7 Days

Show Reviews (42)

Great

Loved the pilot and a few episodes in there.... condundrum....

By alissa914, Jun 07, 2013

This was a show that really should've just been a movie. The pilot was absolutely excellent and some of the episodes were quite good though. I remember feeling that it was ironic that this show was cancelled just before the 9/11 attacks.... not that the show was real, of course, but it seemed coincidental.....

Great sci-fi...

By dogfood_uk, Oct 20, 2012

Good little series, with interesting stories. Very cheesy at times but thoroughly enjoyable.

I absolutely love 7 Days, the characters, the time travel and the chemistry between the characters and am deeply saddened that it ended like it did with no conclusion to the Frank and Olga relationship. Its a real shame that shows that are as great as this gets cancelled when there's other shows that are totally rubbish and keep getting renewed and go on and on.

By Lionart71, Nov 27, 2011

BRING BACK THIS SERIES EVERYONE LOVED IT...............

By VickyMurphy1, Oct 29, 2011

my family and I loved this series and was very disapointed to see it go. We all loved it ,,I believe that instead of bringing back stupid movies a hundred time like Fready or Jason that you can bring good series like this one back . I always wanted Frank Parker and Elga to get together and start their life together and I enjoied that Frank would always save the day or the Seven days I should say....

I hope that some one is really going to read this and think about bringing back something good back...moreless

Another show that didn't last as long as it should have.

By notsyko, Jul 12, 2010

The premise behind 7 Days was great. The options for storylines were never ending, and each episode was more drawing than the last. The acting in this series was excellent, especially Jonathan LaPaglia. It's a shame the series couldn't have gone on longer than it did. Sadly, few UPN shows lasted more than a few seasons, hell, UPN didn't even last. They did have some good, underrated shows though. I didn't end up getting to watch the full series until it aired on Spike TV. It's great somebody picked it up for syndication. Let's hope interesting shows like this one keep being made.moreless

This is not technically a review more a reply to MrQuackers review, in which he claims the SF is dodgy. However over the course of the show these flaws are given explainations.

By AndrewDavies1, May 15, 2010

"So how can he make modifications without him actually knowing what's been done since they never actually did the Back Step"

Whilst they may not ever have physically activated the machine the sphere itself does go back in time. Any modifications Ballard makes would either take longer than several days to implement (ie Ballard would know what he was planning to do) or Frank could be told/the data stored on the chip Frank takes back in time, and would be able to see from the sphere whether the modification was successful or not. For instance in one episode Ballard makes a modification and several days later this causes Frank to split into good and evil parts. Ballard then undoes the modification as clearly it was not a good thing. "not to mention saying that they still use fuel"

It was hinted at that the fuel exist outside of time as we know it therefore although time goes back the fuel does not.

"Also, how do they get the sphere back and fix it every time, since most of the backsteps end up nasty, or does it exist in their hangar as well. If so, then we'd need to have two Franks aswell."

No like you say Frank and the Sphere disappear at the moment that future Frank arrives (as an aside this is why Frank is confined to the base it wouldn't do to have Frank just randomly disappearing from the middle of a street). However whenever Frank checks in he says where the Sphere is and Bradley replies with something along the lines of we'll send a retrieval team. Admittedly it might have been nice to have seen this, but meh. Fixing it is easy just look at what's broken and fix it like any mechanic does.

"Not to mention if the radius of the "miscalculation" of the target is 200 to 1000 miles like Parker states in one episode, why doesn't the sphere materialize in the ground, or in the air?" It does in one episode it materialises underground, in another it accidentally slices through an aeroplane in the process of going back in time. "Also, if he can go back only 7 days, why doesn't he just re-"go back" another 7 days if he needs more time?" It was stated at least twice that the fuel source needs time between jumps to regenerate. Whilst this might seem to contradict with the fuel being physically used up as well, think of it as they have a limited amount of fuel each time they use it decreases and what remains deactivates, and then slowly reactivates. They can go back, wait seven days then go back again (as they do at least twice) but they can't leapfrog back seven days then another seven. I used to wonder about these thinks as well (especially the leap frog time travel) but then recently I watched them all and gained the above insight. Hope this helps. Andrewmoreless

Interesting concept and screenplay but dodgy SF.

