101 Dalmatians: The Series

Good
7.3

Spots Everywhere

By kylerawks10, Jul 23, 2013

This cartoon may be a gold mine, but I found some episodes that I am not really a huge fan of. This doesn't ruin the fact that this show still deserves a thumbs up. Cadpig is my favorite character in this cartoon if you might ask. Overall, I think this series is just in the phase of descent to great.

This Is A Classic

By ScampTVCritic, Jun 02, 2013

Even though it airs on a channel that is way past my demographic (and way past most people's bedtime), 101 Dalmatians: The Show is a classic Disney series. This actually documents the events after the first movie more so than the official sequel, which I also kind of enjoyed. My favorite character is Lucky, because Pamela Adlon did a fantastic job voicing his character and gave this character a lot of personality. I also enjoy Rolly and Spot, but Cadpig is kind of annoying. I'm sorry, but her shtick of finding the inner good and positive in people is run into the ground and makes the character sort of unlikable. The character is played out well by veteran voice actor Kath Soucie (who also played Rolly), but still, I find that shtick to be really annoying. Other than that, 101 Dalmatians: The Series is great, and I would rather let your children watch this than stuff that fills the Disney Junior airwaves such as "Sofia the First" and "Doc McStuffins".moreless

i love it :)

By treehillfan194, Jul 13, 2012

I love the film and also love the show :D wish it was still going

puppies

By AmandaSteckel, Jun 06, 2012

i rember watching this show when i was a kid i wish it was still on

101 dalmatians series

By olddisneyfan22, Jan 02, 2012

as this show was on,i loved watching it ,cuz i also really like the real movies and the animated movie ,my fav is the animated movie and so i loved the series , i would like to see it on tv again

I'm seeing lots of spots, plenty of polka-dots...

By TwoTonePhantom, Apr 08, 2011

This show, to me, can go very unappreciated at times. This was one of the best animated adaptations at the time.

101 Dalmatians: The Series picks up where the movie left off. It combines elements from the 1961 animated movie, the 1996 live action movie, and some elements, such as Cadpig, from the 1956 novel. It, unlike it's predecessors, takes place in America instead of London, maybe to be more familiar with younger audiences (The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh did the same).

This show originally aired as part of One Saturday Morning, with Pepper Ann, Recess, Disney's Doug, and many others. It actually started out in syndication, but was removed after The Disney Afternoon ended. It was produced by Walt Disney Television, Buena Vista Television, and Jumbo Pictures (Doug, PB & J Otter).

The main pups are Lucky, the TV lover with a huge ego, Cadpig, the little cutie who while tries to make peace, is somewhat violent, Rolly, the fat, food-obsessed pup, and Spot, a high-strung chicken. I think Spot would've worked more as a background character, and I wish the other pups could have as many scenes taking the spotlight as well as these four.

Some of the other pups were Two-Tone, a tomboy who was a member of Mooch's gang until (chronologically) "Love `em and Flea `em", who's considered Lucky's girlfriend, Dipstick, another member of Mooch's gang and is somewhat dimwitted, Whizzer, the constantly-urinating pup in Mooch's gang who's Mooch's right hand, but usually nice when not around him, Tripod, the athletic, over-achiever who's rivals with Lucky until (chronologically) "Lucky All-Star", and Patch, the muscular and friendly pup (he looks more like his book counterpart). The parents, Pongo and Perdita, were there, too.

The pups were also part of the "Bark Brigade", taught by the Clonal, Sgt. Tibs, and Lt. Pug. Then were the antagonists. Mooch, a grey mutt and Lucky's other rival (and he's somewhat based on Roger Klotz from Doug), Swamp Rat, a con artist rat who lived in the swamp, with Steven the Alligator and Cydne the Snake. And where there's 101 Dalmatians, there's Cruella De Vil, as well as her henchman, Horace and Jasper.

The storylines were very good. A few weak spots (no pun intended) during some places, but mostly good. In each episode, there was a lesson learned from it, but they never drilled them into your head. Unfortunately, there wasn't much merchandise (McDonald's toys, some books, and a video were some of the only ones). It also ended with 65 episodes due to Disney's episode policy.

After ABC, it started airing re-runs on The Disney Channel, Toon Disney, and now on The Disney Channel again as part of Disney Junior (which is odd, considering it's not a preschool show, it's more for the same audience as Recess and the others). However, it's only on 4:00 AM on Fridays.moreless

Bad show! No treat for you!

By 3StarvingArtist, Mar 09, 2011

"101 Dalmations: The Series" left me feeling cold. Ok, so they changed stuff around from the original animated film, like (inexplicably, but I'm guessing that the live action movies had something to do with this) moving everyone to America. Ok, I could deal with making the show an AU (alternate universe). But the characters were all just... awful. None of them were really likable except for the chicken Spot (and that's saying a lot), and most of them were pretty boring as well. Seriously, how do you make puppies unlikable? Cruella Deville just doesn't work as a reoccuring villain. Toss in a stereotypical "bad" animal to play the antagonist (in this case, Cruella's ferret), weak writing, and bam, you get one bad series. Disney has really gone downhill with their animated series. Hercules was the last really good one they made. My advice is to see "101 Dalmations 2: Patches' London Adventure", a direct-to-video movie that is FAR superior to the series here and with more of the heart and spirit of the original animated feature.moreless

This show is great and it is not only for Little Kids.

By DB_Fan, Dec 27, 2010

This is for sure one of the best movie sequel series Disney has done, in fact I prefer to watch the series over to the movie. This is a really cute show and very original. Currently airs on Toon Disney, but unfortunately airs at 5:00 AM, and at that hour I am sleeping, so I hope Disney releases it in DVD.

This was a cute show but not for me. It wasn't as good as the cartoon movie.

By kbettin_13, Dec 27, 2010

I always and still do love the cartoon movie. But the cartoon was kinda weird but cute and cute stories. It had some weird looking animals helping the puppies. And some of the puppies looked weird and acted weird. This was one of the cartoons based on a Disney movie that wasn't its best but not its worst. I have liked other Disney movie based cartoons, just not this one as much. I could only get into a couple of episodes but most of all I couldn't get into it. If I had to tell you if you should watch the show I would mostly say don't waste your time.moreless

Load More Reviews