Life on an Indian Reservation

Episode Reviews (4)

Superb

30 days on the Navaho Indians... Please update

By KristenMcilra, Oct 13, 2011

The show on the Navaho Indians was life changing, I had my family watch it a 2nd time this week. I can't stop thinking about how they don't have access to water at their home. Can you please post an update. Is there anything we can do to help?

I appreciate Morgan's insight and his ability to share the lives of many back home.

By SakuraBarrien, May 14, 2011

I've never seen the show before so seeing this episode as an introduction to 30 Days was awesome.

I'm in the group of Navajos who left the Reservation. I was born and raised on the Rez but at 13, my mother joined the military and we moved all over. My experiences outside the Rez was amazing but I will always consider it my home. I currently reside in the San Francisco area with my family. Though, my parents remain on the Rez and visit the grandchildren as much as possible.

I don't know how many people were affected by this episode but I can only hope that it has touched some lives. There are so many issues back home and I think no one really knows where to start in terms of improvement. I think what was shown by Morgan was important and I was truly touched.

Thank you to Morgan and his crew. You did an amazing job. I just wonder if you are still running and praying. ;) Walk In Beauty, Morgan.moreless

Thanks for getting this out there, it really is this bad and worse. People don't know how well they have it even as hard as it is out here, its worse on these Rez. Our gov. does nothing for them to speak of.

By dvallejo, Oct 17, 2008

I work at a Charity Call Center for these Native American Reservations, in these areas and yes it is this bad and worse. Although the Navajo Rez is one of the largest it's not the poorest. Try going to the Pine Ridge Reservation. They are one of the poorest in our Country. A lot of them end up pulling the wood from the inside and outside of their homes and putting blankets on the walls, so they have something to burn in the winter to stay warm. They often keep their trash, also for winter burning. Not healthy, but they have to stay warm. Many don't even get one Nutritious meal a day. Our Charity helps alot of these inpoverished Reservations. Their income levels are only about 1/5 of our nations regular income. Most don't have vehicles and are miles from civilization. Thanks for bringing a light on these deplorable situations. We watched this episode at our job one morning and the people you stayed with some of our agents have been there and had met them long ago. We wouldn't allow anyone out here to live like most of these people have to,especially on themoreless