I See Dead People

Episode Reviews (18)

Superb

The stage has been set...

By cavanagh15, Aug 16, 2010

The stage has been set for the final episodes of the series. Only three episodes remain and everything is beginning to fall into place. However, this episode did take things a little while to devolop and because of that the entire epsiode was played at a slower pace then most Alias episodes.

The other half of the chip being implanted into Vaughns skin confuses me to no end. With how many times we have seen him in the hospital its hard for me to imagine that with all of the x-rays they all happened to miss the chip inserted into his body.

Once again Anna leaves Sydney a chance to escape. Instead of putting a bullet in between her eyes she leaves her wide open to jump out of the exploding truck. But that could be just being picky.

The scenes with Arvin Sloane and Nadia were not that great. She basically just told us what kind of a person he is and how he is just like all the rest of the bad guys. There was really nothing that I took away from the scenes other then they were used as a filler for the episode.

Vaughn and Sydney back together is good for the remaining episodes of the season. They have everything they need to take down Prophet Five now, so hopefully the writing picks up for the remaining episodes.moreless

Great episode.

By farscapefanuk, May 22, 2007

In this episode Marshall reports to Jack that that a microchip, found in Eenee Rienne's body, is etched with the name 'Andre Micheaux'. Meanwhile Peyton tells Slone that Sydney is being sent to Nepal to meet with Vaughn who is still alive. Slone sends Anna who now looks likr Sydney to intercept. Marshall then dicovers the APO office is being bugged, Jack frantically tries to rfeach Sydney to earn her before it is too late. Overall this was a great episode it was very exciting and it sets up the final few episodes extremly well. This really was a fantastic season, i'm glad Vaughn is back he was away too long.moreless

Great Episode and nice to see Syd and Vaughn back together.

By twiggbert, Apr 23, 2007

I loved this episode b/c of the Syd/Vaughn reunion. I thought Jennifer Garner did a fantastic job of playing herself and Anna impersonating Sydney. One of my favorite parts was when the fake Sydney is removing the chip from Vaughn's chest and he asks her about Isabelle. I love the part when she says, "But her chin is pointy like mine. It's cute." I also love when fake Sydney tells Vaughn that she always said that Sydney was too good for him. It shows Anna's respect for Sydney even though they are enemies. There was one error that kind of bugged me. When Fake Syd and Vaughn are sitting outside the jewelers trying to figure out their plan, Fake Syd asks Vaughn how he wants to handle it. And he responds "like we did in Cartegena." He later reveals that he and Syd never went to Cartegena. But in the Season 2 episode, "Countdown" where Dixon flips out and pretends to blow everyone up after his wife is killed, Syd and Vaughn are both on that mission which was in Cartegena. So Vaughn's little test for the Fake Sydney was wrong.moreless

Today we got to see the evil side of Jennifer Garner and boy did I have fun.

By Tim_Bronx, Jun 24, 2006

Today we got to see the evil side of Jennifer Garner and boy did I have fun. It was nice getting to see new expressions from her that we've never seen before. I thought Jennifer Garner did a great job acting as Ana. Seeing her act cold and ruthless was strange and enticing at the same time. I thought the death of Ana felt a little bit too rushed though, but I guess they don’t have that much time to waste with the finale being only one episode away.

Watching Ana act as Sydney kissing Vaughn was very creepy. I loved though how that by the end of the episode Vaughn had already figured out it wasn't Sydney. I just wonder why, if he knew all along it wasn’t her, did he go along with her? I guess he figured playing Ana’s game was the only way he would get more answers about Prophet 5. Vaughn has showed his willingness to do whatever it takes to get answers (working with a criminal on C.I.A.'s Most Wanted list for example).

So Mia Maestro isn't completely out of the picture, which I suspected since I read in an interview she was coming back for about four episodes. I was a bit disappointed that she was still actually "dead" but the ghost thing was interesting. Nadia evidently was Sloane's unconscious speaking out and it did give good insight onto what Sloane was thinking. Sloane still obviously feels guilty for Nadia's death and he is also starting to suspect that after he outlives his usefulness to Prophet 5 they will get ride of him. Is that why Sloane is lying to them about what is really on the Rimbaldi page? Because he is “Prophet 5’s pawn”?

The fight scene between Ana and Vaughn was enjoyable, (I bet Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan never expected to have a fight scene against each other), and it was fun seeing Vaughn back in action although eventually if Sydney hadn't came to his rescue he would have been killed. The one thing that I do like from Ana's sudden death is that Sydney now will get to play her greatest alias yet: herself, well an evil version of herself.

Overall it was another solid 'Alias' episode.

Final Quotes and Notes

-Julian Sark is back and apparently working with Sloane again on his Rimbaldi quest.

-The room filled with everything about Prophet 5 was interesting. I wonder if they will find anything useful in there.

-ASS asked Tom when the last time was he went to the movies. Could they be heading towards a romance? Not that I honestly care, but I'm sure some viewers would be interested in.

-What was Sydney stuck in when the car was set on fire? It seemed like she kept looking down as if her feet were caught in something but the camera never showed us what she was looking at.

-"I See Dead People" refers to both Nadia and Vaughn, who practically everybody in the cast still thought was dead.

-Vaughn: “Just for the record, you’re a terrible kisser."

Final Rating: 3 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx

Find this review and many others at: www.motionpicturereviews.com

moreless

One of the more better written episodes the season, good to see some of the better older character back in action , but a lack of action and excitment ruined it all.

