AfterMASH

Fair
6.2

reciew

By noman, Dec 06, 2013

A tired old comedy series which went on too long finally ended; so take the bright idea of taking three characthers {not main ones of course} and keep the old premise of a con man; a old regualr and a priest in the aftermath of a Forgotten War-Plus an updated Hawkeye {Minus his drinking} plus a moronic adminstrator even Worse than frank Burns and the result is nothing!

A good show about (part of) the M*A*S*H*

By scrubs_fan76, Apr 27, 2008

I think it would have been better with Hawkeye, but it was still a pretty good show. A little early though. If it would have come later, then it probably would have been more appriciated. I have not seeb nany epis, but from what I know it is a great show. Mostly good, worth your time and pretty good plotlines. Same kind of humor is used, so it is kinda reminiscent of M*A*S*H*. Kinda fun seeing the characters again. I was suprised to see all the negative reviews and ratings. Not the best show and would have liked more ofthe original characters, but still. It's kinda like M*A*S*H*. You still knew what you were watching.moreless

Released shortly after the demise of everyone's favorite long running Korean war based sit-com, After MASH came a little too soon and failed to offer enough of the old MASH we all knew and loved.

By tmkreutzer, Jul 30, 2007

MASH was a show that grew and changed with the times. Based on the outrageously funny movie of the same name, the show began as a real continuation of its big screen basis; filled with the slap stick antics of Hawkeye and Trapper John as they fought the establishment and tried to stay sane. Those first shows bear only a passing resemblance to the insightful, sensitive but still witty shows that came towards the end of the series. Clearly more than the sum of its parts, MASH was special and any sequel would have to be too.

"After MASH" could have been a good continuation of MASH's legacy but came too soon after the original went off the air. Moreover, the ensamble cast that MASH had built up and fleshed out over the years was almost totaly stripped away and only three characters managed to make it to the sequel. Without any of the old favorites on board, and none of the counter culture humor that MASH was built upon, After MASH died quickly.

Frankly, I don't think the show was a real stinker in its own right so I won't slam it. I think the shows I saw were all good enough, but they did fail to measure up to the originals. In a time when the original series was still very fresh in everyone's minds, and still regularly being viewed in syndication, anything less worthy with the MASH name attached to it was doomed to failure.

Would I like to see a MASH reunion? Yes, as a one time reunion featuring all of the characters as they have aged, but not as a series. The original was good enough so I don't think we can or need to go back.moreless

Why God, Oh why, did they make a sequel to M*A*S*H* ??

By SoylentYellow, Apr 11, 2007

Next on my "Ill Conceived Sequels that Tried to Milk Every Last Dime from a Classic TV Show Tour 2007" is AfterMASH.

When M*A*SH* ended after so many years with that classic scene where Hawkeye looks down from a helicopter to see GOODBYE that BJ spelled with rocks, that should have been the end of it...

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they couldnt leave well enough alone and ended up with this dried up husk of show featuring Colonel Potter, Klinger and Mulcahy. Amazingly enough it limped into a second season before the axe fell on it. All copies of this should be gathered up and launched into the Sun - never to be see again.

For the reason they tried to milk a classic with a vapid sequel - I award AfterMASH, which left a bad AfterTASTE in my mouth, a 1.0.moreless

I don't remember it much, but without pierce it had to have been great.

By kevinb4444, Mar 14, 2007

I would have loved that show, I think I have seen it but just forgot. I would love for them bring it back so I can see it again. It has most of the characters I liked, and left out the people I didn't like the whiny liberal pierce. I think that was a great idea showing what they did after the war. The last episode of Mash Potter was going to retire, but you know that character isn't the kind of guy to retire. I would love to see it again, because it sounds like it could have been just as good as Mash, if not better. I wish I could remember this show more.moreless

I can't say it's my favorite.

By JLU51306, Jan 22, 2007

it's a good show, this show tryed to bring back mash, and that's what makes it a good show they have some of the old characters from the first mash, and I can't say much about it cause I never really saw it, but if they showed reruns I would have watched it, they should be thanked for making mash last a little longer, it sounds good.

this was a bad idea

By CAPNDEL, Jun 07, 2006

i was really young when this show came out. like 8 or 9, but i was still old enough to know, that mash was way beyond it's prime. i was probably on 4 or 5 seasons too long. then some genius came up with an even dumber idea. aftermash, why dear god why? of course most people only got three channels in those days, so i guess i shouldn't be suprised it lasted a while at least.

Someone bring this show back!

By dgrim85, May 04, 2006

Although I was very young when the show aired and can only remember it vaguely, I do remember it being a welcomed replacement for the loss of MASH. The current syndication contract for MASH is held by the Hallmark Channel. It would be quite nice if the network would see its way clear to bring this show out of mothballs.