Day 7: 7:00 A.M. - 8:00 A.M.

Episode Reviews (36)

Superb

By Dante_Edy, Jul 01, 2011

The final episode didn´t disappoint. Jack running seemed pure filler, but at least, he had a very interesting conversation with Tony and now we know what this is all about. It surprise me that Alan was behind what happened in season 5, even in Palmer murderer. But when Tony finally had the opportunity that he waited for years, this was very emotional. This episode had action and little suspense but focused more on drama, since Jack was dying, Kim wanted to save her dead, Renee has a choice to make, Tony reveal why he did all and President Taylor had a very strong drama. Speaking of her, it is impossible not to feel sorry for her, her emotional material was one of the best things in this episode.

Season 1 and two ended with two deaths to make the audience want to see more, season 3 and 4 didn´t do anything special, season 5 put Jack in the Chinese hands, so he make the audience wanting to see more. Season 6 ended in reflection, but this season 7 ended with continuation, Jack sick and being saved by his daughter, Renee preparing to do torture….

Complication Phase - » (10/10), Climax Phase - » (10/10)*, Ending - » (8/10), Time and Scene Management - » (10/10), Plot Details/Holes- » (10/10), Surprises/Shocks/Twists - » (8/10), Suspense/Tension - » (9/10), Drama - » (10/10)*2.

The last episode was predictable but did a great job in almost all scenes, in an episode focused in drama.moreless

One of the best finales!

By wikiager, Jun 28, 2011

Season seven of 24 comes finally to a close. And it comes to close with my opinion that i saw an incredible and heartpounding season of the show, and is predictabily one of the most amazing seasons of Jack Bauer´s days. And its last episode is a valuable proof of it: a perfect ending, with truly emotional moments and breathtaking. For me, this could be the perfect series finale to the show!.

The decision to end the deadly and twisted plot which involves Tony and Jack in the end it ended was the right way. And also the final advice from Jack to Renee, President Taylor´s sacrifice and the final shot when Kim assits her father was beyond of me.

If not the best finale, it´s one of the best seasons finale for sure!.

Another episode that deserves much more credit: 10/10.

Perfect!.moreless

What a load of old tosh

By FugnitFugnit, Jun 10, 2010

I'm sorry, well actually I'm not, what a let down. I suppose with 6 series of great TV under their belts I can forgive them, but when you're expectations are so high, and have been met over the last few years, they remain high, and quite frankly this ending is a wee bit lame. So what's next? another 2 hour special detailing Jacks rehabilitation that'll be in the Blockbuster's bargain bin 2 weeks after it's shown on TV. With all the other season finales airing at the moment it shows how much 24 has fallen behind in the "keep 'em hooked race". An 8th series, well of course but please make the 24th a cracker. Wow aren't we so ungrateful!moreless

And here I thought the FIRST season was full of mistakes and plot holes!

By pcbadass, Jun 10, 2010

So many events in these last two episodes make no sense, and others are simply not believable. The writers assume (like Season 1) that the fans are too stupid to remember what happened in the previous 22 episodes, which may be true for some viewers, but not me.

**Spoilers** When Kim was being chased around the airport, I was screaming, "The mountain lions were actually better than this!" And I simply can't believe that Tony was a quadruple agent since I remember all the other events which happened in previous episodes. Major plot hole! And there are many little silly things in the outcome of Taylor getting caught, but whatever. It's over and I'm done with this show.

Goodbye 24!moreless

24 has been one of my favourite shows for the past decade but this season is the worst of them all.

It's still decent, just not as good as the past seasons.

By RuiSantos0, Jun 10, 2010

24 has been a catchy, innovative, adrenaline filled tv series from the very beginning, until now.

Of course no show can live to it's starting hype forever but why on earth would the same people that made 6 "good" seasons, make this one so below the bar they set in the past, I mean, can Jack Bauer's daughter stop being on the line all the time, let's get some more original ideas?

I don't want to reveal too much so all I can say is this season starts well, builds up pretty decently and has some good twists in it with some of the major characters from past seasons but the end... oh my god the end... can it be any more anti-climax?

A season of 24 has always had a beginning and a good "end" to the storyline that it started, so why do this now, it's not like the script was so good that everyone is gonna be anxiously waiting for the rest of it. Anyway, it's a decent season but it's the worst so far, hate the fact of not having the same kind of closure to the storyline all the other seasons did.moreless

Choices and redemption: Season 7 finale was a conclusion to the exploration of those themes. And the result was near perfection.

