Day 7: 5:00 A.M. - 6:00 A.M.

Episode Reviews (26)

Great

How many facial expressions for "Look at me, I'm eeeevil" does Tony Almeida have, anyway?

By BigDyno, May 27, 2012

Tony sends Jibraan and the canister into the subway, and Jack races to stop the prion's release. See, that's how you move butts closer to seat edges.

With Hodges dead, Olivia goes into freakout mode, and the ever-observant Pierce gets suspicious and calls Kanin back into the fray. Good to see neither of these two being wasted in these final hours, especially since this'll be the former's last hurrah (really, what's with that?).

Also, Kim just couldn't get out of this season without landing back in familiar damsel territory. I could almost hear your collective groans at this all-too-predictable turn of events, yet it seems nobody could predict where the writers would end up taking that.

Chloe and Janis bicker. I myself still groan at the pointlessness of it all.

A fine mini-conclusion after the preceding lack of luster (guhwuh?). Plus, I still welcome Tony's continued villainy. But the story isn't flowing nearly as smoothly as it was earlier this season; instead of steadily but confidently building up to the finale, it feels like the writers are struggling to meet their 24-episode quota. Oh, well. Even though the Final Six as a whole don't reach their potential, the two remaining hours are enough time to make Jack's final (*scoff*) morning a tad more hellish, and my life that much more entertained.

Hourly Highlight:

Jack punching Tony over. And over. And over. And over. And over...moreless

This episode shows that the writers are clearly running out of ideas.

By UnbiasedViewer, Apr 25, 2011

This show is getting old really fast.

1) Kim's phone runs out of batteries at the airport, leaving unable to contact anyone else or anyone else to contact her to warn her of the impending danger. How convenient.

2) Olivia's storyline. Just a time waster. Does anyone really care what will happen to Olivia? I don't care if she goes to jail or gets caught or if she gets away with murder. The whole storyline is just a waste of time cause the writers ran out of ideas.

3) Janis vs Chloe? Seriously? There's a freaking bomb on the loose and they're fighting over who's the better hacker?moreless

By Dante_Edy, Aug 18, 2009

Let’s start with Janis and Chloe scenes, Janis reaction to Chloe was filler, just to buy time, it wasn´t necessary, but at the same time this was explored, since the first time Chloe appeared to help the FBI, Janis thought she was losing her position and been replaced. So not exploring this issue could be a bit unrealistic.

Jibraan was a hero this time, the fact he tried to talk to the police was necessary to be realistic, but as expected. His reaction was well done and the situation itself was interesting for an innocent guy. This connects to Jack scenes, were he made another of his torture to extract some information and locate Tony. It seems that Tony is really focused in some objective and it doesn´t matter if he have to kill innocent people, which seems to confirm that this is all about Michelle and the fact that he didn´t got over her death. Jack beat him, I didn’t expect that tony would be caught so soon, but again he will be free. Jack now is forced to free Tony and kill anyone who tries to stop him.

White House scenes continue to focus on Olivia and her guilt over Hodges death, this episode explored this with every character she knows like Aaron, who can´t trust her and called Ethan to find out if Olivia is the one who murderer or give the order to kill Hodges, this can be interesting, not because Olivia, but because President Taylor will have her ultimate drama, the most difficult choice that a person can make.

Kim scenes was a nice setup, with a twist, and that was a nice par of twists, but one more time, Kim is used to force Jack to do what the terrorists want, if this is a bad thing, the next episode will tell.

Presentation Phase - » (8/10). I liked Kim setup.

Complication Phase - » (8/10). This time Jack couldn´t make it in time so he needed Jibraan help, this was realistic. They caught Tony and Climax Phase - » (9/10). The last scenes with the canister were cool, not something from other world.

Ending - » (10/10). I liked the ending, a situation that seems impossible to overcome.

Time and Scene Management - » (9/10)*2. This time we had less filler and more relevant material, even Olivia scenes is starting with the pay offs,

Plot Details/Holes- » (10/10). Nothing that I could notice.

Surprises/Shocks/Twists - » (8/10). I liked the twist in the terminal.

Suspense/Tension - » (8/10). The tension when Jibraan found the last canister was good, I didn´t count the time, but the suspense was well done.

Drama - » (7/10). Olivia usual drama like the previous episode, at least the payoff is starting to appear. Jibraan reuniting with his brother was nice.

