Forums: International: How do we get TV stations to listen?

Seone5

[1]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 1

Anyone know how do we get TV stations to listen to viewers? I am sick and tired of good TV shows being axed while rubbish is continued to be made. So how do we get them to listen to us? Petitions do not work. Letters do not work. So come on and help me work out a way of getting what we want on the TV instead of what they think we want.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jekyll

[2]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 86

The solution is getting people to watch the good shows, not getting agitated that the TV networks drop shows that few people watch.

elias_jacobson

[3]Jun 29, 2011
    • level: 5
    +1 I don't get why top rated shows over the internet are getting cancelled again and again. And at the same time stupid shows with no viewers are getting renewed?!

Lawrence_Brown

[4]Jun 30, 2011
    • level: 1

To be honest some of the cancelations defy all logic!

Take "no ordinary family" for example, barely showing in Australia (1 show I think) and off it goes. I think the psychic they used to "guess" the future viewing figures must be amazing!!

Stargate Atlantis started slow but was getting really good, and then...

Heroes was good for at least one more season.

Kyle XY, great show

Invisible Man, Any show that gets my wife to stay up until 1am to watch it deserves to live. (just a guess but maybe that affected the figures)

What I really don't understand is that they must realise the effect on future sales, and they still do it.

I would not even consider buying the DVD if the set would never be completed.

TV channels would be mad to show it if it was not complete, knowing it would annoy their viewers.

Maybe the answer is to petition channels which have not aired the show.

Perhaps SKY if they had the courage, could tell the producers "we will only buy your shows if you promise to finish them".

jekyll

[5]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 86

Lawrence_Brown wrote:

Perhaps SKY if they had the courage, could tell the producers "we will only buy your shows if you promise to finish them".

It's not up to the producers if the show gets "finished" or not; it's up to the network that footing most of the bill.

suzy3852

[6]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 3

When the series Star Trek was airing it was being canceled after 1 yr but some woman namebjo started a writing campaign to keep the show on the air and did work but i wrote to UPN few years ago about something on some show and never got an answer. so i think the tv stations really don't care what the viewers have to say. all they are worried about is the ratings and the money that comes in for the show. some shows deserve a chance to run at least 6 months and then maybe the tv stations will know if its going to be any good or not. But for now i watch some of the shows on this one site even though no longer on and really brings back memories. no ordinary family did have more than 1 episode. if anyone wants to watch that show and many others and hope you can watch them from this site, http://watchseries.eu/letters/A. its all free