By Bauer66, Sep 28, 2009

At the opening of this episode, we still have no clue about Tony's motives, but very quickly, we find out that he wants to kill the real mastermind of Day 5 conspiracy, Alan Wilson, who also ordered the murders of David Palmer and Michelle. The revelation scene was played perfectly by Kiefer and Carlos Bernard, but after some cool action, Tony screams a shocking phrase, a classic scene. Unfortunately for Tony, he is shot and arrested once again.

The theme of the episode is fully explored with a series of dramatic moments between Jack and Renee, the resolution of the Taylor stortyline, Renee deciding to interrogate Wilson, and a inusual but deep scene between Jack and Gohar.

Predictably, Kim's reappareance at this point was with the sole purpose of saving his father, and she actually did, which will gain redemption on the eyes of several fans. Although Jack was in peace with his inminent death, at least it'll have to wait another day, before we can prepare ourselves to the end of 24.moreless

A good end to a decent season. Take that season 6 !

By offline1234, Aug 31, 2009

A pretty good episode to sum up the season. Yeah it was pretty slow and the white house story was a bit lame, but they got most of it's point in to this episode. tony In custody and the white house story concluded but Renees plot with wilson was not concluded so they cut the screen black like in sopranos. But who cares, and I also liked the creators cutting off the end sequence of the episode so the viewers will be annoyed and the media likes that. the action was cool but short and not as dynamic as season six s finale but I liked tonys face off with Wilson. if season 8 is the final season and it is going to be the day after day seven, it will be awesome if the stem cell research doesn't work and jack dies in the season 8 finale. I can't wait for season 8!!!!!!moreless

The ending was predictable but good. We have seen better endings (seasons 1,4 and 5) but this time it was the only way to end it and I'm fine with that.

By bauer81, Jul 08, 2009

I didn't like so much Tony's explanation about Alan Wilson. How many men were behind Charles Logan? I prefer Jonas Hodges but they killed him!!! He seemed that he was above them all. Well, that's because of the great Jon Voight...

As for Tony; he's not good, neither bad. He's an almost crazy man, a man who's desperate for revenge and he's willing to do everything to take it. The information of Michelle's pregnancy was great. Don't get me wrong, I liked it because it was great for dramatic reasons and only for that... Also, it was the best excuse for Tony's actions.

One of the best scenes was the one with the Muslim priest; He prayed for Jack and Jack thanked him... It's like 24 tried to redeem itself for any misunderstood... they proved that it's not a show for racists. They don't want to satisfy them and I'm very pleased for that. They're not all of them (the Muslims) bad as all the Americans, all the Greeks (and so on) are not good. We mustn't put labels on people based on their religion, their nationality or whatever else... it's not that simple and it's not fair for anyone, it's only bad and very stupid.

The ending was predictable but good. They didn't have any other realistic-logical choice since they took the risk to choose the "dying Jack" way... We have seen better endings (seasons 1,4 and 5) but this time it was the only way to end it and I'm fine with that.moreless

A good ending to a decent season

By jared85, Jun 11, 2009

So I just finished watching the season finale. Of course, as a 24 episode, it's guanrantee of fast paced action, lots of gunfire and people dying all over the place.

So Tony was really double crossing everyone, huh? Wow, talking about obsession.. the guy really wanted revenge..

I liked that the writers didn't kill Tony but I find it hard to place the character in upcoming seasons. Jack had all these controversial accusations of torture and all, and all the "wanted fellon" situations he goes through every season are usually cleared up in the end. But Tony.. well, he's responsible for a lot of deaths.. Well, I can see like a terrorist, some rogue agent and/or former associate of Tony's doing some crazy things in Washington and the FBI needing his assistance.

Jack, of course, will live. Can't have 24 without Kiefer Sutherland. Maybe he'll be 100%.. maybe he'll have some problems that will hinder his actions (but not so much, otherwise he'll be reduced to a secondary character.. like that Sean something.. he killed the blonde girl and got his cover blown eventually. They put him in a cell and we never saw his sorry ass again.. lol).

Renee. Hmm, not sure.. she's learned that in situations like that, you can't be playing good guy. You'll get screwed. You need to be badass or you won't get what you need. If she did torture the guy, she'll lose her job.. hmm.. but I think she'll just work on him for a while.. I don't think she'll actually put a bullet on his legs or punch him... much..

Well, we'll see in the next season!!! hehe

Cheers!!moreless