By goodVSevil122, May 21, 2006

It\'s great to see vaughn back and, to see most characters back in thier oringinal habits, but i found it oddly boering, I love Alias as much as the huge alias fan but compared to the seemily ausome action packed perview, it wasn\'t that great. I Know like 300 people are going to disagree with me but i just pary that the finally will be more excite maybe like the old days.

Finally the show goes back to being, oh, I don\'t know, WRITTEN instead of just implausibly thrown-together.

By PVauthor, May 14, 2006

Really. It\'s almost as if Alias is back. Not season 1 or 2 high-quality JJ Abrams-Alias, but Season 3 just-before-the-show-tanked Alias.

My guess? Since the crew found out the show got canceled, all bets are off, they can finally mention Rambaldi, and get to tie off every loose end from 5 seasons prior. Better yet, they seem to have broken the \"do not open \'till show\'s canceled\" box and gotten out an Abrams plot outline for the series\' endgame. Sloane never never worked as a good guy (nor did the fact that he could switch sides, what is it...CIA, SD6, private terrorism, charity, private terrorism again, APO, private terrorism, APO, now Profit 5...times no harm, no foul) so the show\'s much more watchable with him in his proper place.

Here\'s what I don\'t get: Anna Espinosa dies in this episode. The headshot goes way beyond what Francine\'s clone in season 2 could come back from even with Rambaldi\'s \"special\" medicine. But I had expected Anna as clone-Sidney to \"render the greatest power unto utter desolation\" or whatnot; in a clone of Sidney\'s body, Anna could fulfill Rambaldi\'s prophecy from page 47. Now how are they going to wrap things up?

But for the first time all season, I\'m willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt.moreless

Best episode of the season!

By WickedCat, May 13, 2006

So far this is one of the best episodes of the season.

Anna is Syndey's double, Vaughn's back, and Nadia's ghost is haunting Sloane. Amy Acker keeps getting better every episode with her role as Kelly Peyton. I loved her as Fred on Angel and I enjoy her role as Kelly Peyton.

Sydeny arrives at the airport in Nepal is picked up by Anna's accomplice. Jack phones and informs her of that there was a security breach and the possible intercept. When Anna's accomplice suggests that they help a stranded stranger, Sydney elbows him and tries to grab the wheel. The stranger fires gunshots at them and the jeep veers off the road and into a ravine.

Trapped under the car, Sydney watches as Anna takes the chip from her backpack. Anna says she's going to pay Vaughn a visit and sets the jeep on fire. Sydney escapes in time of course.

Anna arrives in Vaughn's hideout and tells him about the chip. Vaughn points to a scar on his shoulder, and says his father told him was from a bike accident. He lets Anna open the scar and embedded is another chip with Renee's name on it. The put the chip together and they put it into a computer and a map of a Hamburg bunker comes up. They go to Hamburg together. They go to a jewelry store near the bunker. Vaughn suggests they do what they did in Cartagena and Anna says she'll follow his lead.

Anna holds up the shop owner as Vaughn enters the bunker. As he he looking through all the stuff, Anna arrives and points a gun at Vaughn. She pulls the trigger but Vaughn had taken out the clip and they fight. As Anna is about to kill Vaughn, Sydney comes to the rescue and shoots Anna dead.

Sydeny and Vaughn realize that files contain Vaughn's father's research on Prophet Five. Anna's phone rings and Sydney answers. Pretending to be Anna, she sets a meeting with Kelly. Before Sydney leaves, she embraces Vaughn and says goodbye once again. Sydeny, posing as Anna, posing as Sydeny, gets in the car with Kelly and tells her Sydeny is dead.She hands Kelly Renee's microchip.

moreless

A great episode, witch brings back even more familiar faces,

whilst throwing in a few surprises along the way.

By deanbauer, May 12, 2006

I have to say that I’ve been extremely impressed with this series since its return following Garner’s pregnancy and this episode is no exception.

The action was as fast paced as ever with Sydney flying to Nepal and Germany on the hunt for any leads on a micro-chip found in Renee’s body. Things are complicated when APO discover that Sloane has compromised their networks, which eventually leads Anna Espinosa (Sydney’s double) to the evidence first.

Although the episode felt a little predictable at times, with Anna getting to Vaughn before Sydney and the other half of the evidence being implanted in Vaughn, it still managed to maintain the degree of suspense and intrigue, which is expected from Alias.

It was great to see Sydney finally better her evil twin Anna and I’m hoping that she’s actually dead now, as I think her character has run its course. I think her death has made way for an even more intriguing villain, in the form of Julian Sark, who showed his face earlier in the series. His role in Rambaldi’s endgame is shrouded with mystery, since his agenda is unclear, though it is obvious that Sloane has recruited him and needs him for something.

Also with Sydney becoming a double agent again, it really tips the scales in favour of APO for the first time this series. Maybe we’ll finally learn what Sloane is really up to?

I also enjoyed the advancement of Rachel’s character. She was once again fazed by the goings on in her job and forced to question whether or not she could handle her work at APO. It is refreshing to see that the new additions to the cast this season are not simply “taking a back seat,” despite this being the shows final hurrah. They are all interesting characters and I can see more twists and turns surrounding them yet!!!

A pretty decent episode I thought; a little predictable; yes, but still good enough to keep me watching. The remaining episodes have a lot to live up to and I’m sure the team won’t give us anything under par.

Good but predictable

By angelspinknose, May 12, 2006

The computer chip thing was a little predictable. Sydney finally killing Anna was priceless. I actually screamed out yes! Sydney knowing Vaughn was still alive I did not see coming. Vaughn knowing it was Anna and not Sydney was great. I'm waiting for the episode where they kill Payton. She gets on my last nerve. Didn't like her on Angel don't like her on this show.

Load More Reviews