24: Live Another Day: Watch the Tick-tocking New Trailer (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Mar 10, 2014

Are you ready for Cinco de Bauer on May 5? It's a new national holiday this year where we'll all drape ourselves in flags; eat cheeseburgers; carry red, white, and blue sparklers; and shove people against a wall and scream, "DAMN!" It's also when Fox will debut its upcoming miniseries 24: Live Another Day, and to get you in the mindset of a true terrorist-hunting patriot, Fox has released the following trailer featuring Jack Bauer running amok in jolly old England. Look, kids! Big Ben! Parliament! Tate Donovan! Benjamin Bratt! And Jack M-Fing Bauer.

Now when do we get to see more of Radical Goth Chloe?

24: Live Another Day premieres Monday, May 5 at 8pm on Fox.

• Comments (27)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • mrjimmyjames Mar 11, 2014

I hope the show doesn't get too lost in the government organization (CIA) or White House soap opera style drama like it has in the past too many times. The show is best when it's primarily focused around Jack while in the field.

I hope this will be good and that they will still keep pushing for a movie series.

• JenMo73 Mar 10, 2014

I got chills!!!! Can't wait for Cinco de Bauer!

• Mantis82 Mar 10, 2014

My friends and I always have a betting pool and guess how many kills Jack is going to have each season. So looking forward to this, with a 12 episode season, I'm going with 18 kills

• TanvirReza Apr 08, 2014

Thats it? just 18?? ok heres my bet entry for 12 episodes : 50 people

• Mantis82 Apr 08, 2014

The most hes ever done in a season is 51, its usually around 30 something but since its 12 eps I thought they might tone it down, so I cut it close to half. Remember, the kill has to be done by Jack himself, thems the rules.

• Taistic Mar 10, 2014

People are complaining that Jack looks old-er. The President went from black hair to salt-and-peppered in four years, what would you expect from Jack after 8 seasons of dealing with foreign and domestic terrorists?

To me, Kiefer has always looked older. Even when he was in his 20s. I'm not saying he's ever looked bad, he hasn't. But he's similar to Jon Hamm, who always looked middle aged.

• ILoveFiona Mar 11, 2014

Come on, what Jack is doing is soothing & relaxing for him. Killing bad guys helps him sleep at night. Dealing with politicians is a whole lot scarier.

• viidu Mar 10, 2014

Soooooooooooooooo glad Jack's back! Yes, he definitely seems a lot older ...
    12 episodes are better than nothing!

• MightyMad Mar 10, 2014

Whoa... Jack Bauer looks hella-old here!

Well, it's gotta be tiring to always have to deal with incompetent jackasses who refused to listen to you when you are always right about an impending attack against the USA.

Dealing with idiots why saving the world - that's the Bauer curse.

• torque_smacky Mar 10, 2014

If Bauer is really back, and concerned about preventing world wars, can he do something about Putin?

• dodge_hickey Mar 10, 2014

Do be putin something else on Jack's plate, he's got enough to deal with this season then to be russian to the Ukraine.

• torque_smacky Mar 10, 2014

Well played.

• MintberryCrunch Mar 10, 2014

Looking forward to it, but seriously a 12 episode series? The show is called 24 for a reason, they are throwing away the e=very concept of the show.

• antdude Mar 10, 2014

They should rename it as 24/2 or 12. ;P

• KeithAllison2 Mar 10, 2014

I'm hoping that this will allow for some tighter storytelling. It's extremely difficult to maintain proper momentum over a 24 episode run. This could give them the chance to really hone in on a strong, central threat.

True, that is the hopeful upside. There certainly won't be any excuse for filler or any lame duck episodes.

It has been a long old time since I watched 24 but I used to love it, seasons 1-3 especially were fast paced and rarely , if ever, boring.

However some later seasons did suffer, mainly as they all started to follow a sort of formula which as you say involved 1 or 2 threats before reaching the main threat, however when this is done well it makes the show great. Season 7 was just bad in my opinion, and 8 just followed the formula but pushed every theme or crutch of previous 24 seasons to the extreme level. should have finished after season 6.

Will be watching with interest but still feels wrong to not have 24 episodes.

• antdude Mar 10, 2014

Hence, lots of lame fillers. :(

• hpfan06 Mar 10, 2014

It's still going to be a 24-hour day, but the episodes will skip certain hours.

Didn't know that was the format they were going with, which to be honest is the better of the options but still feel it should stay true, after all we still aren't experiencing the full 24 hours.

• Larrystrawberry Mar 10, 2014

Can't wait

• See More Comments (1)