What to Watch Tonight: Supernatural, The Originals, and the 2014 State of the Union Address
What to watch on Tuesday, January 28...
8pm, The CW
Cami consoles a grieving Marcel, who keeps his distance when Klaus investigates a grisly development in “Dance Back from the Grave.” Elsewhere, Rebekah discovers evidence of a nasty foe’s return, while Elijah and Hayley work to protect the youngest Mikaelson from another threat.
8pm, ABC Family
Pretty Little Liars
After taking a shine to crime novels, Hanna devises a plan to unearth the mystery of Ali’s grave. Does this mean “Bite Your Tongue” is the PLL-Castle crossover America has been clamoring for? Meanwhile, Spencer doggedly decodes the tales in Ali’s diary, and Aria blanches at Mike’s new friendship.
LIVE, 9pm Eastern, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS, et al.
The State of the Union Address
President Barack Obama delivers the annual State of the Union speech before both houses of Congress. Expected topics include the economy, the environment, and the escalating hostilities between partisans of Sherlock and Elementary.
9pm, The CW
The boys check up on a hospitalized Garth in “Sharp Teeth,” but the reunion is less than cordial. When Garth gives them the slip, their pursuit leads them down a surprising road.
9pm, ABC Family
As Caleb and Miranda probe a skeleton in Collins’ closet, Remy and Luke try to dig up dirt on Dillon. Elsewhere in “Along Came a Spider,” Caleb kicks off his classes, Oliva is thrown by Dillon’s offer of help, and the police apprehend a suspect in the murder of Mr. Matheson.
In their first individual spotlight challenge, the 13 remaining contestants must fashion awe-inspiring dragon designs. Not coincidentally, this week’s special guest judge is Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen.
SERIES PREMIERE, 10pm, Reelz
This new reality show follows the descendants of Al Capone as they
rule Chicago’s seedy underworld with an iron fist run a pizzeria. “Meet the Capones” and “A Sexercise in Futility” open the series with a quarrel over lasagna, a tricky tour of the old neighborhood, and a smattering of romantic machinations.
A search for a vanished informant sends Raylan into hostile territory in “Over the Mountain,” and Boyd’s latest danger hits closer to home, in the form a disgruntled Johnny Crowder out for blood.
Being Mary Jane
Mary Jane meets a potential suitor online in “Mixed Messages,” while Mark can’t cope with Kara’s raft of changes.
Gulf Haven commemorates Buccaneer Week in full mercenary regalia in “The Trip to Pirate’s Cove,” and the agenda includes a rare visit from Ellie’s hospitable alter ego. Meanwhile, Laurie spices up her bakery with a line of provocative pastries.
10:30pm, Comedy Central
“Oh Armond,” this episode exclaims upon realizing that he’s been placed under house arrest for bumping off his wife. In other sketches, an inheritance hinges on the graceful delivery of a eulogy, and a geologist teaches us a valuable lesson about rocks.
– Andrew Dice Clay, Yvette Nicole Brown, and YG featuring Jeezy on The Arsenio Hall Show, Syndicated, check local listings
– Greg Kinnear, Jimmy Vivino & The Black Italians, and Anna Kendrick on Conan, 11pm, TBS
– Gabrielle Union on Chelsea Lately, 11pm, E!
– Louis C.K. on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 11pm, Comedy Central
– Justin Tuck on The Colbert Report, 11:30pm, Comedy Central
– Wanda Sykes, Thomas Haden Church, and Dwight Yoakam on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, 11:35pm, NBC
– Eric Stonestreet, Olympian Nick Goepper, and Bastille on Late Show with David Letterman, 11:35pm, CBS
– Morgan Freeman, Anna Faris, and Mötley Crüe on Jimmy Kimmel Live, 11:35pm, ABC
– Seth Meyers, Joe Buck, and Liv Warfield on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, 12:37am, NBC
WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING TONIGHT?
- Comments (169)