The CW Has a Potential Arrow Spin-off In the Works

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jul 30, 2013

At the Television Critics Association summer press tour today, CW president Mark Pedowitz announced that Arrow's second season will see the introduction of one Dr. Barry Allen. As DC Comics fans know, Allen's alter-ego is The Flash. If the origin story goes well, there is a very good possibility that the network will develop a spin-off around the character.

"We do want to expand upon the DC Universe, and we felt this is a very organic way to get there," said Pedowitz.

We know, we know, there's basically no additional info to go on at this point. But what do you guys think of this idea? Would you watch a Flash spin-off? Would you rather see a different character land their own show? Or are you already fighting spin-off fatigue in the wake of the upcoming The Originals and the recently announced Supernatural spin-off that's also in development?

• Comments (178)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • aje123 Oct 22, 2013

I would totally watch it but they should not treat it as a arrow spin off it should be an independent show

• rachelthnguyen Oct 10, 2013

It'll depend how this season goes. I love Arrow but I think a spin-off will depend on the reaction to the flash character! Too many spin-offs isn't a good idea either but I'm sure more people would watch a DC comics spin off than are watching the originals.

• Marburg66 Oct 09, 2013

I guess it depends on how they end up doing it. I know DC is chomping at the bit to catch up with Marvel, but on the surface, it's a stupid idea. There was a time when DC were innovators that left Marvel behind in their dust & helped the comic industry grow up for a while.

Oh well. It's just bisineness. We'll see how it goes but if this is going to be the beginning of superhumans in my Arrowverse, I'll just shoot the finger & tune the 'eff out of it all entirely.

• Egomania-X Sep 14, 2013

Bring man of steel cameos. I don't mean characters, but maybe a news story on the tv screen about metropolis city. Or Diggle making a joke about how this "superman" guy can kick oliver's ass.

• indy2011 Sep 08, 2013

An updated version of the flash "bring it"
    It would be nice to get more shows like this as long as it's not too (oh what's the word I'm looking for ) LAME

• wesmcg Sep 06, 2013

sounds dope

• C3rn0baL Aug 23, 2013

Hell yeah! Bring Allen into the mix. Might also be a good idea to do a Batman as well, or at least give him a guest appearence, while also mentioning the "red & blue spandex wearing alien in Metropoilis". That'd be fun! :))

• Loralee_jk Aug 23, 2013

I'd want to see Wally West & if I can, with Artemis Crock

• AmyTeves Aug 13, 2013

Actually, I think I'd like to see either the phantom or the shadow, updated versions of course or Elektra.

• BronzyMan Aug 11, 2013

Yeah...Way to Go!!! Bring the speedster!!!

• See More Comments (77)