By MrQuackers, May 14, 2010

The series plays out pretty well, it's very entertaining and it has it's share of romance and comedy, sarcasm and irony. The characters are a bit cliche but Parker allways seems to surprise me even thou i thought i had him nailed. If you get past the first few episodes, which are a bit out there, what comes after is fairly good. The only problem with the show comes from my end i think. I like to critique any SF shows based on the tech it shows, and i have to say, this was kind of hard to swallow. Bare with me here; first problem whould come from the fact of the 7 day time travel. I mean, if they are allways backstepping and altering the timeline, it means that in the main timeline that the show tells, the sphere was never used. I mean, they only get to see Parker come back, evreytime they use the sphere, they lose all memory of it, not to mention not use up any fuel, unlike sayed by Ballard in 1x14. So how can he make modifications without him actually knowing what's been done since they never actually did the Back Step, not to mention saying that they still use fuel. Also, how do they get the sphere back and fix it evreytime, since most of the backsteps end up nasty, or does it exist in their hangar aswell. If so, then we'd need to have two Franks aswell. Not to mention if the radius of the "miscalculation" of the target is 200 to 1000 miles like Parker states in one episode, why dosent the sphere materialize in the ground, or in the air? Also, if he can go back only 7 days, why dosent he just re-"go back" another 7 days if he needs more time? These issues might not be much to people that watch the show for enjoyment, but for hardcore SF fans that know each bit of the Enterprise's systems, the deck setup on the Galactica and the mechanics behind the Stargate, like i said, this show is hard to swallow.moreless

Good.

By cactusjack39, Feb 14, 2009

I actually thought this was a pretty decent show when it was still on the air. I liked the premise and the storylines, as well as the writing. The thing that I have to say I couldn't understand was the continuation effects of going back in time. But other than that, I think that it had some good writing and some decent acting. I never had a favorite episode or a favorite character as I thought that it meshed pretty well as a group. It was entertaining to see all the events that took place and then to see the person jump back in time. Thank you.moreless

Time Travel meets Alias and partly the X-Files.

By NakedSir, Apr 05, 2008

Awesome show. Comes Highly addictive.

Don't listen to reality brown nosers or bad taste sci fi geeks who bag this great show, they know nothing of a great script writing TV, their eyes are on paris hiltons fanny or a big ugly looking lobster trying to take over the universe.

Every episode is on par, no dull moments, some the scripts are even original.

I watched some of it when it first aired 10 years ago on Australian TV, and thanks to the net I now get to watch the complete series, the thing our networks in Australia failed 10 years ago and after all Frank is an aussie. If you liked the X-Files, Alias or top secret government conspiracy projects then this is for you, and yeah did I mention time travel?moreless

A really impressive, creative, captivating series. Ignore the blasphemies of the people who tell you it's a 'change the channel' show. They probably want you to change it to The Snailracing Channel or Propaganda News or something.

By Sandorman, Jan 25, 2008

This is GOOD science fiction. VERY good science fiction. Every element of its premise is captivating. It takes the greatest of human desires, that to undo our greatest regrets, and makes with the premise, 'what if it COULD be done'. One thing that's quite astonishing about this series is that the event Parker goes back in time to prevent in its pilot episode is eerily familiar - terrorists smash an airplane in a suicide strike into the White House! And that was made in 1998! I wonder if there are a few more lessons in here that certain government officials might be more competent if they heeded and watched the show. Sure, sometimes things got a bit wacky - Parker accidentally taking back the soul of a dead person whose absense from the chaos of nonexistence creates a black-hole-like object that sucks stuff in until the dead person returns. Or Roswell aliens stealing plutonium and causing a meltdown. But most of the time the plots weren't really very far-fetched, and that's one of the things that was just so captivating about it. This horizon that joins together the comparably mundane (albeit exciting) situations that really exist with the fantastic solution, the time machine. Of course, all it would do is bring him back - it was up to him to do the rest. It would be boring if all he had to do was, say, wish upon a lamp and make everything right - and that's where the guts of the show comes in. And what a show. Never boring, never anything but something to enjoy and look forward to watching, something I never got tired of. I found my old recordings off of Spike TV and I just watched 21 episodes in 3 days. Just about anything else, any show, any movie, and I'd be sick of it and want to take a break after an hour at the most. This should give you an idea of just how riveting it is. If you are not the most boring person to ever walk the Earth (or rather stagger since you surely would have to have one foot in the grave), you will be on the edge of your seat while you are watching this show.

It's worth noting that like Sci-Fi's 'The Invisible Man', it is also in all appearances influenced by the premise of Sapir and Murphy's 'The Destroyer' series of books - that is, a man is recruited from a hopeless situation in prison and is given as his only other option to become the miracle man of a top secret agency which saves the world on a daily basis by relying on him to accomplish the impossible. 7 Days is better than The Invisible Man though - it's more fun to watch, the agency is more believable (the one from the Invisible Man was too silly, and whoever heard of a 'silly' secret agency). Now that's something that was worth watching, and yet I can't just sit down and watch for hours. The same is true even of Star Trek. 7 Days, though, that show is just magic.moreless

Load More Reviews