Agatha Christie's Poirot

Show Reviews (21)

Great

Just as I imagine

By moon33, Nov 17, 2014

I used to read Agatha Christie as a teenager and was delighted when the BBC make this series. David Suchet is Poirot just as I imagine it. The team working on the series did they're homework. The other players are beautifully portrait. Captain Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp and Miss Lemon are just as convincing as Poirot. The costumes and locations are great. I can say the same about Agatha Christie Marple

Love both series. I hope they do a series based on the novels that don't have Poirot or Marplemoreless

Christies Series 13 ??

By coldcoldground, Nov 14, 2013

Where can we find this in the over a hundred countries have aired it but I cannot get it and have searched for

Where or where Poirot are you?

The Little Four

By patrickhyndma, Nov 03, 2013

those of you who liked this need to read the book. the book the big four is epic. true international intreage Poirot is great as always and all the charictures are wonderful to see return. the episode was great and i love Sacket and all the charicture. the story was butchered. i am so disappointed, i waited for this all year and it was totally anti climatic. really if you all really liked this that much you should read the book it blows this episode away.moreless

Great programme!!!

By springflower46, Jan 27, 2013

I just love Poirot but has anyone noticed the blue car in EVERY episode? Is this on purpose?

One the best shows ever made. From the golden age of british tv, it's one of the most well planned and executed series ever made. The attention to detail is extraordinary.

By Filipe-M, Jun 03, 2011

Poirot starts with a great script, the famous Poirot novels and short stories by Agatha Christie, and manages to complete it with an excellent performance by the cast and the direction.

Modern shows like Sopranos & co. can't even begin to achieve the quality that this show created. In fact, I'm still wondering what people find so extraordinary in modern shows, and the fact is, the only reason people watch them is because they┬┤re new and they constantly break taboos, there's absolutely nothing more to them. Mad Men is horrible, Sopranos wasn't more than ok and the new "Crime Investigation" series, such as CSI are just schools for psychopaths.

Poirot, however, moved far beyond redundant entertainment and created something unique that made it eternal and gave it a place that no other show was able to take.

My only regret in regards to the cast in Poirot is that they haven't been used more often in other shows, in particular David Suchet (plays Hercule Poirot), since it is obvious he's a very good actor and capable of much more than incessant repeats and small (thirdiary ?) rolls.

I give it 10 / 10.moreless

A one-of-a-kind masterpiece.

By MissLemonsHat, Jan 02, 2011

A simply brilliant show. David Suchet never fails to deliver an endearing and powerful performance as Hercule Poirot, the most entertaining (mostly because he\'s so unintentionally humorous) and ingenious Belgian detective the screen has ever seen. Overall, the show balances drama, comedy, tragedy, and romance well - so just about everyone should be pleased. With a great supporting cast of Pauline Moran as the lovely Miss Lemon, Hugh Fraser as the forever-perplexed Captain Hastings, and Philip Jackson as the gruff but kind Chief Inspector Japp; \"Poirot\" really is a rare gem that'll steal your heart.moreless

To sum it up: You can`t beat Poirot!

By avi01, Jan 02, 2011

Talk about brilliance, that what this show is all about. The acting, writing and stories, all perfectly executed, you gotta love Poirot.

The writing is so complex, you have to pay attention to every single detail and dialogs. David Suchet does an amazing job as the funny looking but yet classy Hercule Poirot.

You can`t beat him, I`ve tried so many times, on the edge of my seat looking for the guilty , you expect something but bang, you get another.

The plot are always superbly set up....the stories well executed, it`s almost full satisfaction most of the time. They build up amazing episodes and never let you down with the ending like so many shows does.

Hats off, you`ve got a masterpiece here.moreless

ahh these little gray cells, mon a mie!!!!

By mrsgrissom123, Jan 02, 2011

Poirot is got to be one of the best classic tv shows around. i love the character of poirot and david suchet does a great job of playing him!!!! i like the fact its set in about the 1930's, i love the costumes, cars etc. agatha christie was a great writer and the poirot stories are great. my fave at the mo (as i have not seen them all yet) is death on the nile and also murder on the orient express, however david suchet does not play poirot in the tv adaption, so it would be great if they filmed this one with him. Poirot is a great programme and i cant wait until they film the few more that is left.moreless

Poirot seasons 10 and 11 - sorry to be so harsh in my rating, but it is because I love Poirot and feel very strongly about the direction it is taking.

By marinabrovak, Jan 02, 2011

Topic: Poirot seasons 10 and 11 - the quality of music and with it the drama. I do not propose to discuss the choices made by script writers, although there is no doubt much to be said on the subject. I feel very strongly about the quality of music (or rather the lack of it) that divides seasons 10 and 11 from the previous seasons. There's been enough mentioning of big budgets and lavish settings, so there is no excuse for a 100% digital orchestra and the monotonous diatonic characterless musical accompaniment that completely spoils the latest episodes.

How could this happen when only recently, in season 9 (2004) we still had beautiful emotional music in '5 little pigs' and 'Death on the Nile', not to mention the older episodes, such as 'Hickory Dickory Dock' or 'Murder on the Links' that are practically brought to life by the music. Even the short episodes in seasons 1-3 and 5 are full of charm and character much owed to the beautifully crafted music. I doubt that the absence of Christopher Gunning is the only reason for this - perhaps the real reason is that producers requested a digital score to be delivered with all possible speed ? Is there no production that can resist this epidemic that sweeps the entire film industry? Poirot deserves to be an exception for the sake of continuity if nothing else.moreless

I like the style of this episode and the series in general is taking. It has a mysteric athmosphere, and I think that is what they're trying to create.

By AvadaKedavraNL, Nov 03, 2008

If I recall it well, this is the episode where Poirot says "Mademoiselle, something ...". He said it so quickly, that I heard "Mademoiselle Something". I am not sure if they did that on purpose, or not, but for me it was a comic moment.

They do try to add humor to the series, in a way without of course turning it into a comedy.

Unfortunately they failed with miss Marple, the new one just isn't cast right !

David Suchet has done what Jeremy Brett has done with Holmes (eventhough I wonder what Downey Jr. will make of it), they are the personification of the character in the books, excellent casting was done for these 2.

The last 2 seasons were already excellent, not just a TV-series, no, they're now making 4 movies per year, since they have that quality.moreless

Load More Reviews