Finally the main plot moves forward and a conclusion is reached regarding the last canister. Now the last setup was made and the ending was very interesting.moreless

Wow

By NWAMan88, Aug 05, 2009

The last couple of seconds was like WTF???? Why Kim. Just Kill Tony. Jack would love to do that. Kill him to shut him up. Overall I got the rest of the show to finish. I dont know what to expect. I hope Jack and CTU-Lite kicks everyones a$$. The last couple of seconds was like WTF???? Why Kim. Just Kill Tony. Jack would love to do that. Kill him to shut him up. Overall I got the rest of the show to finish. I dont know what to expect. I hope Jack and CTU-Lite kicks everyones a$$...........Go Jack!!! Well gotta finish got three more episodes left...moreless

Another Great Episode. What will Jack do?

By XooKey, May 23, 2009

The terrorists are setting up the canister to be deployed on the subway system. Jack uses the phone of the man watching over Hamid to have Chloe track down the general area that Tony is in. Jack and Agent Walker use a tracking device to find and capture Tony. Tony breaks the mobile device he is using to track Jibraan but Janice and Chloe are able to make it work and determine that Jibraan is on the Subway. Janice and Chloe tap into the frequency of the earpiece that Jibraan is wearing and Jack is able to help him find the canister and neutralize it.

The man that Olivia was to pay to kill Jonas Hodges goes through with it without payment and Olivia is forced to make the payment. Aaron Pierce is suspicious of what happened contacts Ethan Kanin to find out if the voice activated recorders were still in operation. Ethan says he will come to the White House to help him.

Jack is being forced to help free Tony by the organization behind the terrorist attacks by threatening to kill his daughter Kim.

A lot happened in this episode and the are many questions to be answered in the last 2 hours.moreless

Bravo to the writers of 24 as they build up suspense to the finale.

By joshta101, May 19, 2009

This is one of the best 24 episodes yet. Tony says that Jibran must go to Washington centre, and Cara dons a wig and glasses and plants the bio-weapon. Jack and Renee get to Tony in a very exciting, 24 way and they contact Jibran. There is huge suspense as Jibran races through Washington Centre to the FBI, holding a canister that will go off in just over 90 seconds. Jack throws the canister in and he thinks it's all over. He then gets a phone call saying his daughter will die unless he frees Tony. Jack boards the van where Tony is held and then... 5:59:58, 5:59:59, 6:00:00am. This episode really build up suspense for the double bill finale next week. Can wait for what the writers have in store!moreless

Haven't we've been in this movie before?

By tsnoam, May 15, 2009

Jack being extorted. They have his little kid. Gee, what's new?

And the intrigue between Chloe and Janis? This is so cliche. Ye, we've got the best analyst of FBI and the best analyst of CTU working side by side but can't get along. Stop wasting our time...

And the thing with Jack & Tony. Just kill the SOB, will ya? No... you have to get all moral and stuff. You know you won't get anything from him, he's as trained as you are.

Anyhow, the stunt Jibran held when he ran out of the train was very impressive. The security guys are trying to stop him, and then he just like all "I'm a scary terrorist, whaaaa! Get out of my way!", I guess this was the only light in this episode. Everything else was so much expected.moreless

Great! Felt like deja vu.

By Bauer_37, May 15, 2009

In this episode, we revisit many of the 24 cliches. The fact that the bio-weapon was sealed in an airtight box, we have seen this beofre. The fact that Kim's life is in danger, we have certainly seen this before.But the fact is, if its 24, its good. I mean 24 is one of the best tv shows out there and no matter how cliched and over-the-top it gets, I will always watch it before anything else on television. The writers are doing a great job on keeping 24 going and the season finale looks great! "What is the target!"moreless

Somewhat of a letdown.

By pk20220, May 15, 2009

This big crescendo leading up to what I thought would be a big finale seems to have ended on a whimper. It had been an exciting season with the usual suspense, action, and twists. The premise of the season was to stop these big biological attacks brought on by the company, "Starkwood" and then by traitor, Tony Almeida. Yet when the supposed resolution to this whole terrorist attack came, I was like, "that was it?". It seemed like the writers ran out of gas at the last minute. Many hours and episodes were spent leading up to this point, yet it ends so simply and predictably - just a toss of that canister into the mobilization unit and poof everyone is saved. Nothing dramatic. But wait it isn't over yet. There is another one of these tiresome Kim Bauer kidnapping and holding her hostage stories. But strangely, this one was tacked on at the end. We'll just have to wait and see.moreless

Load More Reviews