7th Heaven

Show Reviews (709)

Great

Reply to Jojask

By sallenj, May 02, 2014

Unfortunately, J illustrates the mindset of too many people. Notice that he starts out with the specter of "theocracy" and This is just silly, since there is no theocracy in the show, implied, practiced, or argued for. Besides, we all know that "Will and Grace" or "Modern Family" NEVER have propaganda in them!

Then, J brings up the boogie man of WASP (That's 'White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, in case you were wondering). This ignores the fact that the show includes accepted main characters who are Jewish and Catholic (So, it's not exclusively Protestant, or as well as many characters who are black (The Hamiltons, hello?), and at least one major character who is Hispanic (So, it's not exclusively white . It makes one wonder if J has actually watched the show.

Oh, and he shows that he doesn't like wise fathers, or religion. Then, he ties it all together with a quote from Karl Marx, who actually was what he accuses the show off being: "manipulative, and shutting out any reality as we know it. " Oh, and Marx has been proven wrong by history, by the way.

He caps off his argument against the show by showing his deep tolerance for people who might have a different view than his. Just kidding. He actually closes by hoping that no shows like 7th Heaven will ever be produced again. That's fitting for someone with his demonstrated fact free view of the show, and his bias against reality.

moreless

Maybe one day we'll learn

By Jojask, Dec 09, 2013

In a theocratic society propaganda movies would look exactly like this show. Unbelievably blatant propaganda movies, in which nothing good exists that is not WASP and everyone turns to and every problem is solved by: a benign father figure. Never before or after have I seen a show that is truer to the saying "Religion is the opium of the people".

I can understand embracing the values promoted in this show. I can never understand or accept embracing its manipulativeness and its shutting-out of any reality as we know it.

I think it's just terrible and even though it has redeeming qualities, for what I mentioned above I will give it 1 point and hope that the day will come when shows like 7th Heaven will not be produced anymore.moreless

Confused

By 2sunnykids, Mar 29, 2013

Watching the rerun of the final episode 11:22 -

At the very end - a man named Stanley shows up to help move the RV

instead Stanley tells Eric he must take him because he is helpful and I thought he implied that Eric had no option.

I gathered Eric did die and this is his Heaven and Stanley is his guiding angel?

It was confusing to say the least. I did not watch this show when it was originally on.moreless

Real heaven

By ckannapiran, Feb 28, 2013

This is the best program that me and and my wife never want to miss in Australian Channel 11. It really demonstrate the need for family life and how the parents has to manage their children under different age groups. In the current deteriorating family life in Australia and elswhere, this serial remind all the viewers of the importance of family and morla values. We are hindus grown up with christian friends, the moral values are the same for all of us. Thanks and congrats to all the wonderful actors and the dogs too!moreless

Good Job 7th Heaven!

By Drea94, Jan 29, 2013

Great show! I've seen all the episodes. My parents and I used to watch them every day. It was a great way for us to discuss awkward issues, and spend time together.

The characters are great, and so real. They get into trouble and face difficulties just like everyone else.

I also like the way the writers bring up such important social and moral issues with a sensitive yet informative view point.

7th heaven

By ChristinaGrov, Oct 16, 2012

I like the show I watch it averyday but they need some new ones on tv .I like this the only show that don't have the fightting and it don't have the vilins oor the cursing on the show.

7th heaven

By DanielleSnyde, Jul 01, 2012

i love this show you should bring it back on tv

I love Watching 7th Heaven

By ShereeRobinso, Feb 13, 2012

7th Heaven is the coolest show I've ever seen I can watch it again and again and never get sick of watching =)

BEST SHOW EVA

By princess_125, Jan 11, 2012

This is an absolutely wonderful show, and it is my favourite. Some of the episodes are bad I will admit, one I couldn't watch the whole thing, but I still think that it is a great show. The first few seasons were better, because the plot was simpler to follow and the main characters were involved more, but the later seasons were also good, they were just different. I have to say, I can't pinpoint a favourite character. I like Matt because of his wacky outbursts every now and again and I also like Ruthie for speaking her mind and for the fact that she is so pretty. Lucy is annoying sometimes for complaining, but she is a good character and very realistic. I have to say I hate Peter, Ruthies ex-boyfriend for his overuse of the word 'honey' and 'sweetie' when they were what 12 or 13, if that happened in real life he would be laughed at, I don't know whta Ruthie saw in him. Overall I great show. :)))moreless

I hate this show

By trtoguz, Nov 08, 2011

I really don't understand this series.Its show us a happy American family but i don't think that is the reality.Everything there is perfect,everybody is beautiful(yes Bield is very hot but all the girls are not like her,i didn't saw any ugly girls in the show) and everything is great.They show us a idealistic world but the reality is very different .I hate the annoying morale at the end of all episodes.Sex is bad,especially before the marriage, drinking is very, very bad(no its not, i don't think that i am an alcoholic if i drink some beers with my friends sometimes).moreless

Load More Reviews