American Horror Story's Latest Teaser Is Worth a Second... and Third... Look (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 27, 2014

As the calendar creeps ever closer toward Wednesday, October 8, FX is slowly rolling out promotional teasers for the fourth season of American Horror Story. Set in the 1950s at one of the last remaining freak shows in America, AHS: Freak Show stars returning cast members Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, and Sarah Paulson, as well as series newcomer Michael Chiklis. We also know that Paulson's character has two heads and that the world's smallest woman will appear, as will Matt Boner Bomer and legendary diva Patti Labelle.

We've already seen two creepy teaser clips and a poster for the new season, but the latest promo, provided courtesy of Entertainment Weekly, is probably going to require closer inspection than the ones that've preceded it. Press play and see if you can figure out why without repeated viewings.

American Horror Story returns Wednesday, October 8 at 10pm on FX. 

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (24)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • crazyanimegyrl Sep 03, 2014

What a tease! LOL can't wait!

• dh4645 Aug 28, 2014

she has 3 legs, big deal. still excited for the season

• Johnny-E Aug 28, 2014

I noticed that every interesting piece i read today on this site is by Kaitlin Thomas - did they all just go on summer vacation and leave you there alone with all the work, or do you cover all the good TV shows? ;)
    But for god's sake stop putting country-restricted video links, you do have readers from all over the world you know...

Here you go everyone:
    American Horror Story: Freak Show - Teaser #3 "Spotlight" 1080p - YouTube

• TVdoJose Sep 02, 2014

Thanks for that. And that's right cause they transmit this show simultaneously or with very little delay to other countries around the world, so it's hurtful to be treated like some 2nd/3rd class viewer from the american tv companies.

• Meve76 Aug 28, 2014

I noticed the Swatzika quite soon, but the rumors were already about nazis right after Covent, and the hashtag" wisindallefreaks" of the poster left no place for doubt... I don't know how i feel about this theme, i don't have any fascination for this period... we'll see on October 8th...

• anthonyclay37 Aug 28, 2014

i hope its scary or at least a thriller of some sort. the last season was like bad comedy with no plot or story or character development.

• slayme3 Aug 28, 2014

yeah i found last season to be hugely disappointing - it's like they had no idea where they were trying to take the season. loved Asylum and Murder House though.

• ScorpiusBlue Aug 28, 2014

again, video cannot be viewed in Canada :(

• Marburg66 Aug 28, 2014

I came in all arrogant thinking "Oh, this'll be easy."
    nope.
    It wasn't until the 3rd view that I noticed the head was completely detached from the body

• dh4645 Aug 28, 2014

it's not detached. she just has a choker around her neck.
    just 3 legs, that some people thinks looks like a swastika on purpose. i think it's just a coincidence.

• slayme3 Aug 28, 2014

if you mean the neck bending way back - i see that in the shadow but no detachment.

• Laurpr2 Aug 28, 2014

It's not the head. It's the three legs.

• Marburg66 Aug 28, 2014

the 3rd leg was far too obvious, so I kept looking past it until I saw something more subtle :P

• slayme3 Aug 28, 2014

it' not detached - that's a trick of the lighting.

• TravisBrown0 Aug 28, 2014

Does anyone else feel it almost silhouettes a swastika? The 50's were known for its communist paranoia.

• Marburg66 Aug 28, 2014

just so you know, the red scare of the 50's was centered around soviet paranoia & didn't have any correlation with the nazi's of the 40's

• TravisBrown0 Jan 13, 2015

Fair enough. I stand corrected. :)

• Patientxzero Aug 27, 2014

Third leg aside, it's the shape that he's in.....pretty telling.

Also at the very end it looks like he transforms into an "elephant man".

Gotta love the teasers for AHS!

• fesken Aug 27, 2014

And here for all us internationals 😀http://youtu.be/fqBUajK4pBU

• sebak989 Aug 28, 2014

thanks. tho you should embed, since we are lazy

• annySauv Aug 27, 2014

thank-you, from CANADA : )

• See More Comments (3)