S.O.B.s

Episode Reviews (22)

Superb

In this classic episode, it's the FOX network that is the real S.O.B.

By cheezhead1013, Dec 11, 2010

What other show on television could simultaneously provide a laugh-out-loud episode while letting viewers in on the self-referencing joke? I laughed every single minute. How does FOX repay this comedic genius? By arresting "Development" and serving up trash like "Free Ride," "Trading Spouses," and "Stacked." The Bluth family motto should be "Remember 'Family Guy'." FOX - what an S.O.B.!

one of my faves

By _crazy_cool_, Dec 11, 2010

this was one of the first episodes i ever saw and i think its one of the best. it is one of my favorites and it is really very funny.

i love this show and i own all three seasons even though the third season is only two dvds i have watched all three seasons and i love all three seasons.

Gob actually works a day in his life... wow! all the "gimmicks" they have are hilarious... lindsay trying to be a "mother figure" in the house is super funny and micheal thinking that george michael has obsessive compulsive disorder is so funny!

so in closing... thank you for reading my rant and the fact that you have put up with my rambling. by:a.q.moreless

Gob accidentally works a day in his life!

By jimbo_001, Jun 20, 2006

Save Our Bluths, may not be the best abbreviation for a fundraiser, but even worse may be a speech removing all respect for the family, sauce being the water the chicken was cooked in and an old lady choking moments after the announcement that the charity source used to poison people.

This is my favourite season three episode so far, the only part I didn’t like being the quintuplets, though they did have their funny moments.

Much like Scrubs “My Life In Four Cameras” which is a parody of the basic sitcom, this episode parodies shows attempts at boosting popularity, eg/3D glasses (who through the tomato?), a promise of a death (we may as well tell you now, she’s the one that dies) and live moments, and is done in a hilarious way.

Overall, this episode is a very amusing instalment of Arrested Development with great inside jokes about the show’s cancellation and hilarious subplots from both George Michael and Maeby.moreless

Wonderful, Brilliant !!

By shawna6218, Mar 18, 2006

This Is One Of The Best Series, Yet FOX Never Really Gave It A Chance. This Episode Was Hilarous, It Can Poke Fun at Itself Even While It's Fate It Unknown. I Laughed All The Way Through. I Hope that This Series Will Be On for A While. FOX Keep's Canceling All the Good Series.

Another hilarious, incredibly smart episode from the folks at AR

By stvspl, Jan 26, 2006

All the great references (my favorite: "and one of these people will die"), spoofs (though I use the term loosely, because it's so far above that level) of other shows, and incredible writing made this episode my favorite. I can't believe that this series is leaving; it deserves a much higher level of attention. MUCH higher.

Another great episode of a great show.

By Data-Dox, Jan 14, 2006

The show continues to be a great show, and have some really good humor. Making shameless pleas for their own exsistance was refreshing to see from a now canceled tv show. I hope it isn't the last aired episode, I haven't checked if it is or isn't yet. Anyway, thanks Arrested for another great episode.

Good episode, the plot being very self-referential regarding the demise of this amazing show.

By gord1mca, Jan 04, 2006

Really going to badly miss this show if it doesn't get picked up by another network. With a bit of luck one of the potential deals with Showtime or ABC will be completed.

The talk at the moment is that Futurama could be getting another series. Surely the Fox execs can see from experience that cancelling multi award winning comedy shows is not the right thing to do!

Not the greatest episode ever, but in its context: one of the best!

By danjfriedman, Jan 04, 2006

Arrested Development, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways, or instead write a TV.com review of the most self-referential episode of all time.

This episode really rewarded all of us fans who have been keeping close tabs on the always dangerous fate of the funniest show on television. With characters clearly referring to HBO and Showtime and the fact that the show is up against a wall, using transparent analogies, the show has reached a new level.

Whither Arrested Development in the second half of this decade? We can only hope and, it turns out, so can the characters themselves.moreless

you could also say 'THE BEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES' and not be debated or called a liar!!

By JuTin_Man, Jan 04, 2006

It has been a tough time enjoying Arrested Development since half past the 1st season... I was so scared the show would cease to exist. This Third Season shows why this show should not be cancelled until it breaks the longest-running series record. It is so hard to review this show without putting the "F" word before many statements to emphasize how ____ing brilliant this show it, how ____ing funny this ____ show is.

This episode is the first written since Arrested Development's second episode cutback... and the writers go ballistic creating the funniest episode in this hilarious series!moreless

Load More Reviews