American Dad!

Show Reviews (688)

Great

Seth's only good show now.

By teeheevee, Nov 16, 2014

Let me start off with saying that this show is way better then Family guy. But I can't just say that without some valid reasoning right? Well, American dad!, on the humor part, relies on satires, rather than on Family guy's cut away gags ( now don't get me wrong, Family guy used to be really good, but it got to crude and just plain unfunny in my opinion ). Also, while Family guy nowadays relies more on is crude, overused, and plain unfunny humor. American dad! does have funny humor. Not to mention its unique and lovable cast:

Stan Smith: a heavily conservative CIA agent, husband and father, who often clashes with his family because of his point of views and attitudes. Can be quick-witted, and will stop at nothing to ''keep America pure''

Francine Smith: Basically the trophy wife of the family. She is usually at the house, but there are occasions where she is willing to do something different, sometimes with the help of Roger.

Roger Smith: Undoubtly the funniest character on the show. Roger is a zany alien who is most of the time drunk, takes reckless decisions, and acts like a mentor to Steve. He has made countless alter egos, who bring him in trouble at times, but also bring great humor to the show.

Steve Smith: The youngest son of Francine and Stan. He is the nerdy and wimpy kid of the show. He tries to come over as confident to his peers, though he (possibly?) suffers from low esteem. However, he is very loyal to his friends and family, and will help them with anything, even if he will get hurt in the process. He's also very smart and wise.

Hayley Smith: Stan and Francine's eldest daughter. She is ultra liberal, and usually spends her time either smoking weed, protesting against things or helping the homeless. But don't let her nice side fool you, cause she has a temper and knows how to stand up for herself.

Klaus Heissler: A german skier who switched brains with a goldfish, and is now in a goldfish's body. He is found in either his fishbowl, or he is dragging around in a dish with water. He is usually treated like a outcast. Also, Klaus usually has dark behaviour, and plans witty evil schemes on those who do things to him unexpectly.

So yeah, that's the basic outline of the characters. If you thought the characters sounded great, the plots are just as great! The plotlines are very enjoyable to watch, and each episode has new humor or other ideas added in. One episode had Stan buying a hot tub, to relieve all his stress, amd Not to mention the awesome voices and designs the characters have, even the background/minor characters!

All in all, this is a hilarious show with much uniqueness added in its characters, humor, plots and art. A show that handles satire humor excellent.

10/10

moreless

At least This Show Did Not Tank After Family Guy Did In Season 10-11-12

By NatT96, Sep 05, 2014

Family Guy's recent episodes contain flat jokes and burned out comedy.

American Dad! recent episodes are pure comedy.

Seth MacFarlane colpisce ancora!

By gabrielefacchini7, Aug 07, 2014

American Dad la mia seconda serie televisiva preferita dopo I Griffin e The Simpsons che mi ha saputo coinvolgere dall'inizio alla fine!

Quite enjoyed early on

By anastasia1243, Jun 18, 2014

Many ep (05-14)

Top three.

By Adobe, May 28, 2014

I only have three shows that I watch exclusively, and those are American Dad, Family Guy, and Futurama.

NO, American Dad is NOT a knockoff of Family Guy. They are two different shows with extremely different plot points and different jokes.

American Dad is amazing, and should never be canceled. It could end, but I don't see that happening. I love it, and several new episodes could be created, if they put their minds to it.

I love it.

10/10.

you now it is true

By mikelongsierra, May 12, 2014

american dad is just a knock off of family guy!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than Family Guy's recent seasons

By 03bgood, May 08, 2014

Family Guy hasn't been good since like season 9 and this is a breath of fresh air. I like Roger, he's the best but some of the characters do get annoying and there have been a few times they have crossed gender lines (Can I Frank With You, Stan Goes on The Pill) But overall a lot better than Family Guy's past 2 or 3 seasons. At least the plot and jokes are not repetitive unlike in Family Guy.

Bored to death

By DasansMom, Apr 26, 2014

Here lies American Dad which was not funny and annoying. No but seriously, this show is completely ridiculous. It's not that funny and I don't care what people think of my rating.

lame and annoying, but still good

By BaronvonSanta, Apr 13, 2014

this show is one of my favorites, but some of the characters are just as annoying as hell, like roger. if they made him less successful and let us see him suffer for once, then I would still watch this. otherwise the simpsons is still the best show ever for me. though this show still makes me laugh, still love the other characters.

Not as good as Family Guy, but is still a great show.

By leviwellsy, Mar 27, 2014

Some of you soccermoms think this isn't for kids and should be canceled, but this is FUNNY! Not close to Family Guy, but again, this show is great. Sometimes I watch this on Adult Swim when I have trouble going to sleep. It's a pretty entertaining, yet funny show! My dad sometimes likes to watch this and Family Guy, but at other times he thinks this show is stupid. I really don't care what he thinks, I care what I think, so in conclusion, you should check out this show.moreless

Load More Reviews