Pit Stop

Episode Reviews (1)

Superb

Alice is fitting in?

By brunabear, Aug 24, 2006

This was another great episode of Alice, I Think; the family is faced with putting up Diane's friend, Geraldine, whom Alice calls "Pit" due to her copious armpit hair. They also have to put up with Geraldine's doom and gloom daughter, Jane, who is Alice's age.

John's grudge against Geraldine was humourous, especially since it was over an old Rush t-shirt. But Alice's interaction with Jane was the best part of the show. Jane's constant doom predictions were great, and her complete lack of enthusiasm was fantastic. "Yay. I'm going on a Mainer" said in a completely dead voice. The fact that Alice had to take Jane along with her when she was hanging out with the ultra-cool Karen Fields was good too, and it was nice to see Alice do the right thing in the end. I don't know if Alice in the books would have done that... in fact, I think she wouldn't have. But we have a slightly different Alice here on tv, and this one seems capable of thinking of others once in a while, which is good.

Overall, this was another funny episode, and everyone should watch it!moreless