Poor
4.6

Wait...what?

By TwoTonePhantom, Mar 28, 2011

I'm going to say it: this is the WORST episode of 101 Dalmatians: The Series ever made. I always thought Horace and Jasper were pretty funny, but this episode was the most boring episode I've ever seen.

It starts out with Horace and Jasper getting fired from Cruella. They set out to get job interviews, consisting of a clip show (similar to "The Making Of..." and "Humanitarian of the Year"). We already had two clip shows in the series already, and those were good. Not this one. Seriously.

The most annoying thing about this episode was that the puppies only appeared physically at the end of this episode briefly (their other appearances in the episode were all in flashbacks). Um, hello? Walt Disney Television? Buena Vista Television? Jumbo Pictures? This series is called 101: Dalmatians!

1/10.moreless

From their 'Big Career Move', Donald Trump says it best:

"Horace, Jasper...You're fired!"

By Trey_Vore, Feb 21, 2011

I truly love 101 Dalmatians: the Series. There are so many brilliant episodes in the show which have so much charm and humor, which I really loved and I'd immediately reccommend them to anyone. Maybe amidst those episodes, there were a few of which that didn't sit right with me but they are forgivable in the long run.

However, there's a line I must draw. As stated before in my review of the series, I can say without any doubt that "Horace and Jasper's Big Career Move" is unquestionably the "Series' Worst Episode".

'Horace and Jasper's Big Career Move'--After getting fired by Cruella for the last time, Horace and Jasper start applying for work, where their experience aiding Cruella against the Dearlys makes them overqualified; and they start moving up to bigger and better jobs.

It's 'Jasper and Horace Appreciation Day'...cancel my reservation, please.

I don't know where to start--first and foremost, the focus is terrible. We care about Lucky, Cadpig, Rolly, Spot, the Dearly family and their friends. They are who we want to see in the spotlight. We don't care about Jasper and Horace. They are boring, unappealing characters who would not exist in the story if not for Cruella DeVil. They were never intended to be lead characters. They may be mildly funny, but they are supposed to help make us root for the Dearlys.

The whole plot consists of the the evil Mario Brothers trying to find work, but appear to be overqualified for the jobs they apply for. They just move up and up and up...it's about as entertaining as it sounds. Not to mention, it's a clip show. We don't see our four heroes in non-archive footage at all, until the very end. Some of the dialogue, especially some lines coming from Horace, were unnecessary, in addition to being uninsightful or unfunny. The employers also fail to come alive. Nothing interesting about them either; we are expected to be entertained by...Cruella's (ex)henchmen.

Slow, boring, repetitive, not particularly interesting and no real laughs, it's a very dull way to kill a half-hour. Sure, the archive clips are nice, but their primary focus is on Horace and Jasper, where the Main Pups...act as if they are supporting them. Now, clip shows never tend to be the best episodes. But when we have 'The Making Of...', one of the series' best episodes, which was...sort of a clip show, but wasn't...and if you had already seen the episodes 'Horace and Jasper's Big Career Move' borrows from, what's the point? The wraparound sure isn't worth it.

It's a little strange that Disney pulled an episode like 'Alive N' Chicken/Prima Doggy' off the air due to it's time sensitive content (but that was back in 2001), yet they don't throw this turkey into the fire.

I'm not going to go so far as give it nothing--it deserves at least a '1' for the unexpected ending, where Horace and Jasper get a job working as substitute puppysitters for Nanny. Now, I understand that Horace and Jasper do have a relevant role in the series; Cruella does need someone to do her dirty work (which is more than I can say for Lt. Pug), but please, just leave the Baddun brothers as minor characters.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

In short: if you, dear viewer, had never seen '101 Dalmatians: the Series' before and planned to sit down to get initated, I would say, 'By all means'. However, as a true '101D: Series' lover, I will give you this advice: if that was the case, and the network listings announce this was going to be the episode they would show...just skip it for the day, do something else with your time and wait for tomorrow's episode (chances are, they won't play the same episode twice).

If you must watch it, I would reccommend it only after seeing a good number of the many excellent episodes of '101D: Series'. But don't say I didn't warn you...there are very, very few redeeming qualities in the extremely boring and ultimately pointless 'Horace and Jasper's Big Career Move'.

"Some buggy. They must be lost!"

--Don't worry Lucky, you didn't miss anything, 'Horace and Jasper's Big Career Move'moreless