Life on an Indian Reservation

Episode Reviews (4)

Superb

30 days on the Navaho Indians... Please update

By KristenMcilra, Oct 13, 2011

The show on the Navaho Indians was life changing, I had my family watch it a 2nd time this week. I can't stop thinking about how they don't have access to water at their home. Can you please post an update. Is there anything we can do to help?

I appreciate Morgan's insight and his ability to share the lives of many back home.

By SakuraBarrien, May 14, 2011

I've never seen the show before so seeing this episode as an introduction to 30 Days was awesome.

I'm in the group of Navajos who left the Reservation. I was born and raised on the Rez but at 13, my mother joined the military and we moved all over. My experiences outside the Rez was amazing but I will always consider it my home. I currently reside in the San Francisco area with my family. Though, my parents remain on the Rez and visit the grandchildren as much as possible.

I don't know how many people were affected by this episode but I can only hope that it has touched some lives. There are so many issues back home and I think no one really knows where to start in terms of improvement. I think what was shown by Morgan was important and I was truly touched.

Thank you to Morgan and his crew. You did an amazing job. I just wonder if you are still running and praying. ;) Walk In Beauty, Morgan.moreless

The episode left me with many mixed feelings such as the value of education, proud of the Navajo People facing such poverty,to wanting to establish Humanitarian efforts in this area and the realization that my Tribe has been truly blessed by the Creator.

By First2light, Jul 09, 2008

I was truly touched by this episode due to the informative and Educational value that it had.I am from both Native American and Irish Culture.The episode showed the Navajo People to be a proud people in the face of diffucult situations.The people showed the importance of the continuance of the Navajo language to the young as well as the Cultural teachings to the next generations to follow.The episode showed the Dennisons,and Grandma to be a hard working people in a very poverty stricken area,lacking simple supplies and water. The episode also showed the reality that many tribal people must leave the reservation to find gainful employment elsewhere because of the lack of employment in the area.The episode also showed an elderly Medicine Man performing a sweat which I was surprised to see on television because it is so Sacred and Ceremonial.moreless