Forums: General TV Discussion: What is the name of this 80's TV show

Rememberthe80s

[1]Sep 23, 2012
    • level: 1
    Hi their.

I'm trying to remember a old TV show back in the early 80's I believe. Need your help naming it please.

It was about a young guy almost like Highwayman but was not. He was clean shaven mostly, sometimes rash and rushed into things and he would go out and fight crime with the help of his friend. Sometimes they would go together or a lot of times on their own. Then they would switch it up and one would stay behind on their moving home base.

Their main home base was a moving transport truck. They also touched base with their boss like Knight Rider who was in the transport truck gave the young guys advice on the mission etc. Had similar elements like Airwolf and Blue Thunder as well but where Not.

The Transport truck would sometimes open up for a helicopter to fly out of. When it returned, specifically the blades would fold up I'm sure the helicopter was black and sleek looking.
    Think mostly fast passed for this show.

I think it was about into the first season of the 3rd or 5th episode while using other vehicles they had, then introduced a hot red sports car almost like viper car but wasn't. So now into the series it was a red sports car like viper but not. A transport truck for their home base and to conduct repairs and rest from the mission or evade for a little bit and go out again. Also getting vital info for the next mission if needed or radio to check in. If things got to rough they brought out the helicopter too.

It would then be the red sports car with a young man with a gun out the window or on the car as well and his other buddy friend with the helicopter together fighting crime. It was Not Hardcastle and Mccormick either.

It had I think one to two seasons maybe 3. I watch this when I was a kid and thought it was a neat show.

If you can help me out with the name of this would be helpful. Or could tell me where I can do a search for it for 80's TV shows.

My next best option if I can't find the name with your help is to email the TV networks. Could have bin Global TV, CBS or NBC. At one time they could have all played it.

Well,

Thank you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

timgueguen

[2]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    It was most likely 1987's The Highwayman. It ran 10 episodes.

Rememberthe80s

[3]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 1

Thanks, yeah I thought so too but like I said, where are the two young guys one being rash jumping into things to quickly and wheres the red sports car that was in about the 3rd to 5th episode of the first season and then on. Also the helicopter was shown quite a lot. Not just when things got tough but when they wanted to prove a point.

And these guys where brothers or I think they were just good friends. Some elements were like Knight rider, Airwolf and Blue Thunder mixed in.

You can also see in a lot of the episodes, it was with a red sports car like a Viper but more rounded and not wide on the sides of the car. His buddy would also bale his friend out with the car with his helicopter. I do intend to rewatch these shows mentioned to and to see if anything like this is in it. The Highwaymen does seem to have some of the things closest to it, but I'm about 90 % sure its is not it.

Does anyone have a good source for these shows as well? so I can see them. In the mean time, if anyone else might now what the show I am looking for could be, please let me know.

Thank you.