30 Seconds

Episode Reviews (17)

Superb

Not as good as I had hoped

By vicky24c, Sep 19, 2010

I think that the reason why I was so disappointed with this episode, is because I had waited for it to download(4 days) and then it wasnt as good as the previous three had been. The other 12 episodes in the seaosn so far have be brilliant, and yet I felt let down by this one. Although it was good when *SPOLIER* when Anna (as Sydney)stabbed Renne (sorry I cant spell) and then Nadia died. Now we know that there is onyl one death left to come in the few episodes that are left of this brilliant show. "Alias" is brilliant, and yet I was kinda let down by this episode.

I hope the rest are better.moreless

A strong episode. It was nice to have Mia Maestro back.

By Tim_Bronx, Sep 19, 2010

It was nice to have Nadia back this episode. The scene with her and Jack riding in the car spying on Sloane was fun. "I see you finally bought the Ford Hybrid" was a reference back to episode 4.10 when Jack discussed thinking about buying one. I'm beginning to believe the theory that Nadia is Jack's real daughter. When Jack said to her "Sloane isn't your only family" it seemed like he genuinely meant it and it seems Jack has grown close to Nadia. Also in the season four season finale Irina also hinted to Jack that Nadia might be his daughter. The real question though is will we ever know with the series final two episodes away.

I don't know if it was just me but Mia Maestro's acting seemed to have improved since the last time we saw her. Maybe working on 'Poseidon' helped her. In her final scene after she discovered Page 47 in Sloane's office her pain and disappointment seemed very raw and real. Ron Rifkin actually brought the scene down for me, which is strange because usually he's on top of things. The scene still worked out fine though. I admit, it looked a little unbelievable that Sloane pushing Nadia out of the way sent her flying back into that glass table but it still worked out good. I'm very happy Sloane is bad again even though it did bring the death of Nadia. It wouldn't be the end of Alias and all things Rimbaldi if Sloane didn't return to his Rimbaldi obsessive evil self.

And evil Sydney kills her first victim. The way she brutally sliced Renee's throat was shocking and I can't remember the last Alias episode where we had where two important characters died(if there ever was one). I predict as we get closer to the finale more blood will be shed. I hope we get some sort of happy ending for Sydney though.

All in All it was a strong episode and I enjoyed having Mia Maestro back for the short time she was with us again.

Final Notes and Quotes

- Vaughn didn't make an appearance in this episode.

-30 seconds references to the amount of time Nadia had to be dead for in between when Sloane stopped her heart and gave her the antidote/special Rimbaldi medicine.

-Two deaths in Alias followed by two deaths in Lost. Considering both shows are produced by many of the same people that's a mighty big coincidence.

-I am in mourning for Renee. While her character didn't provide a lot to the story she certainly was entertaining.

-Marshall:"...Oh I see, it's a secret."

Final Rating: 3 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronxmoreless

Can Alias season 5 get any better? This episode is amazing, with Nadia back for a full episode.

By Awsumdave5, Sep 19, 2010

Ok, so here we go again. This particular episode did deal a lot with character development, mostly centered around Sloane. The page Anna demanded was Rambaldi's page 47, the creepy page with Sydneys face on it, we don't know why they want it yet, but we did find out that there is a hidden message under it. And who doesn't love Nadia back in the show? We have missed her for a while, and here she is. When she was suspicious of her father, she couldn't find enough proof, so she decided to give him another chance. This resulted in Nadia's inevitable death. Also, we learn Sloane has ultimatley chosen the dark road as his destiny now that he has betrayed and killed the ones he loved.

Wow, thats all I can say. These episodes keep getting better, and more intense, I can't wait to see more.moreless

Sloane awakens Nadia from her coma.

