Action

Show Reviews (12)

Great

Best satire on Hollywood ever made in any medium.

By gbradt, May 29, 2006

There has never been a show like this and I don't think there ever will be again. Must be seen to be believed, and even then it's hard to believe that the powers-that-be allowed it to be aired. Amazing writing, biting wit, and wry delivery by Jay Mohr and Illeana Douglas gave us a rare jewel of a show. Gut-busting, on-the-mark satire from beginning to end, including some amazing self-parody by the likes of Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock and Salma Hayak.moreless

By tshooteara16, Apr 13, 2006

Action is an excellent show. it is far better than any of todays shows.i wish that someone would put the series out on good quality dvds. i am certain that many individuals would buy the dvds.much junk shows areon dvds--why can't a quality showlike this one be on dvds?? thanks for the space tosay thesefew words.

one of the funniest shows ever

By falderich, Feb 16, 2006

It's really a shame this show had such a short life, it was just great. I could not stop laughing during each episode. Peter Dragon was a real sob, the kind you'd just love until you met him. It was a sad day for the industry of enterteinmet when this show got cancelled

A treasure too good and true for this world.

By Lazercatz, Feb 06, 2006

This viciously funny show should have been required vewing for any kid who ever told their parents they dreamed of going into "show biz." The performances, writing and directing were surgically precise as they vivisected the bloated, diseased body of the modern entertainment industry.

If this series ever comes out on DVD be prepared to back over your grandmother to get it.

It's what Peter Dragon would have wanted.

Great News!!!

By momosity, Dec 17, 2005

"Action" is coming to DVD on February 21, 2006!!!

This comes straight from the star himself, Jay Mohr, via email. He also does a weekly column on Sports Illustrated's website, si.com, for his true fans. Also, to sign up for his newsletter, check out JayMohr.com.

And there was much rejoicing. :)

Tell me Whyyyy? Why Did they took it from the air?

By RayLizard, Oct 19, 2005

Funny as a really funny show (yeah, not the best expresion but accurate).

Jay Mohr is hilarious and this show is a clear proof of that.

It had the oddest characters, presented in a Seinfeld-esque way (although they weren't in an ordinary life situacion but the characters were complitely bizarre but believable at the same time (you could see them as people).

Anyways what I'm saying is: Why Did They Took If Off? One of the great ones that didn't make it.

Funniest show ever!!!

By Stec13, Oct 17, 2005

Why oh why does FOX always cancel the their best shows before they have a chance to gain an audience?? Maybe because Action was far ahead of it's time but it was & still is the funniest live comedy show ever to hit the tv set. Jah Mohr was freaking rude, crude and so damn hilarious and his sidekick whore omg she was the bomb not too mention all the amazing guest stars! This show was never even given a chance and so badly deserves a second look if not on Fox, HBO or another cable network should pick it up it will surely be a hit today! Bring back action!moreless

Thank god bootlegs exist.

By rdhaynes, Sep 05, 2005

This was, bar none, the best show I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the powers that be in Hollywood must think it hits a little too close to home, because this series has been blacklisted, and the studio has no plans to ever let this series see the light of day on DVD.

That's fine. There are countless sources of bootlegs out there for this. I'm on my third copy.

Brilliant satire and a biting episodes make this show one of the best you'll never have the opportunity to see.moreless

By blindhomer, Aug 30, 2005

I cried when this masterpiece was 86ed! Yes,masterpiece!One of my top ten fav. shows of all time!Dripping with irony,saturated with analytical,poignant humour,Action combined superb writing,casting,and acting(a true niche for Jay Mohr) to produce a comedic,cutting edge view of Hollywood.

Hooker's,homo's,rehab,whacko's,pimps,drug,gangster's,and all imaginable wierdness and perversion,along with some excellent cameo's,kept Action fast paced,as well as courageously funny.

That Action made it on to conventional television at all remains a source of amazement.Perfectly suited for late night cable,Action might have lived longer,but sadly,suffered the same sad fate as the simmilar Fat Actress,also brilliant and daring.Other ,similar,quality shows spoofing telvision and Hollywood are (were)Larry Sanders and Beggers and Choosers,but Action was the hardest hitting,and remains my fav......Please bring it back,and while you're at it......Sledgehammer......

moreless