Animaniacs

Show Reviews (154)

Great

Animaniacs

By felbapov, May 06, 2014

Hi. I am six years old and I think it is a great show for all ages.

One of Warner Bros. greatest creations

By Orca36, Mar 04, 2014

Oh my god, this is one of the most creative cartoon series I have ever seen. A certified Top 10 in my list of all-time greatest animated shows in history along with Kim Possible, Avatar, Ed, Edd n' Eddy and fellow Warner creation, Looney Tunes. The stories, the characters, the jokes, everything about Animaniacs was pure genius!

Let's start with the characters. Yakko, Wakko and Dot are of course our main characters, and are the best part about Animaniacs. Yakko is witty, and makes many of the pop culture references that make this show so spectacular. Wakko is the dumb brother, but he's not annoying when he tries to be funny, he's just hilarious by nature. Dot, not really much to say except that she's funny too. The side characters are also pretty hysterical. Particularly Dr. Scratchensniff and Slappy Squirrel. Every segment they're in always have me laughing out loud. Slappy is especially hilarious for how much of a troll she can be in her segments. She's cranky, sarcastic, but at the same time cares deeply about her nephew Skippy to where she's the most likable of the side characters. Scratchensniff's voice, the way he talks, and his misadventures with the Warner Bros. and sister makes him a close second. And then there's Hello Nurse... Hooo! So sexy! And smart too. Which is a good spin on the usual attractive animated woman stereotype in shows like this.

Though there are some controversial segments that involve Minerva Mink (though I personally have no problem with her episodes. most, if not all the episodes were very entertaining. Even ones with really minor characters like Mime Time, Good Idea/Bad Idea and the Chicken-Boo. Rita and Runt, Buttons and Mindy, and the pigeons all had some great segments. But I think my favorite ones apart from Yakko, Wakko and Dot and Slappy's were The Pinky and the Brain episodes. Their chemistry of smart and dumb is one of the funniest partnerships I've seen in animation period.

Another thing I really liked about Animaniacs was that it was set in present day, and there were many cameos/parodies of celebrities who were famous at the time of the show's release. Animaniacs is a show that will stand the test of time! Hilarious jokes and references, great segments with funny and likable characters, and an all-around great idea come to life, Animaniacs will always be one of the best animated shows of all time.moreless

Top Shows - Thanks Spielberg!

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

Various ep (98)

A very creative show

By toshiootomo5, Nov 22, 2013

Animaniacs was a very creative show from it's time.

Despite some often compare them with Bugs Bunny, the Warner Siblings went in adventures which none of those who had preceded them gone before.

The series does parodies of several media related from movie, live action, tv shows and even rival cartoons.

A very creative show

By toshiootomo5, Nov 22, 2013

Animaniacs was a very creative show from it's time.

Quite possibly the BEST cartoon in the 90s

By DisneyVillain, Oct 12, 2013

Every single character in the show is well done. I love every different sketch from the Warner Brothers and Warner Sister, Katie Kaboom, Pinky and the Brain, Goodfeathers, Slappy Squirrel, Chicken Boo, Rita and Runt, and the short lived Minerva Mink who only got 2 shorts. I've watched this when I was a little kid, and to this day, the show can still make me laugh. That was great writing.

Coolness

By moustache, Jul 17, 2013

This was a very forgotten cartoon and people need to watch this instead of FOX's super overrated show, Family Guy or what I like to call it , Racist White Induced Acid Trip With A Moron Running It.

They Should Bring This Back

By StephanieCast2, Jul 09, 2013

This show is creative and funny, why they got rid of this was beyond me.

Characters: 95% (A)

The characters are funny, unique and original

Plot: 95% (A)

The plots vary between parodies of kiddie shows and Disney films to Dr. Scratchnsniff (appologies if I spelt it wrong) trying to get the Warners stop being zany in therapy sessions.

Humor 97% (A+)

Humor can range from literal jokes to pop culture refrences and I also love how they make fun of the over protective parents who think putting violence in cartoons is bad for their kids and how they hate having morals in them.

Voice Acting: 95% (A)

The voice acting is great, and not generic crap we get today.

Average: 95.5% (A+)moreless

Great Cartoon

By Spiderman72995, May 06, 2013

I love this one. The Hub airs it every day. They're the Animaniacs!

Load More Reviews