Allen Gregory

Bad
3.7

Not hateable, just boring :/

By a34trgv1, Aug 27, 2015

Just to set the record straight, the cartoons are not the problem; the writing is. Animation is a medium, not a genre; just because it's a cartoon that does not devoid it of criticism (I learned that the hard way after having to sit through We Bare Bears and Pig Goat Banana Cricket). With that said, let's look at an animated series everyone "got angry about" when it first came on: Allen Gregory. For those who don't know, Allen Gregory was a short lived animated series about a boy who goes to school; this boy has homosexual parents, a sister with a fat head (giving Hey Arnold the middle finger no less) and his only friend is and awkward kid named Patrick. This show was dubbed the worst animated show of all time and it's not hard to see why. The characters are all unlikable, the animation is bland and lifeless and the jokes are nothing short of awful. While I happily agree that this is a bad show, while I was watching the episode, I was more bored than angry at what I was watching. I wasn't hoping to laugh, but I was expecting something to make me want to scream at the top of my lungs at this abomination of animation; but alas, I got nothing. Yes, the main character, Allen Gregory is not only a prick, but a very perverted child, but at the same time his has no given personality and the way Jonah Hill voices the character is so bland and uninspired I just didn't care. I'd say my least favorite character is his Dad (the bald one) because let's face it, he's a homosexual stereotype; I typical keep my distance for the LGBT subject for personal reasons, but not even I can deny how offensive this character is. There's also this running gag with Allen Gregory having a crush on his 80 something year old principle which isn't funny, but all kinds of disturbing. The last thing I want to address is the animation; and I thought Mars Need Moms had stiff looking animation. I kid you not, sometimes the background characters don't even move; not only that but the character designs just look awful. Allen Gregory looks nothing like a child (in fact he doesn't even sound like a child), his sister Janet has an abnormally large head and the rest of the characters look like awkwardly drawn people. This is bad on all accounts, but it doesn't offer anything for me to be furious at; Allen Gregory's Dad may be a homosexual stereotype, but he comes off as a minor annoyance to me because I'm straight (but trust me, if I was gay, I'd erupt like a fucking volcano). In short, Allen Gregory is a find example of how not to make an animated series; especially if it's aimed at adults. It's bland, poorly animated, horribly written and for a show that's supposed to be a comedy, it's anything but funny. I didn't even crack a smile once while I was watching this; but that's just me, I'm sure it was hilarious for Jonah Hill himselfmoreless

Better than Ret@rded CatDog

By minimew2020, May 31, 2015

The title says it all.

Funny as hell

By NdiAdahada1, Dec 03, 2014

I loved the show, i loved the ironi of it. I wish it never ended;(

The absolute worst animated show I have ever seen in my life

By LaserAlloy, Aug 13, 2014

There are no words to describe how diabolically awful this show is. I mean, this actually makes Mega Babies look better in comparison. At least Mega Babies didn't subject us to a psychotic character who wants to make a sex tape of his 80 year old principal!

I literally wanted to throw up at such a notion. What the heck were you people thinking? You're nothing more than mentally sick bastards!

Do us all a favor. Either formally apologize for this despicable travesty you made or go take a long walk off a short pier, and I mean, A LONG WALK.moreless

One of the Worst Shows in existence

By DeathKing, Aug 01, 2014

I have seen many terrible TV series, and this show ranks in my top 5 least favorite TV shows of all time. A 7 year old having sex with an old lady (the school principal) IS NOT FUNNY. The creators of this show have sick minds, and deserve to be locked up in a mental institute.

Jonah Hill sucks ass at TV

By Invader22, Jun 25, 2014

He was so sure that everybody would love the show, boy I hope that he still feels like a fucking idiot.

Awful, just awful

By Raven77, Dec 22, 2013

I did`nt even get a laugh from this show. It`s just that bad I regretted even trying to watch it to see how bad it was.

The Worst Show I Have Ever Seen

By joshuafoote14, Nov 16, 2013

Jonah Hill summoned two demons known as Richard Delongpre and Allen Gregory to destroy was he thinking? Thank goodness our Lord and Savior obliterated them both...

Hilarious

By grapsta, Apr 30, 2013

Oh man what's wrong with you people show is hilarious. I'm put Archer to one side while I finish this series how good it is. really funny. Perhaps the jokes fly a little too fast for some people. Me - I love it !

Scurrilous...

By DojinFan_2K, Mar 23, 2013

Of all the offensive kids ever depicted in an animated series (Cartman, Stewie), Allen Gregory makes even Dennis The Menace look like angels in comparison.

Allen Gregory is the absolute WORST animated show ever allowed on the Fox Network. A show about some milk and water little creep of a boy who has 2 daddies (yes, they're gay) & the various stupid situations that not even the creators of Regular Show would touch with rubber gloves on. And to top if off, the little troglodyte has a unhealthy Oedipal attachment to an ugly, obese 75-year old woman who happens to be his school's principal.

The best thing for Fox to do with this turgescent abomination of a cartoon, is to have it buried at sea, but then again, the ocean's is already polluted as is.moreless

Load More Reviews