Forums: General TV Discussion: What do you prefer: watching TV shows on TV or on DVDs?

ncallahan

[101]May 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    Watching a whole season on DVD because you get a real sense of continuity.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[102]May 20, 2009
    • level: 23
    I like watching them on DVD because of the quality.

LostFan05

[103]May 20, 2009
    • level: 5

In my opinion DVD is the best way to watch a tv show, but there is a drawback. If the series has ended, you need to be careful viewing forums such as this. Plotlines and secrets will unintentionally, be revealed to you. That happened to me with Alias and 24. It was still enjoyable, but not to the degree it could have been.

matthewbaduria

[104]Oct 2, 2009
    i love tv on dvd. with those interviews & many extras it was cool.

ratoman

[105]Oct 3, 2009

Rather wacth on DVD

www.hi-defcom.com

KingofIPirates

[106]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 32
    DVDs.. you have more options as you can revisit a particular scene that you liked or didn't particularly understand and then there's the deleted scenes and other extra's.

beckihj

[107]Oct 21, 2009
    DVD no contest no adverts and no waiting a week for the next episode (great for the impatient among us!)

baskok

[108]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 9

I've watched a TV show called Sliders on DVD. Four episodes at a time. But i wish i had waited a Little bit longer. When you we're younger you just waited an entire week for the next episode. It made it more special. You have to decide for yourself. DVD's give you more freedom to watch whenever you wan't.

Although quality wise DVD's are better. Still using VCR over-here! There is nothing wrong with digital enhancement as long as it does'nt ruin the viewing experience.

This_Years_Love

[109]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 11
    I prefer watching/downloading new tv shows on the internet. I live in Ireland and we are usually a season behind the US. Often I've had entire season plotlines spoiled because of accidently seeing spoilers on the internet so I've resorted to downloading episodes right after they air in the US. I do prefer watching older tv shows that have been cancelled on DVD. I rarely watch re-runs. I like watching them on DVD as I can watch them at my own pace and if there is a two part episode I don't have to wait a week to see the second part.

Raein0

[110]Oct 31, 2009
    I prefer watching them on TV, as I don't have to get up and go to the store, I'm just that lazy.

Kalara

[111]Nov 13, 2009

I definitely prefer watching on DVD. First of all, you can watch whenever you wish, pause when you wish, and rewind or fast forward depending on how you are enjoying it. I also love the fact that there are no commercials. You see the program in its entirety, without constant, irritating interruptions. You can watch it again and again if you like, bookmark the parts you love, and skip the parts that bore you. Finally, there are often commentaries, "making of" documentaries, and interviews as extras on the DVDs. All in all, it makes a far better viewing experience, and is well worth the cost of the DVD.

colorito700

[112]Jul 25, 2010
    • level: 4

DVDs. Because i can watch whenever i want and with no commercials.

jrsgalaxy

[113]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 14

DVD all the way. No having to wait 4 to 5 minutes during commercials every 5 to 8 minutes. No annoying texts and pictures on the bottom left and right of the screen littered with advertisements. Whats next picture in picture advertisements that way commercials run the entire hour!! And you get to hear end credit songs and are able to read what it says. Crystal clear picture with no skipping , blacked out screen missing dialogue. The only thing I pretty much watch on tv is reality shows. Interesting ones that are about businesses like American Chopper , American Pickers and documentaries or re-runs of shows that randomly come on. But if I'm a fan you bet I'm gonna get it on DVD!!

simonharry0

[114]Jul 29, 2010

i would like to watch shows on Dvd is best .. because the video and audio Quality is good and In Dvd no adds and no any commercials. and more time saving with Dvd's but in T.v have to wait for every Episode and breaks, overall watching shows on Dvd Is best because we can get great quality on watching shows ....

BrandonSerra

[115]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 2

On DVD because of continuity. I've watched Supernatural season 1 to 5 for a week i think.. really love it.

_____

Google

Edited on 08/02/2010 3:27am

Genzie

[116]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 12
    When I was 16 I started watching series on television. But since Holland networks didnt broadcast the last season of Charmed I decided to buy it on dvd. Since then I found out that watching shows on television on dvd is alot more fun. You can watch whenever you want ; and how often you want, with alot of extra's and its nice for the eye if you put the dvd's on nice places in your room. Since then I gathered around ALOT of Tv shows on dvd. Complete collections , for example I got all seasons of : McLeods Daugthers, Gilmore Girls, Charmed, OC, Roswell, Sex and the City, E.R., Dawsons Creek and much more.

And now I just dont watch TV anymore. I buy the dvd's of the series I follow when they can be bought in stores. Like Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Smallville, etc,etc.

annabie

[117]Aug 9, 2010

I prefer watching the DVDs, since I can watch whenever I want. It's much more convenient.

----------------

Website development: http://softwareoutsourcing.biz/services/website-design-development.html

purpleinsect

[118]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 3
    On dvd. I hardly watch anything from tv. It's so much easier with dvds. Can watch when I want, what I want

ladie_d

[119]Aug 14, 2010
    dvds are better because where i live, most dvd comes out right after the episodes aired. but i'd like to wait 'till the show is over until i buy the whole season.

Ofuda

[120]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 9

I watch the show on TV but tend to miss episodes and some continuity. Specific and important events seems to run by me. So in short, I prefer dvd's and have many of them.