Great

Love this show

By Ericamorgan3, Mar 07, 2014

This is one of my favorite shows. I especially love when Anthony goes to Asian countries like china. Love his personality and I wish I got paid to travel to all these cool places. He is so lucky!

Wheat free breads and buns

By ajmcnic, Sep 10, 2013

Knowing that wheat is no longer good for us, why is there no cooking shows on wheat free breads and buns?

like your show

By trackerbill, Dec 09, 2012

I like your show but just today you affended me by having Ron Jeremy . You have slipped down into the dens of you know what!!!! Good By !!!!

No Reservations is Love

By itsmemadie01, Sep 04, 2012

I once heard at TMZ one of the people there asked Harvey, how can you be not addicted to Anthony Bourdain?

Anthony is not the biggest star on TV but I love his honesty and the thought that narrations are the same words we would expect him say. I have read his books and it's his own brand of humor that makes him different from other travel show host. He is a very interesting man with a keen taste with food and adventure. I trust his opinion on food more than I would trust big time celebrity chefs. His lines are raw and unscripted, sometime it may rub on touchy subjects but his candid remarks simply endearing.moreless

Stoki

By AttilaSovari, May 14, 2012

I love every moment of the show , in fact I ' ve tryed Thomas Keller chicken recipe which performed excellently .

Dear Anthony would it be possible to bring the show to Hungary ?

I think it would be a perfect opportunity to show some unique cousin , the Hungarian cousin .

Regards Attila

asovari@yahoo.com

Dang you Bourdain! I'm actually starting to like your show.

By jw2468, May 26, 2010

I remember when this show first premiered and I scoffed at it because I also remembered Bourdain from when he was on the Food Network and how much of an arrogant jerk he was. I refused to watch his show because I found him to have WAY too big of an opinion of himself. But as time went on and shows that involved travel became less and less on the Travel Channel, I found myself watching this guy. Sometimes it was because there was nothing else on. Sometimes it was because the places he went and the stuff he ate looked just darn good.

Let's get one thing straight by answering a few questions: 1. Do I watch this show for the enjoyable, likeable host that brings a vibe and energy to the show? Heck no! 2. Do I watch it for the places he goes and the stuff he gets to eat? Heck yes! No Reservation's biggest thing going for it is the places the guy gets to go. The episode that really drew me in was the time he went to Saudi Arabia. When was the last time you saw a travel show about that place? The answer is (at least for me) never. What the place was and what I thought it was going to be was totally different. The people were friendly and the food looked good. It was an eye-opener. That's perhaps the best thing about the show; it introduces you to places and food you never would have thought about prior to seeing the episode. The funny thing is that you could certainly see yourself going there once you're introduced. Oh, and the food looks flippin' awesome! There's not enough room to describe how well this dude eats.

So, I still find Bourdain as an arrogant middle aged man who thinks WAY too highly of himself, but perhaps not as much as I did in the past. One thing is for sure though: the places he gets to go, the stuff he gets to eat and the people he's met are very, very cool. Ironically, this is one of the last travel shows left on the Travel Channel.moreless

My very favorite show!

By caro42, Nov 19, 2008

I love this show and Anthony Bourdain in all his snarkiness. He takes you to places off the beaten path and gives a glimpse into the local cuisine, people and of course alcoholic beverages. I was only introduced to this show in January but since then I have seen every episode at least once and can't wait to see where he take us next. My favorite episodes have been Tony's return to his restaurant "Les Halles" for his old shift, the Vegas episode, and the Indonesia one. I love all the episodes with his friend Zamir too. This show takes you away to all the places you want to go, without haven't to buy the plane ticket.moreless

The chef turned author takes his show on the road

By CRaivios, Aug 07, 2008

I am a huge fan of Tony Bourdain since his book Kitchen Confidential and his first show on the Food Network, A Cook's Tour.

What makes No Reservations a better show is that it is an hour instead of thirty minutes.

My favorite part of each episode and commercial break is the disclaimer. Far be it that children or those faint of heart be allowed to watch the show.

Anthony Bourdain is a chef trained at the Culinary Institute of America. He was the executive chef of Les Halles in NYC. In Kitchen Confidential, he does not hide the fact that he had a drug problem nor that he is, at best, a nonconformist. Tony swears, hates vegetarians, smokes, and has little patience for certain other chefs.

What I love about Bourdain, and what separates him from other host, is that he is a very well read man, an excellent writer, has absolutely no snobbery when visiting other cultures, is unfailingly polite to any host, will eat or drink anything and has a true curiosity about life outside of NYC.

I look forward to any destination No Reservations visits in the future.moreless

Traveling around the world has never been so much fun.

By AliasMacgyver, Jul 30, 2008

Forget Andrew Zimmern. No Reservations, that where its at. What's great about No Reservations is that Anthony Bourdain doesn't cope out like other travel shows do, he doesn't show us the tourist friendly areas of a country, and doesn't show food that's from 5 star restaurants or food that 3/4 of the country's population don't even eat. What's really appealing about No Reservations is that he doesn't condescend the audience, its not dumbed down for general consumption. Bourdain takes us to places where the food, place, and people don't actually look that compelling and makes it look like a cool place to visit. He does this so easy that he blows western notions of the all of these things out of the water and shows us the misconceptions that all Americans have of foreign countries. No Reservations succeeds where all other travel shows in the past have failed, everything is compelling as well as entertaining. In the words of Anthony Bourdain, "be a traveler, not a tourist."moreless

Load More Reviews