What to Watch Tonight: New Girl, Happy Endings, and Fringe on Science Channel
What to watch on Tuesday, November 20...
7pm, Science Channel
As this cult favorite winds toward its series finale, it enters the syndicated rotation on Science Channel, starting tonight with the series’ first two episodes. If you, like me, need to catch up on a show all your friends rave about, and if you can find Science Channel on your dial, this is your chance.
Ben and Kate
America, we need to talk. Why aren’t you watching Ben and Kate? It is a delightful 12-pound Butterball laden with zany stuffing and a side of charming cranberry sauce. That metaphor kind of got away from me, but the point is, watch the damn show. Tonight’s episode is about Thanksgiving, believe it or not.
Jess’s parents are Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner, which explains why Jess absolutely refuses to ever watch Trading Places. Also on deck: Rob Riggle ups your weekly Schmidt quotient as cousin Big Schmidt, who’s probably like Regular-Sized Schmidt except bigger and comically over-aggressive.
Everyone loves a good origin story, right? Tonight we flash back to how the gang met on a lost season of The Real World, so expect plenty of atrocious ‘90s fashion and quite possibly Dave singing a few earnest bars of Blind Melon’s “No Rain.”
9pm, The CW
Emily Owens, M.D.
Tonight’s episode is called “Emily and… the Tell-Tale Heart,” so perhaps the freshman medical dramedy is abruptly retooling itself into an anthology of modern-day Poe adaptations? I can’t decide if I’m more looking forward to “Emily and… the Pit and the Pendulum” or “Emily and… the Cask of Amontillado.”
The episode promo for "One More Weekend With You" features sex, drugs, and Ray Romano, because NBC really knows how to hook that 18-49 demo. Also this week: Your entire Twitter feed bawls their eyes out.
"Bad Seeds" is a classic enemies-reluctantly-joining forces story, as Sheriff Dennis Quaid must protect Mobster Michael Chiklis. I bet they become off-and-on besties after this, like the craggy-old-guy version of Rory Gilmore and Paris Gellar.
– Ben Stiller, Olivia Munn, and Flo Rida on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Lindsay Lohan, David Gregory, and Wanda Jackson on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Amy Poehler, Josh Hutcherson, and Tegan and Sara on Late Night With David Letterman, 11:35 am, CBS
– Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato, Andy Allo, and the latest contestants to get booted from Dancing With the Stars on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 12am, NBC
– Al Michaels, Miranda Cosgrove, and Pitbull on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, CBS
– Marion Cotillard and Kevin Pollack on The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?
- Comments (163)