American Horror Story: Freak Show Has a Premiere Date! Plus: Watch the Gross First Teaser (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 20, 2014

It’s time to let your freak flag fly!

FX has announced that Freak Show, the fourth installment of Ryan Murphy’s American Horror Story anthology series, will debut Wednesday, October 8 at 10pm. The network has also released a disgusting 10-second teaser for the new season, which appears to involve a deep-fried bird foot of some sort (watch it above).

Set in Florida in 1952 at one of the last remaining "freak shows” in the nation, the series will follow a troupe of performers, or freaks, on their journey of survival "as the American carny experience dies out around them." Naturally, their arrival in the quiet town of Jupiter also coincides with that of a dark entity that threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike.

Returning AHS cast members for Season 4 include Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, and Angela Bassett; they'll be joined by a host of series newcomers including The Shield's Michael Chiklis, The Americans' John Carroll Lynch, legendary diva Patti Labelle, the smallest living woman in the world, and more.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (16)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • La-Lady Aug 21, 2014

I love those AHS teasers. They please me ^^

• efonsecajr Aug 21, 2014

Nothing creepy about that. Bring it Ryan Murphy.

• ArkhamNative Aug 21, 2014

Reminds me of that older definition of geek. Also, a little more weirdness and maybe the shock horror than Coven's teen witch theme. Looking forward to something new from AHS.

• katikool Aug 21, 2014

Once I saw a reptile freak show in New Orleans. There were albino snakes and two-headed turtles and sheeit. This is going to be so much better and weirder than that!!!

I was a fan of Asylum, but I hope this season is a nice blend of the dark, depressing historical slog of season 2 and the lighthearted campy ghost-murder romp of season 1.

• chrelle66 Aug 21, 2014

Looking forward to it.
    I doubt that it will be as good as Coven, but as long as it tops Asylum I'll be very happy.

• Marburg66 Aug 20, 2014

I'm psyched. You can't go wrong with the promise of Siamese twin bearded lady lobster claw boy...but the deep fried talon has no effect on me.

I went to this restauraunt in Chicago's Chinatown once & since I didn't speak Chinese, I pointed to the thing on the menu I thought might be good & what they brought out to me on a plate were breaded chicken's feet fresh off the chicken, so at least for me, this teaser has a big "been there, done that" vibe to it

• sasalee Aug 21, 2014

yeah, it's not really all that gross. looks like dim sum to me!

• Patientxzero Aug 20, 2014

I can't wait. I'm hoping Freakshow will rejuvenate the show since the past couple seasons have been consistently disappointing. How can it go wrong with Patti Labelle?

• alelric Aug 20, 2014

Except that Asylum was the best season of the show. Coven was a trainwreck that I only watched because Angela Basset was electric and amazing.

• Patientxzero Aug 20, 2014

Better than the first season? I liked Asylum despite some of the slower episodes, but prefer the first season overall.

Totally agree about Coven! I honestly don't think I would have kept watching if it wasn't for Angela Basset. She deserved way more scenes than she got.

• alelric Aug 20, 2014

I love Murder House, but yes I think Asylum is still better. I would even say way better than Murder House. I enjoy my horror stuff dark and depressing and I was totally engrossed throughout, even at slower parts because AHS is usually so faced paced than slowing things down worked for me. And I &3 Lily Rabe.

• Patientxzero Aug 21, 2014

Lily Rabe is definitely tough to beat. She has a certain presence that commands every scene she's in. Though the same can be said of Jessica Lange. AHS has some of the best casting on television.

• Grumpyclown Aug 20, 2014

Region free version for everyone -

• Ian281099 Aug 21, 2014

Grumpy, you are a saint.

• LarissaPeixot Aug 21, 2014

Grumpyclown, you always come to the rescue!

• dex073 Aug 20, 2014

thank you for that