What to Watch Tonight: The Women's Figure Skating Finals in Sochi, American Idol's Top 13, and Michael Imperioli on Rake
What to watch on Thursday, February 20...
2014 Winter Olympic Games
Coverage from Sochi includes the ladies’ figure skating gold medal final, the women’s freestyle skiing halfpipe gold medal final, and then men's ski cross gold medal final.
Inside the Actors Studio
Matthew McConaughey discusses his Golden Globe-winning, Oscar-nominated performance in Dallas Buyers Club and various other roles. Host James Lipton, once again, overcommits by cosplaying as McConaughey’s character from Magic Mike.
SEASON 1 FINALE, 8pm, ABC
Chef Jacques Pepin is the guest judge for the final challenge, as the four remaining cooks must spin liver, tripe, scallops, and foie gras into a palatable repast.
The top 13 finalists are revealed. The judges tap three wild cards in addition to the 10 singers chosen by the voters, in accordance with Montesquieu’s philosophy of the balance of powers.
In “Bigamist,” Keegan is sure he can persuade the jury that his restaurateur client (Michael Imperioli) is guilty of nothing more than having too much love in his heart. (And okay, also too much love on legal state marriage documents, but y’know, details.) Elsewhere, Mikki calls on Keegan for help with a harassing former client, and Scarlet winds up in her own legal meshugas.
Project Runway: Under the Gunn
It’s strength-in-numbers time as “Pompeii Team Challenge” divides the designers into two groups. Their task is to create mini collections, all while helping Jon Snow fight a volcano.
“The Celery Incident” serves up a preview of the sketch series’ fourth season, which kicks off a week from today. It also issues a welcome reminder about the many health benefits of celery, which contains over 18 vitamins and nutrients, probably, and is part of a balanced diet. [This blurb has been brought to you by the Ad Council and the American Institute for the Promotion and Advancement of Celery.]
King of the Nerds
“Trek Wars” revives the debate between partisans of the two biggest spacefaring franchises, prompting one contestant to admit he’s never seen either one. Guest judges Kumail Nanjiani and Billy Dee Williams don’t even know how to process this shocking reveal.
– RuPaul, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Sage the Gemini on The Arsenio Hall Show, Syndicated, check local listings
– Chris O’Donnell, U.S. Olympic gold medalist Sage Kotsenburg, and NEEDTOBREATHE on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Kurt Russell on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Ronan Farrow on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Army General (Ret.) Stanley McChrystal on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– First Lady Michelle Obama, Will Ferrell, and Arcade Fire on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, 11:35pm, NBC
– U.S. men’s Olympic ski slopestyle medalists Joss Christensen, Gus Kenworthy, and Nick Goepper; Keri Russell; and ventriloquist Terry Fator on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Jonah Hill, Willie and Korie Robertson, and Jetta on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lisa Vanderpump on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?
- Comments (80)