What to Watch Tonight: Bunheads, The Bachelor, and the Series Premiere of Deception
What to watch on Monday, January 7...
SEASON 17 PREMIERE, 8pm, ABC
Dallas businessman and former Bachelorette cast-off Sean Lowe will choose from among 26 tabloid-cover hopefuls while attempting to renew your faith in love and romance for another season. Seven entirely unsuitable would-be paramours will be sent home in tonight’s two-hour premiere.
SEASON 2 PREMIERE, 8pm, ABC Family
Switched at Birth
Despite having already aired something like 3,800 episodes, tonight marks the beginning of only the second season for this underdog family drama. “The Door to Freedom” kicks things off with Angelo spreading around his newfound wealth, while John and Kathryn consider a move into politics and Bay is accused of cheating.
MID-SEASON PREMIERE 9pm, ABC Family
Having returned to Sin City, Michelle finds work as a magician’s assistant. How will the effervescently motor-mouthed Michelle adjust to that famously laconic occupation? Probably with hilarious results, that’s how! Back in Paradise, Ginny takes over the family business, and Boo and Melanie are busy looking after family members.
SERIES FINALE, 9pm, Fox
The Mob Doctor
Ah, TMD. We’ve come to the end at last, old friend. Your finale, “Life and Death,” in which Grace’s family is endangered, seems a fitting valediction. I think back on the adventures we’ve shared, you and I. The many times I’ve had to include you in this column simply because no other network would dare slot a new episode of anything into the programming black holes you’ve so dutifully occupied. But now the hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways—you to die, and I to write about Deception. Which is better, God only knows.
SERIES PREMIERE, 10pm, NBC
The first network debut of 2013 is NBC’s entry in the popular Lifestyles of the Rich and Heinous subgenre. Meagan Good stars as a detective out to uncover the truth behind the mysterious death of an old friend, and her search leads her into the orbit of the uber-wealthy Bowers family and their sundry schemes and machinations. Victor Garber, a.k.a. Alias’s Spy Daddy, co-stars as the Bowers patriarch.
When a divorce attorney who only represented women is murdered, Castle and Beckett have to whittle down a long suspect list of angry ex-husbands. Meanwhile, Castle’s own ex moves into the loft when Alexis falls ill, no doubt inspiring tension that thematically mirrors the A-story.
– Courteney Cox, Chris D’Elia, and Dan Soder on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Timothy Olyphant on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Anne Hathaway on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Kathryn Bigelow on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Bill Maher, Snooki and JWoww, and Miguel on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Michael Strahan, Jessica Chastain, and Conor Maynard on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35 pm, CBS
– A “Goodbye to Midnight” retrospective of the show’s first 10 years on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 12am, ABC
– Betty White, Jeff Ross, and Sky Ferreira on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Billy Gardell and Krysten Ritter on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?
- Comments (158)