Finland

Good
7.2

Bourdain Finland

By ColinChung, Jul 15, 2012

I like the fact that it starts off by showing the fan mails from Finland on why he needs to come to Finland. The show itself thou was pretty depressing. It makes Canada look like Disneyland!

bourdain FINLAND

By ruokahullu, May 19, 2012

THIS WAS SHOCKING TO SIT AND WATCH HOW YOU MADE FINNISH PEOPLE OUT TO BE STUPID DRUNKS WHO DID NOTHING BUT DRINK AND TAKE SAUNA'S WITH OCCASIONAL BLOOD LETTING... WOW ! YOU WENT WAY OUT OF YOUR WAY TO DEPICT FINNISH PEOPLE IN A NEGATIVE, MOROSE, MANIC DEPRESSIVE UNFRIENDLY LIGHT. THE FILMING WAS DONE AT NIGHT AND SHOWED NOTHING GOOD. IF THE FINNISH PEOPLE WERE SUCH STUPID DRUNKS, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE SUCH A STRONG STANDING IN THE GLOBAL MARKET PLACE WITH COMPANIES ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT SUPPLY NOKIA PHONES, MARIMEKKO, IITTALA, CRISPBREADS IN EVERY LOCAL SUPERMARKET, CHEESES, LARGEST SHIPS IN THE WORLD ARE BUILT IN FINLAND AND PLEASE MAKE A NOTE, FINLAND IS TO DATE THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT HAS PAID BACK THE WAR TIME LOAN TO THE US. A PROUD AND HONORABLE PEOPLE. THEY PERSEVERED AGAINST SWEDEN AND RUSSIA AND MAINTAIN THEIR INDEPENDENCE AND HAVE A SYSTEM OF EDUCATION WHICH IS LEADING IN THE WORLD FOR THE PAST 10 YRS. I THINK MANY FINNISH PEOPLE WERE INSULTED AND ARE FINISHED WITH YOUR SHOW. SHAME ON YOU ANTHONY. YOU WERE KINDER TO TERRORIST NATIONS THAN YOU WERE TO THE PEACE-LOVING FINNS.. I THINK YOUR MOM WOULD NOT BE PROUD OF YOU TODAY............ PIRJO KANERVIKKOAHO-AMATOmoreless

Bourdain Finland

By colfin, May 17, 2012

I'm from Finland, and I loved the episode. They went a bit back to the style of the very first episodes. If you've seen the Iceland episode (which I think is one of their best) you know what to expect from the show. So some of us finns still have a sense of humour, don't worry.

But why come in the winter, it's miserable here at that time of the year, and Helsinki is an isolated mecca for self loathing narcists? :D

Finns are also very keen on exaggerating, so listen to Yaffas comments with that in mind. ;)moreless