American Horror Story: Coven Finale Predictions: Who Do You Think Will Be the Next Supreme?

By Jen Trolio

Jan 29, 2014

This is it, folks! American Horror Story: Coven comes to close tonight with "The Seven Wonders," and a Supreme will finally be named. Might I suggest that we pass the time until the episode begins by trading theories about how it might be? Based on what's transpired over the last 12 episodes, it really could be anyone: All of the younger candidates have exhibited multiple powers, and given Ryan Murphy's penchant for insane plot switcheroos, I'm not so sure we can rule out the elders, either. Heck, at this point I'm pretty certain we shouldn't even exclude the people who died last week (or before). Which, according to this behind-the-scenes promo, is basically the point:

So you do you think it's going to be? Who do you WANT it to be? Personally, I'd like to see Nan come back and take the title—but something about that idea just seems too simple. 

Anyway, here are a few points and predictions to consider before you vote, from the comments of last week's review:

...and on that note, it's time to vote! Which witch will it be? Select your magical being of choice in the poll below—it'll close at 10pm Eastern, right as the episode begins its first airing—and once the Seven Wonders have concluded, we'll see whether or not our Supreme-forecasting abilities are worth a damn. 

Who'd you vote for, and why? Share your best theories in the comments!

• Comments (78)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • BeauxDacious Jan 30, 2014

Ooooo!!! Love this question!! I am as invested in this as I was the past Presidential election! #wahwah As much as I would like to see Zoe or Queenie take this ish, I am going with my fellow commenters in predicting Mutually Assured Mass Destruction i.e. they all wipe each other out and it's the least likely left i.e. Spaulding and Marie Jr. Either way: SQUEE!!! Can't wait!!!!

• J_Pip Jan 30, 2014

I said it last week and I'll say it again... All of the girls will become supreme's and it will be a Supreme Coven.

• alcalde Jan 29, 2014

I have to stop reading Price's recaps right before bed, especially the AHS ones, because they cause the most twisted dreams. Price, please stop writing about raccoons. Anyway, I watched the penultimate episode late last night and remembered to read Price's recap right before bed again. I woke up from my Pricemare at some ungodly hour of the night/morning with this thought in my mind... maybe it's not any of the girls? Another thought about someone saying that since the season opened with Zoe it has to be her and then....

...I realized there was something else at the beginning of the season too as I slowly started waking up. The whole story line about Cordelia trying to have a child, the Voodoo pregnancy spell, etc. My crazy Price-fueled thought was this: what if Cordelia has become pregnant after all and the new Supreme is actually her unborn baby? A lot of people on the show are getting fitting endings - Fiona being literally stabbed in the back for instance - maybe Cordelia's doomed to be the daughter of one Supreme and the mother of another? I'm thinking that if this isn't the twist ending - all that blood and battle among the witches and Fiona for nothing - maybe it should have been the ending. :-)

• BeauxDacious Jan 30, 2014

oh em gee - this is BRILLIANT!

• alcalde Feb 05, 2014

It was so close but so far... :-( But thanks anyway!

• Johnny630 Jan 30, 2014

I was thinking along the same lines. She goes through that whole ritual trying to get pregnant and it didn't work but I remember I think it was Marie saying there could be side effects. Maybe that finally comes into play and Murphy was waiting till the last episode to bring it back.

• JezhDazVeg Jan 29, 2014

"A new Supreme will be chosen Coven’s Jan. 29 finale, which reveals Fiona’s (Jessica Lange) successor, will unfold a tad differently from previous AHS conclusions. ”It usually is a very nihilistic ending. But this year is different because it’s an incredibly dark-comedy ending, which I like,” says Murphy, who teases, ”Nobody has guessed who the Supreme is.”

-- ”Nobody has guessed who the Supreme is.” --

• LOST-TWD-PP-GOT Jan 29, 2014

There is no next Supreme. There won't be a Coven, by the end of the finale either. All that will be left, will be the few witches spread, throughout the world. The best and brightest, of the next generation will be gone. Then they will all slowly die off. This is an extinction level event!

• alcalde Jan 29, 2014

Good! It's become clear to me over the episodes that maybe the witch hunters had the right idea. Myrtle nailed it when she observed that "homicidal maniac" was a description that could be applied to any of them.

• JezhDazVeg Jan 29, 2014

I really want Cordelia to be the next supreme, but I still think the Supreme will be taking over Fiona's form by performing Transmutation. This way the prophecy will be fulfilled, and isn't Myrtle so desperate to become her!?

• joshthemushroom Jan 29, 2014

Paul McCartney will be the next supreme.

• smorbie Jan 30, 2014

they could do worse.

• jedimasterkelso Jan 29, 2014

I'm thinking it will be somebody entirely out of left field, like the fire starter that got shot.

• Sbriseno07 Jan 29, 2014

I think Zoe would be the best choice. She is pretty stable and dedicated to the group. However, I really don't think she is going to be picked. Personally I would want Cordelia to be picked. She has earned it. The lady stabbed out her own eyes for the sake of the Coven.

• Carla-Wexler Jan 29, 2014

They will slaughter each other and the show will end in a cliffhanger as Diana Ross and her big fabulous hair, will storm through the doors and tell all of them to stop in the name of love.

• See More Comments (40)