What to Watch Tonight: Suburgatory, The Americans, and Survivor's Season 26 Premiere
What to watch on Wednesday, February 13...
SEASON 26 PREMIERE, 8pm, CBS
Survivor: Caramoan – Fans vs. Favorites
If you’ve ever thought that watching so much TV would equip you to do some characters’ jobs as well as they do, if not better, than Survivor has a gimmick for you: The 10 members of this season’s Gota Tribe are all Survivor superfans, squaring off against 10 popular returning veterans in the Bikal Tribe.
8pm, The CW
Oliver is in critical condition after being shot, and it’s up to Felicity (and the realities of a successful, ongoing television series) to keep him alive. While he convalesces, the archer flashes back to the island and an intrepid escape with Slade, quite possibly “The Odyssey” to which this week’s episode title refers.
9pm, The CW
To close the gates of hell, Sam and Dean must complete three daring feats—including the slaying of a hellhound, because Supernatural is operating on straight-up video game logic this week. Tune in to “Trial and Error” and hit up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A on your remote to give the brothers 99 extra lives.
In episode-title-of-the-week contender “Blowtox and Burlap,” Tessa and Ryan take in some art-house cinema on Valentine’s Day, with surprising emotional results. Elsewhere, Sheila’s mother arrives to stir up Shay shenanigans, and any Shay shenanigan showcase is sure to shine.
“Nazdarovya!” finds Dawson in dire straits while attempting to help Antonio in an investigation. Meanwhile, Severide visits his former fiancée, and Casey has a hard time adjusting to his new relationship with his mother. (Fun fact: According to Google, “nazdarovya” is a Russian toast meaning roughly, “To your health.” That’s the kind of extra level of service you can expect from us here at What To Watch Tonight Amalgamated, Inc.)
WINTER FINALE, 10pm, TV Land
Hot In Cleveland
Victoria worries about her future with Emmet after her movie wraps shooting in “What Now, My Love?” Melanie also contemplates her own relationship with Alec, while a new mystery about Elka comes to Joy’s attention.
While Beeman investigates Robert’s death, Elizabeth and Philip learn shocking facts about his life in “Gregory.” In other developments, Margo Martindale begins her eagerly awaited guest arc as the spy duo’s latest KGB comrade.
SEASON 5 PREMIERE, 10pm, TNT
John butts heads with a new trainee, whose resume includes a tour of duty in Afghanistan. In other season-opening business in “Hats and Bats,” new mom Lydia struggles to achieve a work/life balance, and Ben gets mixed up with some ne’er-do-well cops. Just how ne’er-do-well, you ask? They’re led by notorious WB bad boy Chad Michael Murray, which should tell you all you need to know.
– Matthew Morrison, Kathryn Bigelow, and Lupe Fiasco with Guy Sebastian on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Richard Simmons on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Author and Afghan presidential candidate Fawzia Koofi on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Dave Grohl on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Anne Hathaway, Lester Holt, and Eli Young Band on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Medal of Honor recipient Staff Sgt. Clinton Romesha, Quevenzhané Wallis, and Robert DeLong on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– James Franco, Nigella Lawson, and Fall Out Boy on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Sarah Jessica Parker, Steve Harvey, Jeff Musial, and Kacey Musgraves on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
– Russell Brand and Allison Williams on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, 12:37am, CBS
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?
- Comments (209)