The Top 10 TV Hangouts
Last week, we listed our favorite TV bars. But not all of the boob tube's fine establishments serve beer. If we could travel through TV-land, here are the ten local haunts we'd most like to visit.
10. Bigger Jigger, Mama's FamilyVinton loved goin' on down to the Bigger Jigger, but it certainly wasn't Mama's favorite establishment.
9. The Basement, That 70's ShowRed and Kitty's rec room was used for all sorts of recreational activities.
8. The Pit, A Different WorldDwayne Wayne, Whitley, Denise and even Tupac visited this Hillman College hotspot.
7. The Bronze, Buffy the Vampire SlayerBuffy, Xander, Willow and the rest of the Scooby Gang rocked out at this night club where even Aimee Mann made occasional appearances. (And this fan video is kind of too good not to share.)
6. The Max, Saved by the BellThe place for milkshakes, hot dance movies, broken hearts, and pitch-perfect 1990 decor.
5. Arnold's, Happy DaysHeyyyyy! It's got a jukebox and the Fonz—what's not to like?
4. The Peach Pit, Beverly Hills 90210This one is best expressed in haiku:
The Peach Pit, a place
where the well-coiffed eat burgers
good times, bad times, here
3. Central Perk, FriendsWhile Jennifer Aniston's haircut inspired salons everywhere to offer "The Rachel," this "New York" java joint likely had a hand in independent-coffee-shop boom of the '90s... not to mention mass consumption of lattes served in mugs the size of human heads.
2. Monk's Diner, SeinfeldThe best place to talk about... everything.
diner where Jerry and crew can speak aloud their neuroses.
1. Double R,Twin Peaks The Double R serves up a damn fine cup of coffee.
Which TV hangouts would make your list?3/17th of a haiku about the center of life, The Peach Pit, was where Brenda, Brandon and the rest of the well-coiffed crew worked through some of the toughest moments in their Beverly Hills lives.
- Comments (56)