By Alias2001, Jan 29, 2007

This episode is one of the best episodes ever. It was so dramatic. It was very entertaining to watch. I cannot believe Nadia and Renee died. I knew there were going to be several deaths before the series ended, but I was so shocked to see Renee die, in this episode anyway. It was so good. I was on the edge of my seat. This episode was very entertaining. I loved watching this episode so much. This episode is a fine example and it is the reason I watch this show. This episode is definately a series classic. It is the perfect intallment.moreless

O.K. so eveyone's looking for Anna, Sloane reverts to his Rambaldi obsession, and Renee' is taken out by Anna (as Sydney)

By sg305dx, May 07, 2006

Did anyone notice in the scene where Nadia throws page 47 into the fire that when the Rambaldi symbol appears, it frames the necklace around the figure on the page? You can see it on slo-mo replay. Bet it is a key to the end-game (maybe even the "horizon"?

And who IS she? We already know it isn't Syd. Not Irina either. That leaves... Anna E. (as Syd) or...?????

Awesome episode

By ElitePararescue, May 06, 2006

One of the top episodes of Alias has ever shown. Alot of stuff happened in this episode. Arvine Sloane accidentally killing Nadia to assume his quest and obsession with Rambaldi's work, Renee getting killed by Anna who she thinks was Sydney, etc. Anyways, in that episode, despite the death of Nadia, it was great seeing Nadia back again. It was also great seeing Arvin Sloan's commitment to his Rambaldi's question and that he's willing to betray his very loved ones. The only flaw part of the episode was that it sort of lacked some Amy Acker, but other than that, everything was great. And oh yeah one more thing, Renee and Thomas were great together!moreless

What An Episode! So much, so good, so fast...but I\'m not entirely satisfied.

By Sarcaustic, May 05, 2006

Overall this was a fantastic episode, the twists and turns were great (though in retrospect not that surprising). The death of Mia Maestro\'s character, Nadia while entirely essential in its catalysis of Sloane\'s reversion to his evil older self, leaves the show slightly bereft of some aesthetic pleasure (though there is enough left to compensate). Renée Rien on te he other hand should not have been killed off...her character had hardly developed and it seems that she was only killed to add some weight to Sloane\'s soliloquy at the end.

Moreover the Anna Espinosa-Sydney clone has somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for this part of the story. Gina Torres was sublime in her portrayal of the character and her appearance elevated the show - the scenes between Anna and Sydney in \"There\'s Only One Sydney Bristow\" were outstanding, the clone isn\'t much of a replacement. As another reviewer commented, this may have been essential due to the shorter length of this final series. That said, this is Alias we\'re talking about, anything could happen...I may just get to see more exciting scenes between the two arch-nemeses after all.

Don\'t get me wrong this is still a very good episode, I just expect more from Alias. All in all, a superb episode (with a little bit of lazy writing).moreless

The long expected twist

By falderich, May 05, 2006

We got nadia back, at least for a while. This was an exciting episode, plus an important one on the main history, but there are a number of things that really buged me.

I understand Nadia\'s killing as an important catalist for Sloan to \"follow his path\", we saw that before with Emily\'s death, but Reneé\'s was completely unnecesary, plus she is supposed to be top of the line, how the hell did she not realize Sidney was wearing different clothes? The whole operation was a big fiasco, I mean, let\'s be a little consistent, operation a lot harder and with far fewer resources go well.

Again, the whole cloning bussiness is getting old, come on, at least they could try original ideas.

And how about Vaughn? We saw him two episodes ago, and apart for like 4 words on last one, nothing.

Last but not least, I must insist, Sark should be backmoreless

WOW!! What a rollercoaster ride of plot twists and prophecies!

By dolphin_intern, May 04, 2006

Alias' final episodes are really shaping to be the best in the series.

This episode was amazing simply enough said. Even though I don't like Monica Breen & Allison Schapker's writing that much they did an awesome job on this episode.

It was exactly like the Alias of old and I loved every minute of it. I don't want to give anything away but this episode will make you very sad.

I just can't wait for the series finale but I don't want Alias to end.moreless

Load More Reviews