theme, The Twilight Zone theme, Lexx theme, Mission Impossible theme, The Rifleman theme, "Love it Seeks, Love it Finds" from Angie.

skippercollecto

[3]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 15

Well, there are the obvious ones: Bonanza, Mission Impossible, Hawaii Five-O, the second Lost in Space theme, Dallas, St. Elsewhere.

And there are the fun ones: The Flintstones, The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, The Addams Family, Kotter.

And there are some lesser-known ones that I adore: Everwood, the original Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek: Enterprise, Kung Fu, SeaQuest, The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

Edited on 12/06/2012 4:08pm

Leenol

[4]Dec 7, 2012

I think the Friends theme song, 'Ill be there for you', is definitely up there as one of, if not the best theme tune of all time because its so iconic. These days if that songs on then the majority will think of Friends before The Rembrandts (they're the ones who sung the song for those who are too busy remembering all of their favourite chandler quotes).

Hawaii Five-0 I also agree is one of them cause its upbeat and just a bit of fun.

Finally maybe not the greatest of all time but certainly one of my favourites, is the True Blood theme 'Bad Things' by Jace Everett. The song completely suits the show and gets you in the mood for all the blood, sex and violence you're about to see. Does for me anyway..

greenflag

[5]Dec 15, 2012

There are several good ones but the best, without doubt, is the main title song from Californication. The worst or rather the most annoying is the Big Bang Theory one.

modernfamily120

[6]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 20

"I'll Be There For You" is an amazing song!!! I love the song, and the show. I actually have the fullsong on my mp3 player because i love it so much!

Legend002

[7]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 7

Too many to narrow down!

premankurs

[8]Jan 9, 2013

Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down by Robert Plant. This is the song from Boss...the show with kelsey grammar.

matthewgiven3

[9]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 4

Well there is The Rockford files,Cheers,MST3k,Doctor Who,Star Trek:TNG,Star Trek,and the list goes on and on. I can't narrow it down tom just ten.

harrygrant11

[10]Jan 15, 2013

I still love the Casper theme song, "Rmember me this way"

aurel_graf

[11]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 3
    Parenthood!

cagauci

[12]Jan 25, 2013

Ok i have been waiting for someone to ask me this.... here is what you've been waiting for....

1) True Blood - ("Bad Things" by Jace Everett) - the show might not be for everyone but the theme song is without doubt, the most bad ass song ever put on a tv show.

2) Treme - ("Treme Song" - John Boutte) - This show has amazing music scattered throughout it. New Orleans Jazz and Blues to the extreme and the theme song is the best song out of all of them. Makes you want to danceright up there withthat second line!

2) Dexter - ("blood theme") - i find myself humming this song at random parts of the day...must be my dark passenger coming out.

3) Parenthood - ("Forever Young" by Bob Dylan) - perfect fitting song for this show. Cant lose with Bob Dylan.

4) Boardwalk Empire - ("Straight up and down") i love the guitar in this song. Don't know whoplays it but its awesome.

5) The Wire - ("Devil in the hole") each season has a new version of this song. the best, in my opinion is the first season, but each is super cool.

6) Rescue Me - ("C'mon C'mon" - The Von Bondies) - I wouldn't like the song too much if i heard it on the radio but somehow since its played before Rescue Me is on, makes it cool. its catchy!

7) Shameless - ("The Luck You Got" - The High Strung) - Catchy, fun and rockin. and the theme video is funny and goes with the song perfectly.

Trailor Park Boys - I love this song so much because when i think of it, it reminds me of how funny trailor park boys is. the song makes me smile

9) Deadwood - Its an old western type song with awesome photography of what the show is all about. very very cool...

10) Breaking Bad - Its not so much a song as a deeply disturbing sound and when you hear it, you think, "god breaking bad is the SHIZZ!"

Thats my list off the top of my head.

cool huh?

anIterImpius

[13]Jan 31, 2013
    • level: 2
    Well, I love everything about Six feet under and definitely the theme song was a highlight. My other favorite is Dexter's. It was my alarm sound for more than a year.