Alias

Show Reviews (449)

Great

JJ Abrams, the man!

By Pnascimento, Feb 12, 2014

What word come to mind when it comes to JJ Abrams? LOST! Ok, Lost is a good show despite the lame ending (to say the least). But it all started with Alias, one of the best action series of this new century. Good plot, good acting and Jennifer Garner... Jennifer (sigh)!

I'm glad the madness is over

By BreezyTM, Apr 02, 2013

I am not sure why this show is rated an 8.8 but I guess there are awfully a lot of clueless people in this world. I like action movies and shows. I was recently introduced to the show and since I got far to like season two I felt like I had to watch the rest but I must of admit the show was really pathetic and predictable. It's just not realistic. I hate the fact that Sidney always wins every fights. I hate the fact that Sidney talks to her superiors as if she's in charge. Like in real life agents don't have any of the authorities they portrait her to have. And for a computer engineer I feel stupid when they are in missions and they coming with these weird technologies. Their tech can hack to any system. He is do brilliant that he is knowledgeable in basically anything known to man kind. On top of that why can't no one of these people died. They get shot or stab but wake up in recovering. The bad guy gets shot but wakes up in the morgue. Next time as a producer you have some nonesense imaginary crap such as this fairy tail, please keep to yourself.

GPS tracker in form of liquid. Transmit data over laser. Really? And please can someone tell me how Sydney found Vaungh and Anna in the basement when no one knew where they were. Please can someone tell me how Anna has an unloaded gun in her hands and about to shoot Vaughn and then realized it was empty. She's an agent. There is a weight differences between a loaded gun and an unloaded gun. This show was just a joke.

If you someone like me who are into these kind of shows, check out Homeland.moreless

ALIAS

By JessicaEccles1, Jul 09, 2012

this is my favourite show in the world you should make another season or even a hole different series with her kids or maybe even a completely different serious sort of the same but different people you should mack one about a kid double agent that would be so good.

I LOVE THIS SHOW.

this show is based on a double agent this tv show is great cause theres love and action and some times scary. you fall in love with the characters.

i told all my friends about this show and now its there favourite show you should really watch ALIASmoreless

Well...

By mmvd, Jul 03, 2012

...the first season was the best, for sure! Sydney's connection to her father, SD-6, and the death of her husband-to-be. Then the second season with the whole mother-story. Then the cliffhanger of the second season was mean! Sydney's all alone in an asian city! Then the fact, that she was passed out for about two years. Vaughn's married now and yeah..Then the third season wasn't as good as the 1st or 2nd. But the story with Lauren was interesting. Then the fourth season kinda started to bore me! The mission's were always interesting and cool to watch! But now it's annyoing! OK, the story with Nadia was okaay! Not more, not less. And I didn't even watch the fifth season, because I was soooo BORED! Maybe, I'm gonna watch the end at some other time! But for now, I'm through with ALIAS, which was great in its beginnings!moreless

Good alternative to 24 however storylines are remain similar throughout the seasons.

By hdoornaert, Dec 14, 2011

Gotta love Marshall he makes the show what is. It is an interesting show to watch and definetely one that gripped me. However, I was dissapointed to find that the same storyline kept coming back season after season after they had seemed to move away from it. I also would have prefered it if they had kept on sark a bit more as he was by far the best villian in the series. I like the mystery aspect and this is the factor that kept me tuned in. Overall I recommend this show to anyone. And it also helps that jennifer gardner is very attractive.moreless

All the time in the world (2) Sydney, Jack and Vaughn must stop Irina, Sarke and Sloane from destroying the world.

By icarus-21, Sep 18, 2011

I really thought that with the amount of drama and time put into the Rambaldi Prophocies I thought that for the last episode things would all be explained. We only got about five minutes to reallise that in the end all Sloane wanted was to be imortal. Thats what he had been chasing all thase years.

It also never explained who the old man was at San Cielo (the prison where Sydney gets the Rose) I mean when he says 'he told you would come'did he mean Rambaldi or just the guy before him waiting to see when Sydney turned up to give her the rose (it was a necklace used to find where Rambaldis endgame would be played).

The last thing I have to say is that I'm sorry Nadia was killed it would have given Alias a more emotional deapth as at the end of the show it just shows Sydney, Vaughn, there son Jack and daughter Isabelle and friend Dixon walking off down a beach. What kind of ending is that. Normally there is somekind of voice over or something telling you what happened as I would have liked to know what happened to Prphet 5 and all the other terrorist organisations that where controlled by them. Where they brought down? Or just absorbed into other organisations?

I give it a 5/10 as Alias is over and done with but in my opinion it wasn't ended well.

luv emmamoreless

Im not here to slag this show off, it has some very good strong points, but there are substantial poor areas, which other similar shows such as 24 or prison break manage to do much strongly.

By hsfil, Sep 18, 2011

I own the boxsets to all seasons, and there are areas which are deeply shocking and very entertaining, particularly with the earlier seasons. However, the outrageous plot is simply stupid in areas, particularly with irina and how one of her friends was genetically copied. These, although on the screen are shocking and entertaining, switching on a brain cell will tell you the main character/enemies will just be duplicated. This approach means the show generally leaves more questions open than it answers, which is an excuse to continually watch episodes, however represents generally little value, considering it is ultimately very predicable. Dont get me wrong there were some areas which i enjoyed substantially, the costume and special effects are on par with 24, and the location rendering is also interesting. Perhaps the biggest flaw of this programme, is that the fundamental purpose of everything was centred on ramboldi, who i had very little interest in.moreless

Good argument with lack of military advisors

By El_Justiciero, Sep 18, 2011

I followed this show for some time and tried not to miss even one chapter. The argument was very good, really, with strange objects with some kind of powers, and Jennifer Garner had my attention all the time. Mostly with that changes of image and clothes.

But when armed action appeared they committed absurd errors and behaved as true novices. If i were their boss they all, including Sidney, will be fired.

That's the reason for the 6. Why don't they use someone for military advice? Why they do so good work with the argument and then fail so much with the action scenes?moreless

So derivative that it actually hurts

Is it La Femme Nikita? Is it Dark Angel? Is it Charlie's Angels? Is it Mission Impossible? Is it the conspiracy thread from X Files?

By TinnieMaster, Sep 18, 2011

No! It's the worst bits of all of the above. Although to be fair, it's overwhelmingly Nikita, even down to the angst ridden protagonist.

What more needs to be said? Well, on the plus side, Alias has the courage to end on cliffhangers, which makes for an interesting change. That's about it though. The acting is sadly mediocre. The main character is bland and uninteresting, and (as with Dark Angel) the actress has clearly been cast to fit a preconceived look (collagen-lips-on-stilts in this case) and not for any particular acting ability. That's a damn shame, especially when you consider that X Files showed that you don't *have* to cast valley girls to attract viewers.

The supporting cast demonstrates that you get what you pay for, although what John Hannah is doing slumming it in this mess is beyond me. The blaring score jars with the attempts at genuine tension and drama, and they are so keen to showcase the star's mediocre physical skills just because they can that they never pause to wonder if they *should*. Leave the kickboxing to Buffy, guys, it's essentially frivilous and fantastical and ruins the pretentions towards a gritty feel that you insist on putting on.

Alias gives you no reason to care about its protagonist, other than the artificial Saturday Serial cliffhangers. On tha basis alone, it should be consigned to the archives as soon as possible. Unfortunately, audiences and critics aren't just tolerating it for being the least-bad of the current slew of Men In Black shows, they are rather sadly confusing least-bad with actively good. I guess that means that we get exactly the quality of show that we deserve. Sad, sad, sad.moreless

Load More Reviews